Chapter - New Prince of Tennis Chapter 380, 381 and 382 Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter New Prince of Tennis Chapter 380, 381 and 382 Discussion

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
The summary is based on machine-translated content, take it with a grain of salt pls.

Despite Kin being some sort of little brother to his captain, a merciless Shiraishi continues to attack all of his weak points.

Shiraishi reflects:

“Kintarou, your mind was set on challenging Echizen in singles. But you're probably no match for him now.

As your captain, I wanted to play doubles with you, and make it to the finals together. But then Tanegashima asked me to play doubles with him, as our odds would be much higher if we played together.

So I decided to match Kin-chan, who is Japan’s top class attacking, with Japan’s top class in stamina and defensive prowess. And like that, I asked Ohmagari.

I want to see how you perform on the world stage, it’ll surely help you in your tennis career. Like it did to mine. As your captain, I know what you are capable of. I’ve done everything I can.

Now all there’s left is... Winning!”

Tanegashima and Shiraishi rush towards the net in a vertical formation.

Kintarou quickly assesses the situation and hits left. Tanegashima quickly goes for the ball and hits a parallel shot... but Kin is already there! He scores and finally gets a game for his team, though They trail 1-4.

Ohmagari notices Kintarou’s judgement is much faster than in the last game and improving. He brings his partner to the side and asks him why played like that.

Kintarou replies that, since Shiraishi is left-handed, hitting to his right meant he’d have to use his backhand, which is weaker, so he’d leave the ball to Tanegashima. Tanegashima was on the back, so it would be hard for Shiraishi to move accordingly, and as such the formation would break in the middle leaving a perfect gap to hit cross-court from that angle.

Ohmagari is shocked that Kin thought of all of that in that one split second... but he tells him he was right.
Tanegashima observes that Ohmagari took a huge gamble with Kintarou, but it’s paying off as he’s rapidly improving. At the same time, Ohmagari thinks about how Kintarou was attacked by middle schoolers, that know his weaknesses better, and thanks to all these guys what he was lacking in doubles is now sealed. The counterattack is on!

Ohmagari and Kintarou keep scoring, levelling the game count at 5-5... however, on the very next point we see, Tanegashima brings out Mu. Kintarou is aghast as they haven’t returned it yet, but Ohmagari rushes towards it saying that if they don’t return it, they don’t deserve a spot in the finals anyway.

He then uses a new move, “Three inches gargoyle” (I’m trying to make up a name here. It’s basically a roof tile with a demon face that supposedly keeps ghosts and bad weather and bad shit away).

By doing that stupid shit with his rackets, Ohmagari generates vibrations in the air that allow him to accurately see the position of the ball... and manages to return Mu!

Byoudouin points out that, since Tanegashima sent Ohmagari to the mountains 2 years ago, the latter worked hard to figure out a counter against Mu.

Tanegashima then hits a “Void before birth”. Ohmagari attacks it head-on, jumping and putting both of his rackets over his head.
”Double dragon sky drop”!

With this smash, Ohmagari counters Tanegashima’s second Void, but then the latter disappears with his Ultimate Void. In this state, Tanegashima hits back and...

“Doubles is interesting!” Kintarou scores!

Game, set and match: Ohmagari-Kintarou, 7-6!

(Note: read about Ohmagari's moves here)

Shiraishi asks Kintarou how did he know where the disappeared Tanegashima was.

“What, did he disappear?”

After the match, Byoudouin approaches Tanegashima:

“The man that never loses... finally lost”

Tanegashima then praises his opponents and said that they really can get a win in the finals against Spain. He says this match was a win-win situation for him anyway. He explains that he and Ohmagari split to avoid having too many high schoolers in the lineup. And the way it played, either of them would make it to the finals.

As Tanegashima walks away, Duke and Byoudouin then point out that either Shiraishi, the boy he raised, would play in the finals or (if he lost) he’d get to see his partner in the finals.

It’s then revealed that Ohmagari was hearing everything all along.

“You got a great partner, eh, Ohmagari?”.

U-17 World Cup Final D2
Ohmagari / Kintarou

Oh the other court, Irie wins by an unknown score against... Date?

They trade badges. As Irie looks at his recently gained number 11, he tells himself: “Only one more to reach the Genius 10. Let’s see if we can make it in time...”

He thinks about his match against Atobe for the S3 spot.

He was already tearing up right before it was over because he understood the situation he was in...

Before it's over, Saito stops the match. 4 other Highschoolers were selected, and as such, they need a middle schooler in S3.

Irie remarks that he’s surprised Atobe stalled for so long, even if They are 5-0, and congratulates him. Atobe, however, says the match isn’t over.

Irie replies that he has no choice, rules are rules. Atobe is still pissed, saying Irie is trying to humiliate him. The high schooler tells him it’s not the case and he mustn’t miss his chance.

The coaches discuss the lineup and how Atobe making it to S3 was almost a sure deal from the get-go. While they go back and forth to see if they should re-adjust the lineups (pretty sure Tsuge wants to accommodate Irie in somehow), Mifune concludes that Irie was a psychological wizard with a tennis sense that rivalled the G10, but because he worked with Oni to improve the younger players at the camp, he missed out on his own chance. Under the mask of acting, he was a fool not facing up to his talent.

Somewhere else, Irie confronts the truth and stops acting, and lets the tears in his eyes tell the story of his heart.

Atobe is about to board his plane to leave Australia but is stopped by Kabaji.

Kabaji has the longest quote of his life here:

I’ve been watching you my whole life. Ever since I was a kid, you’ve always worked harder, gotten hurt more than anyone else, evolving more every time...
Atobe... I won't let you through even if it kills me!

Atobe sighs and concedes. As he’s about to reply, Romeo walks in.

“Japan is doing well... but I wanted to play Against the German representative, Kunimitsu, the most powerful Middle schooler in Japan”

[TRIGGERED ATOBE]
KUNIMITSU? I BEAT HIM.

(crooked Spanish) “What’s your name?” asks Romeo.

“Come to the final and play in S3 if you want to find out” replies Atobe, also in crooked Spanish.

Atobe concludes that he has pending businesses in Australia and walks away along with Kabaji

U-17 World Cup Final S3
Atobe Keigo

The rest of the Hyotei members are revealed to have watched everything. Hiyoshi wonders what would have happened if Kabaji had not been there, Shishido tells him they’d have used force to restrain Atobe anyway. Gakuto says it’s not easy to be an egomaniac. Taki is happy that Atobe got his glare back. Ootori says “that’s muh captain”. Jirou is exCited. Yuushi mumbles.

Atobe: “For the sake of tennis, I’ll accept any humiliation, I’m ready for it!”.

(man I think Irie is crying in a corner in the fetal position on that final page, come on Konomi that’s so sad lmfao)

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Please register to see the content of this post.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand