Discussion - Official Zeref Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Official Zeref Thread

chess4

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i watched episode 53 last night and i have a theory. in the episode when wendy introduced her self, natsu seemed as if he had heard that name before. also remember suring the laxus arc, when natsu tried to get outside the barrier that didnt let people above the age of 80 get passed it, he couldnt. also zefef knows who he is.

i think zeref was once a dragon slayer, the dark dragon slayer as a matter of fact. natsu, gazille, wendy, zeref, and a few others were all a team. somehow zeref becamae possessed by something or someone, and was force to do all those terrible things that went down in history. i think natsu with the help of the other slayers couldnt kill zeref so they decided to seal his power, but in doing so it revearted them to younger versions of themselves, and they were put into slumber for years, until it was time for them to awaken again.

before the big battle agaisnt zeref, they told the dragons about there plan and the dragons agreed to raise there younger selves when the time came, to prevent zeref from being possessed again. zeref regained more memory than the others but in due time.
i say all that to say that, i think some of grimiore heart will survive because i think they will have a bigger role to play down the road, especially urtear and zeref. i also think that a few members will join fairy tail like caprico(who i belive is the capricorn celestial spirit) and meldy or zancrow(i also think that one of them is a true dragon slayer).

but like i said when they gain members they lose a one as well. i think markorov will bit the bullet and gildartz will lead the guild. i think that charle's flashback is of markorov dying.

also this is off the subject, but i wonder if the concil bestoys the title of wizard saint 2 dark guilds? we have seen 4 of the 10 so far.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: What's the deal behing Zeref?

Hey, I moved your post into a new thread because I considered in making a thread about dragon slayers and zeref too. Somehow I was reluctant doing it.

Anyway, I like your way of thinking and it is definitely possible. I don't believe that the boy himself has bad intentions but that a very dark magic (zeref?) is locked within him. It would perfectly make sense that the dragon slayers know each other but because of the happenings with zeref, they lost their memories.

So yeah, I also believe that they boy is a dragon slayer and that he has the bad luck of dark magic inside of him

chess4

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hey, I moved your post into a new thread because I considered in making a thread about dragon slayers and zeref too. Somehow I was reluctant doing it.

Anyway, I like your way of thinking and it is definitely possible. I don't believe that the boy himself has bad intentions but that a very dark magic (zeref?) is locked within him. It would perfectly make sense that the dragon slayers know each other but because of the happenings with zeref, they lost their memories.

So yeah, I also believe that they boy is a dragon slayer and that he has the bad luck of dark magic inside of him
yea....i think thats why the dark dragon is going crazy and attacking people.

so far we have 3 true dragon slayers and 4 dragons, which means there is obviously goin to be a dark dragon slayer. the only other dragon we know of possibly is the dragon king. maybe there is a true lighting and poison dragon slayer.

ca12nag3

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Well perhaps it takes more looking into what a dragonslayer realy is. I mean are they realy over 80 years old? Why does Zeref know Natsu?

And also where do dragonslayers get their power from? If its forced upon them or put inside them in a way then it explains a lot about the powers they have. If its just like a Lachryma but then something from the dragon.

Then Zeref (or the boy that has the power of Zeref) cant help his outbursts of dark magic. Just like natsu feeds on fire and gajeel feeds on iron, he too has to feed on something to gain the dark magic.

Ill make another post about the dark magic and then ofc the light magic (if there ever would be a ligt magic/ or holy dragon.

Since a dragonslayer feeds on the element it represents to have magical output it gets more complicated with non elemental dragons.

Firedragon feeds on fire
Wind/air dragon feeds on wind/air
metal dragon feeds on iron

But what does a dark dragonslayer feed on? :P it doesnt feed on life since life is the oposite power, so it wouldnt consume the life force in the sense we see it in the manga, lets say he is feeding of the death that his bursts create? >like cooking food?

Then a life dragon, well i think a life dragonslayer would then feed on life, as in sharing the power of all living things (instead of terminating life) Much like the spirit bomb in Dragonball? < well look it up if you dont know what it is ^^

Last edited:

Keriku

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: What's the deal behind Zeref?

I actually kind of like this prediction or whatever you want to call it.

Zeref is that weird guy who turns Natsu's thing black. A boy. What if he is not a re-incarnation but the... uh... can't think of a word for it--the one who inherits the powers of the dragon. Remember how all the dragons still exist but have left from dealing with humans? It's possible Zeref was a dragon that had somehow morphed into a dark wizard and they felt that as dragons they too must suffer for the crimes of Zeref, so they went back. The dragonslayers were there to inherit the strengths of the Dragons and be able to slay the dark dragon when his reincarnation came about. It makes sense, in a way--why use dragonslayer magic to take down the dragons that raised you? That sounds odd. There must be some "bad" dragon, i.e. Zeref.

Somehow, by inheriting the will of the Dragon, they too have the "age" of the dragon. While they aren't truly that age, it has to do with the special attachment to the dragons that dragonslayers have. That much is obvious...

If there is a dark dragon, I'm guessing dark magic is the magic of death. It would create death, and feed on death. Remember, whatever Zeref goes around dies. He cannot control his power very well. This gives Grimoire Heart the idea that they can use the power and control it to do what they want, probably as a threat--I mean, "Death Magic", with something like that, what can't one get others to do (that is humanly or magically possible) through fear?

The whole "memories" thing would attribute to both the rune that forced Natsu and Gazeel in due to "age" as well as them feeling a slight sense of resemblance around each other (like "I've heard that name" or just that odd sense that two dragonslayers get when they meet, that Laxus and Natsu DIDN'T have...). Zeref probably has some idea that he is going to cause problems with his magic in the future. Perhaps these rebirths or whatever were born good and can only turn bad, but don't start bad. So yeah, that would explain why Zeref seeks out Natsu--he has some thought in his head (who knows how it got there), that Natsu is the one who can stop him. I can sort of imagine Igneel and Zeref being the main two dragons in the scene, if Zeref really were a dragon. I can also see Zeref transforming into a human form to become the famous dark wizard he was known to be.

And lastly, just wanted to say, somehow, somewhere, history and the council are going to be involved for this. Usually when there is a significant date like 7/7/777, there is reason to believe that some sort of historic event happened that day, and info about it was shut down, and that would be done by some government agency. ._.

Oh wait, I lied. Need to get this out: Mrs. Heartfilia died the same year. So Lucy is involved somehow with the dragonslayer thing. Maybe something to do with her keys "unlocking" some seal...

[/end]

RezzieThaRapper

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Okay, I liked the theories so far... Maybe Zeref is the Dragonslayer of Darkness with the ability to eat "Life?"

Why do I say he can eat "Life" --- Well maybe his power is just that, maybe every time he breathes everything around him loses hold of them selves... If he is forced to fight, then this effect is accelerated... Maybe only the other Dragon Slayers are immune to his direct ability...

Just my 2 cents

wooticus

Reaction score
Country
Germany

there is also lucys mother who died the same day the dragons disappeared. she has to do something with it.. but we can only guess what.. personally i have no idea

White Silver King

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

^I think she gave her life to seal Zeref (unless he was sealed before that). It's always the dead "but she was my mommy!" characters that are the most powerful. Maybe she has cooperation from the Dragons, maybe not.

Zinc

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

what if a earth dragon slayer appeared ? he would have unlimited food as he just eat some rocks or leaves lol and i think it would give natsu a hard time as earth can put out fire

Jujubk97

Reaction score
Country
United States

About the age thing, i think it probably has something to do with the age of the magic. Dragonslayers' magic has to be really old magic, right? It's forgotten magic used only by those who have learned it directly from dragons, who don't deal with humans anymore. I think that this is probably part of something, at least. Just wanted to put it out there.

White Silver King

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

what if a earth dragon slayer appeared ? he would have unlimited food as he just eat some rocks or leaves lol and i think it would give natsu a hard time as earth can put out fire
Earth is a pretty broad element, for the sake of having a reasonable amount of unbeatableness (and they'll have to be much weaker than Natsu for whatever reason Mashima has) I'd think Mashima would make a Stone DS and an Earth/Nature DS. Possibly twins, that'd be cool.

karamm

Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Why was Zeref sleeping on Fairy Island?
Zeref seemed to know Natsu well.."you've really grown" and "he still cant break me"..could it mean that Zeref and Natsu fought in a way?
As much as I'd hate for Zeref to be a dragon slayer, it kind of does make sense.

Off topic..I think the founder of Fairy Tail is closely related to Natsu, his grandfather maybe. Seeing how Hades has lived for about 110 years, I dont see why the founder couldnt have lived for more.
Natsu's father is the master of one of the guilds in the Ballam alliance...

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Re: Fairy Tail 220 Discussion/ 221 Predictions

If Zeref is actually good, then I actually like where this manga is going. It's going to impress reader much more than Zeref final boss bad guy that got knock down by Natsu road.

elitefox

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

If Zeref is actually good, then I actually like where this manga is going. It's going to impress reader much more than Zeref final boss bad guy that got knock down by Natsu road.
but I wonder, if zeref is the bad guy then...

magic council and other dark guilds might be the final boss, FT + zeref vs the world of magic as it is know by now;)

danaholland

Reaction score
Country
United States

I was thinking that what if 400 years ago was a time of great warfare and zeref made the flute and demon to protect his homeland.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Deliora and the flute did not seem to be the protecting type though. The flute was quite specific about killing people for no reason and deliora was a monstrously powerful creature which limited its actions to random destruction. They could have had such a purpose back then but it would be rather strange. The flute specially would be a rather inconvenient defensive weapon considering it would kill anyone who hears its song.

swordsaintscoot

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

perhaps during the time that zeref was being hunted, his only means of defense was having a magic that could hurt all but the wielder? I.e zeref.

Yashie

Reaction score
Country
India

perhaps during the time that zeref was being hunted, his only means of defense was having a magic that could hurt all but the wielder? I.e zeref.
Doesn't make sense ... I mean, if all you have is circumstancial existence against the guy, You're not going to label him as the Greatest dark wizard of all time. I think it's safe to assume Zeref did some seriously twisted stuff in his time ... not that Mashima tells us that.

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't really noticed pointed teeth on Zeref and pointed teeth seem to be a symbol of DragonSlayers (except Wendy but she's little and she's a girl)
Zeref, however, have those concentric-circly eyes thing .. Just like Zancrow does. Maybe concentric circly eyes is some sort of mark of a GodSlayer?

Perhaps Zeref is the Darkness/Death GodSlayer?

luffyg2

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I<m sure when they wake him up he<s going to be as evil as can be... and then we will see why they called him the legendary dark mage

Rarhyx

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

i think they will capture zeref and in the next arc ft wants to rescue him..."to seal" his random "death waves"