Discussion - OFFICIAL PS4 VS XBOX ONE thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion OFFICIAL PS4 VS XBOX ONE thread

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
has anyone been paying attention to E3 or any of the news going around about the new console generation?

Microsoft will reverse course on their DRM policies for Xbox One, dropping their 24-hour Internet check-in requirement and all restrictions on used games. :ROFL2

Microsoft president of interactive entertainment Don Mattrick announced:

So,today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:
An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310

in case you are curious about this article

this diagram is a brief summary of what they both announced a few weeks ago

abc1233

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Despite the backtracking, PS4 still owns the Xbox in terms of price and hardware, as well as not needing the PS eye. I also prefer the sony exclusives to the MS ones. Still, it's a much closer race now than a few hours ago.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
i agree, the PS4 looks to be legit, and it is catering to the gamers first

it is a GAMING CONSOLE with other features

the new xbox seems to be a SOCIAL MEDIA console, that just so happens to play games

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My own impression was that both consoles have a rather strong focus on social media overall (something which I personally do not place any value over). Overall with the removed restrictions I don't really get the impression the consoles are that different to be honest. I guess the xbox1 is a little more expensive but it does some with the eye so its not like you are not getting anything out of it.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
i agree with that, i dont care about the social media

i do believe sony has a FULL web browser that is compatible with flash videos and everything

where as microsofts web browser will be very limited, (surprise surprise)

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Nobody gives a fuck about social media, web browsers .... A bluray, a console, wifi and that's it. I don't know why they keep trying to put more in those things. For other kind of operations, I have other kind of materials.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
There will definitely always be better alternatives for the things they try to add... Then again they don't really have much of a choice. The PS3 and Xbox360 were as far as I could tell virtually identical.... I mean, I honestly wouldn't be able to look at the specs and say "oh, this is significantly better than the competition". Its the same thing now, the PS4 and Xbox1 are going to be extremely similar in terms of specs. It ultimately comes down to which exclusive titles you want to play regardless of whether they are from sony, microsoft or nintendo.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nobody gives a fuck about social media, web browsers .... A bluray, a console, wifi and that's it. I don't know why they keep trying to put more in those things. For other kind of operations, I have other kind of materials.
Probably trying to make it all-in-one or cater to different demographics. I'm sure there are few who would love social media and web browsers on their console without having to pick up their phone or go on their computer, especially when they're playing. Personally though, that's all pointless to me. A console should play games and let me watch videos, whether via disc or stream.
There will definitely always be better alternatives for the things they try to add... Then again they don't really have much of a choice. The PS3 and Xbox360 were as far as I could tell virtually identical.... I mean, I honestly wouldn't be able to look at the specs and say "oh, this is significantly better than the competition". Its the same thing now, the PS4 and Xbox1 are going to be extremely similar in terms of specs. It ultimately comes down to which exclusive titles you want to play regardless of whether they are from sony, microsoft or nintendo.
Wasn't 360 unable to play Blu-Ray, but doesn't it have better internet/wifi?

I'm more likely to get PS4 because it seems cheaper overall and presents better options to me than One.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
well when i'll get one of those console, i'll be able to participate in this discussion :p

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I had the luck to test a ps4.
Graphically, it's not that impressive. A 200 dollars/euros graphic card will currently do the same job or even better on PC. It's a little dissapointing.
The gamepad is better than the previous one. It feel better in your hands. Joysticks & buttons at the back are easier to access.
The red light coming from the gamepad when you're hurt is a nice addition.
The middle zone is as useless as the sixasis. One or two games will use it but it was not necessary to add this feature.
More useless is the share button that I will never use.

Killzone is the only decent game for the moment & I don't get why so many people got the console from the start when there is basically nothing to do with it.
I will wait for mgs in march to buy one but my first feeling: disappointed

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
With the Kinect less Xbox One ($399) incoming, it seems that PS4 and Xbox One are becoming more similar than ever.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just bought XBOX one last month and I am loving it. I got the 1 TB bundle which comes with all Halo games, Assassin's Creed Unity and any other game of choice. I picked Batman Arkham Knight, the main reason I bought a console in the first place.

Brief Thoughts about XBOX
I like the boot-time and the fact that the game resumes even after a shutdown. I was playing Arkham Knight and did a quick power off from the controller button. When I restarted the console, the game resumed from where I shut down the console, which I thought was very impressive. This feature extends to using apps as well, much like minimizing windows. If you open a different game, the previous game closes but it doesn't for apps. Trying to think of how it was engineered, I did a force shutdown pulling the power plug out and the game still resumed. Not much is spoken about this feature which I think is extremely impressive.

Graphics as expected are excellent, however the best way to judge would be to play a game exclusive to the nex-gen only, like Arkham Knight. This way, the gfx textured are optimal along with the engine. I tried WWE2k15 and its gfx don't really look impressive. But arkham knight is excellent. I didn't realize that I was in the game at one point, just thought it was a cutscene. Also, the entire game loads up once and you wouldn't have to reload even moving to different sections of the map or a new cutscene triggering.
The recently added feature allowing usage of any headphones is also great. Compared to 360, you could use only a few types of headphones and they would only work for multiplayer. in xbox one, you can even hear the audio as it plays out of the console. So game audios, Netflix, youtube etc would work here as well. Save me from buying bulky wireless headphones.