Chapter - New Prince of Tennis Chapter 377, 378 and 379 Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter New Prince of Tennis Chapter 377, 378 and 379 Discussion

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Thank you beautiful @Friss for the raws.

The summary is based on machine-translated content, take it with a grain of salt pls.

Chapter 377

The spectators watch shocked as Fuji leads 5-3 after returning everything Ryoma had in his repertoire.

Ryoma serves hoping to change the tides of the match. Fuji baits him to hit a COOL DRIVE. As Ryoma notices right before hitting the ball, the more topspin you apply on the ball, the stronger Tsubame Gaeshi is... so he switches to a smash last second!

Ryoma falls and gets ready to return Fuji's Aoi Fubuki... but the latter uses his Higuma Otoshi instead. Ryoma reaches the ball, but Fuji scores with a drop shot.

Ryoma serves and once again quickly rushes to the net. Fuji replies with... a Hakugei?

No, it's a Hakuryu! Ryoma just barely manages to return... and Fuji easily scores once again.

With the score 0-30 in his favour, Fuji starts using his Closed Eyes and intentionally hits the net.

"You are good, but if you do that so will I, I won't lose!" says Ryoma as he also hits the net like an idiot?, allowing Fuji to hit his 6th Counter, Hoshi Hanabi.

Chapter 378

Because there's no wind, the ball's trajectory is actually easy to follow. Ryoma should easily score from this... but barely misses his smash! It's now 0-40. Rain starts to pour as a scenario we've once seen is played again.

"This again. You are not running again, are you? I can go on"

Ryoma now gets ready to serve with his right hand. Kirihara is skeptical.

"Ah, finally, twisted serve. I've missed it. From the first time I saw you doing it, you've never ceased to amaze me. Hating to lose more than anyone else, doing reckless things, you became the number one. While supporting your friends, the more cornered you were... the stronger you became"

4th Counter, Kagerou Zutsumi.

Ryoma desperately runs trying to catch up with the ball. Kite remembers Chinen's and Hirakoba's words. You feel like you are close to the ball and yet you can't ever reach it, it's impossible... or not, because Ryoma manages to return the ball sliding with a puddle of water and scores!

"COME OOOOON"

As Kirihara and Sengoku watch in shock, Inui explains what I just said with more words.

Fuji notices that with this, Ryoma has returned all of Fuji's counters. They thought that Fuji's counters were stopping Ryoma's movements, but at the same time, Echizen was looking to attack all of them.

Chapter 379

Back at the FUN match, Ochi/Mouri lead 5-3 against the mysterious masked duo. And now they've unlocked their own Howling!

"This is doubles. And this is my answer to your choice... equality."

"Last 4, please ♪"

Tohno observes that even if they were to return Ochi's Mach, Mouri is right there at the net hunting for his prey with his large size.

As Ochi serves, the masked men talk to each other. They plan to hurt Mouri! Masked Man J gets himself perfectly ready for his attack... and misses?!

"That's not a Mach..."

"It's a Warp".

Game, set, and match. Ochi-Mouri, 6-3.

The masked men point out that Ochi managed to bring out the best of his partner, and made the right choice moving to doubles.

As Mouri celebrates with Ochi, he asks the losers to unmask, he wants to know who they are.

U-17 World Cup Final D1
Ochi Tsukimitsu / Mouri Jusaburou

On the other court, Ryoma has managed to reach a tiebreaker. With the match dead even, Fuji uses a move he has never shown before. Critical Wind, Fox Fireball.

Ryoma praises Fuji and attempts to return this new special move. He observes that you have to hit it swiftly at a very precise moment, otherwise the ball will dance away with any bit of wind pressure... and so it does.

Fuji declares himself the winner, as the ball passes Ryoma. Ryoma sees a reflection of his brother and screams in desperation. Just as this happens, a gust of wind blows... and the ball lands out!

Game, set, and match. Ryoma, 7-6.

Fuji extends his hand to congratulate Ryoma. The latter just stares at him.

"Hey, you are not going to quit tennis, are you?"

"Why would I? It's getting more interesting, just when I thought it wasn't possible".

U-17 World Cup Final S2
Echizen Ryoma.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Please register to see the content of this post.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia