Shounen - Okaeri Alice | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Okaeri Alice

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Author: Shuuzou Oshimi
Genre: Psychological, Shonen
Magazine : Bessatsu Shonen Magazine
Synopsis :
The magazine describes the new manga as "a fresh, new puberty story that pokes fun at sex." The manga centers on three shy middle school students: Yōhei, Kei, and Yui. All three have been together since kindergarten, and are childhood friends. As Yōhei starts to become conscious that Yui is a girl, he witnesses a scene that he can't quite believe. (Ann)

Chapter 1 official digital Japanese release available : Here

Last edited:

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So while only three chapters are out so far, and I'm not living for this story - I do think it has got the potential to be an interesting tale about sexuality. What does it mean to be different?
In true Oshimi fashion, the story doesn't seem to shy away from displaying intimate things in a not so romantic fashion.
Let's see where this story will take us.

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
When I saw this thread I thought the 4th chapter had arrived. Bit of a let-down~

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
i caught this recently, i dont dislike it but im not a big fan of it, im pretty mixed, at least for now. And none of the chraracter managed to make an impression on me. Im really unimpressed about them. i hope the author will deal properly about this topic, and avoid common clichés, i do trust oshimi tho, so will keep reading likely.

oshimi draws some amazing arts, here some samples from his twitter :