Shounen - Noragami | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Noragami

misc-13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Title: Noragami
Genres: Action, Adventure, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural
Author: Adachi Toka
Artist: Adachi Toka
Publication: Monthly Shounen Jump
Start Date: December 2010
End Date: N/A
Number of chapters at review: 13 (english), 38 (raw)
Number of chapters read by reviewer: read 13, viewed all 38 raws
Anime Adaption: yes (2 episodes, updates Sunday)

Other works by Adachi Toka:
Alive: Saishuu Shinkateki Shounen
Noragami Shuuishuu(Spin-off)

Art
The art is clean, proportionate, and detailed. It won't take long to get use to and love. This manga includes blood in it's later chapters, but not excessively so, in my standards at least. What is most noticeable is the action panels which are easy to see and are very eye-catching.

The expressions are wonderful as well, especially during comedic scenes.

Characters
Main:
Yato - A minor god whose goal is to make it big and build a shrine of his own, but what is his past with the stray and what god is he really?
Iki Hiyori - The main female lead of the series whose sprit slips out after 'saving' Yato and now seeks his help to fix the problem.
Yukine - Becomes Yato shinki (a spirit that takes the form of a weapon, animal, item etc.), he may not be very kind at first, but is genuinely loyal later on

Plot
Yato advertises his name and number all over Japan (usually in some form of vandalism), but it can only be seen by those that need his help. Although he is a minor war god his jobs are more like solving minor problems, but he also fights Ayakashi with his stink, Toumo who has recently quit. Now he is in search of another shinki. He gets a job from a kid who wants him to find his lost cat and he reluctantly accepts (after being paid of course!). Not too long after he sees the cat across a busy street.
When Iki sees Yato run across the street to chase the cat down she jumps in to 'save' him not knowing until a little later she got hit by the bus instead which causes her soul to slip out. Now she feels drowsy and when her body falls asleep she is left as a spirit who has a tail that acts as a link to her body, if it gets cut her body dies.

I recommend this series to anyone who is looking for a shounen manga with a slightly darker plot with included humour

Some spoilers from early and later chapters

misc-13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I need to resize the big picture but it will only stretch into a square...

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I need to resize the big picture but it will only stretch into a square...
Don't use hotlinks, save the image to your PC first, then upload it to the image hosting websites such as imgur, tinypic, or imageshack.

sara736

Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
I'm already in love with this anime and the fact that PA Works (which also made Nagi no Asakura) is taking care of this project it's fantastic, because I simply love their sceneries.