Question - Never been able to access the homepage on my devices | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Never been able to access the homepage on my devices

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So I've never been able to use the homepage, but I can on other devices. Whenever I use the main page link, it shows me an error saying that the server be overloaded, or that the tech staff broke something... I want to know if this is isolated to my IP on my mobile and laptop or if other users have this issue also

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yeah I can't access the site on my phone either, other sites work, just not MH.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I recall some other members reporting it, it is a known issue, Osso takes care of the homepage and the manga database but he's been quite busy recently, he may look into it at a later date.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I wasn't able to access the homepage either since April, but it's fixed for me now. I can see the homepage (almost) normally again.

Did the problem get solved for you guys too?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The issue had come up again, possibly due to our updating Xenforo recently. Osso deals with the main page and authentication issues, so we're having him take care of that.

I'll post here again once it's been resolved.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The Issue resolved itself for me too last week. I can access the Main Page functionally now :super

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Looks like the issues persisted for a long time. Some members joined early of the year like February had never had the chance to look at the home page at all. We have so many good stuffs posted in the Home Page but many members, unfortunately, are unable to enjoy them.

Other issues we are facing are some of us stay as "guests" and unable to log in.

These issues remain the same on mobile devices and computers.

Error message

The above are feedback from various members. Could we trouble @Osso to expedite looking into the issue please? Very much appreciated. Thanks! :)

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've never had issues actually accessing the main page (haven't seen the error posted above), but I haven't been able to log into it for the past few weeks. Clicking the login link initially redirects me to login at the forums, and when I log in there it redirects me straight back to the non-logged-in main page. Clicking the login link on the main page after that does absolutely nothing (just redirects me back to the same page).

This issue has been preventing me from posting my One Piece translations for the past few weeks. I've tried multiple browsers and multiple devices (Safari, Firefox and Chrome on a MacBook Pro, and mobile Safari on my iPhone and iPad) and multiple internet connections (my home and mobile data connections) with no luck - the same thing happens in every case. I was able to login when I quickly tested it on my Windows machine at work, but it's not much use to me there (we're not really supposed to use our work machines for anything private…).

It occurred to me that the issue might have something to do with the recent Apple OS updates, but after looking into the specific dates, I'm pretty sure I had already upgraded to macOS Sierra when I made my last successful translation post (for One Piece 839 on Sept 23), so maybe they're unrelated.

Would really appreciate it if this issue could be fixed soon.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've never had issues actually accessing the main page (haven't seen the error posted above), but I haven't been able to log into it for the past few weeks. Clicking the login link initially redirects me to login at the forums, and when I log in there it redirects me straight back to the non-logged-in main page. Clicking the login link on the main page after that does absolutely nothing (just redirects me back to the same page).

This issue has been preventing me from posting my One Piece translations for the past few weeks. I've tried multiple browsers and multiple devices (Safari, Firefox and Chrome on a MacBook Pro, and mobile Safari on my iPhone and iPad) and multiple internet connections (my home and mobile data connections) with no luck - the same thing happens in every case. I was able to login when I quickly tested it on my Windows machine at work, but it's not much use to me there (we're not really supposed to use our work machines for anything private…).

It occurred to me that the issue might have something to do with the recent Apple OS updates, but after looking into the specific dates, I'm pretty sure I had already upgraded to macOS Sierra when I made my last successful translation post (for One Piece 839 on Sept 23), so maybe they're unrelated.

Would really appreciate it if this issue could be fixed soon.
I also can't login to the Main Page, as I get the same issue. For me it's just curiosity because I only post translations of spoilers, but for you that's a pretty major issue.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Osso fixed the problem, if you log out and log in, everything should work all right.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Logged out and logged in again. tried visiting the home page but I still get the same error message.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I was referring to the problem @cnet128 reported, AFAIK Osso hasn't worked on the "Internal Server Error" problem.

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, everything's working fine again here =)

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Thanks to @Osso and @Pat.

The "guest" issue is fixed, though it's responding slowly. I even got double-post-parrot stalking me.

Hmmm... seems like it's responding normally now. So, all is well. Thanks, once again. :super

@kira and many new members: sorry that you still can't access the homepage yet. Hope it will be fixed soon. I'm waiting to see your names appearing there. :^_^

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Welp, I suddenly can't access the homepage again
Gotta love Forum Software switchovers eh?

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Well, the problem seems to still be consistent for me. Thing is, whenever I log in, I'm not able to access it but when I'm logged out, I can access it.

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Same thing for me...
When it works , it tells me i can register to MH but i'm already registered <_>
So when i try to register , there is no link/page...:-_-

Osso

Tech
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I fixed the problem that prevented newly registered users to access the manga database and other pages. Sorry for the delay, my life was a bit crazy.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
You know that shit's getting done when Osso actually posts :lmao
And yes thanks. It's all working on my end now.

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
I fixed the problem that prevented newly registered users to access the manga database and other pages. Sorry for the delay, my life was a bit crazy.
Thanks @Osso :hurr
it's working perfectly now:x3