Discussion - No Chance In Hell The Mainland Wouldn't Know | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion No Chance In Hell The Mainland Wouldn't Know

Ghostfreak

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know the writer tried to tie a nice little bow on the entire series of Claymore but it's extremely unrealistic. So what? Rubel goes back and says everyone on the experimental island is dead? Really? Just like that? Here are the problems:

a) Assuming the mainland is an ocean away Rubel likely has a whole set of staff from the Organization waiting for him who also know about the island's happening who weren't sworn to secrecy.

b) Let's say for one second Rubel is going to row all by himself on a boat back to the Mainland. So then what? Isn't he going to be interrogated? Even if he lies and says everyone is dead, people will still ask what HAPPENED that they died all at once at the exact same time. They ask, and ask, and ask and there will be holes in his story.

c) I'm sure the Mainland received reports through the years of what the experimental island was up to so for everyone to suddenly die might seem odd and they will return to investigate.

d) Let's also say Rubel goes back and lies and everyone believes every single word he says. This doesn't stop the organization of needing an experimental island, they still have a war to fight. There's no reason for them NOT to return there and continue what they were doing

e) Miria letting Rubel go was a giant mistake, had she eliminated everyone on the island the mainland probably WOULDN'T have returned assuming everyone was abruptly dead.

I expect Claymore 2 in the comings month because the happenings on the mainland were the most intriguing part of this entire story.

DforD

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Please register to see the content of this post.

Brother Coa

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Please register to see the content of this post.