Feedback - New Banners! New Skins! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback New Banners! New Skins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
If you go to the "Template" drop list on the bottom of the left sidebar, you will find new options!

Try "Bleach Blue" or "OP Green" or "Naruto Blue" or "Cherry Blossom" - experiment and see what you like! :amuse

Major thanks to both Terramare and Fuzzy for making all this possible.
Also to Miso for her Cherry Blossom banner.

We have some more banners we would like to incorporate, but for now, enjoy what we have. :)

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yay! New skins! :knk

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ooo, nice! i like the sakura one... even though im a man...
pink could be nice for a change... ^^

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Just ran through those skins. They're great. But some questions arose.
Is there a possibility to modify just the header? For example I find the Bleach and Naruto banners perfect, but personally I prefer the gray background used in all three MH primal skins. I've read it's healthier too.
Another thing is that the orange theme could be added as it's one of the most popular manga colors. Not only the Naruto's costume, also Ichigo's hair and the new Strawhat outfits. That's the fashion right now.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
EDIT: We'll look into it, Preddy :)

Here are some guidelines to how to contribute in making banners for us if you want to :)

1st file. LOGO - we've fixed it so that we can do any size now, but please keep it to a decent height and width. If it's too wide, for example, it'll stretch the forums, and who wants that? Let's say about a maximum of 400 to 450px. (It can be up to 600px, but will load more slowly for dialup users, so it's up to you...) Height can be anything now but let's not over-do it ( 90 to 100 and around there is best, max 150 ). They have to be gif files. ( Ex: logo.gif )

2nd file. REPEATER - the background that just repeats itself - needs to flow, obviously, or won't repeat properly. Ex: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/Themes/op_blue/images/sf_logo.jpg - and it needs to be the same height as your logo. Width needs to be as much as it can be to repeat properly, but shouldn't need to be too much. Name it something like sf_logo.jpg ...

These 2 files have to to come together.

And then the optionals if you want to do an entire site design:

Optional # 1. Navigation bar background (navbarbg) right under banner - ( Home / Forum / Image Gallery / News ) - you can make a background image that should be horizontally repeating like the repeater and and should basically follow the same guidelines except for the height ( approx. 25px ). OP Green's navbarbg is around 1x24. It has to be named navi_bg.jpg .

Optional # 2. The bar under the above Navigation bar, where it currently says: "RAW/Translation/Edited Manga Announcements - Posted by: xallisto - Tuesday, 21 March 2006 04:29 " - we call that the ShoutBox Top bg. If you're going to do a navbarbg, you should try to do this too. These two come almost hand in hand. Same guidelines as navbarbg. Height needs to be 25. Filename: shouttop_bg.jpg

Optional # 3. Shoutbox background - shoutbox top bg... you should get the idea, though...

Well, these are the top optionals, anyway.. there are others, but if you want any more help, I recommend contacting Terramare at www.shannaro.com or Fuzzy! who's responsible for most of the banners and skins we have so far. Just be sure to include "Banner Help" in your topic or Fuzzy! might ask you who the heck you are XD

Terra

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Predator_U said:
Just ran through those skins. They're great. But some questions arose.
Is there a possibility to modify just the header?
That's what these skins were yesterday :P But now, no its not possible to change just the header, we'd have to make a whole new skin for that. :(

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
We're going to incorporate some others later on that may be a little easier on the eyes.

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Thanks for the answers GK, Terramare.
I knew already about the banners. Taylor had made a thread for it a while ago, hadn't he? The thing is I haven't had not a single idea I'd like that much to go all the way making it. Damn, I'm even without the signiture yet. If I'll make them, they'll be universal.
Let's keep up the good mood for now.

EDIT: I take back my words about the sig. Make a few similar signitures today. :xp

Meccamputechture

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The skins are absolutely brilliant.

Great job with this... My favourite is Naruto Blue :D

igalsfy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
these skins rock. i really like how these forums are going on...

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
We should be able to include a Death Note banner pretty soon too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.