Olympus is the home of the gods who dwelt in fabulous palaces of marble and gold | Page 58 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Olympus is the home of the gods who dwelt in fabulous palaces of marble and gold

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
oh just noticed I asked the same question as @MarmaladeSky :XD

now I so want pasta :blai

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I was like, who's thread is this I subscribed to, what is this, I haven't had proper pasta for over a year. But it's mine, how shameful. :oh

Touch question, as pasta has hugh variety of shapes and dishes. I love tomato sauce based pasta dishes, such as bolognes, as lasagne or spaghetti, but also nduja or clams and seafood.

For white pasta sauces, among favourites as well carbonara, but more to it in juvii's reply, or fresh ingredients aglio e olio, or a nice pesto. For my pesto I like experimenting a lot, so don't have my go-to recipe yet. Mainly experimenting also because pine nuts are so expensive here :toc

I'm very conflicted in ordering it, and cannot do a proper one myself either, but when it's good, it's gooo0OOoood!
But yeah, really hesitant getting it having had everything that could have gone wrong with it already - terrible guanciale that just tastes like salt, an omlette, or german's favourite variation: a cream nightmare :iik
Have you ordered it? Cooking it isn't hard, maybe you just need to practice a bit more.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Have you ordered it? Cooking it isn't hard, maybe you just need to practice a bit more.
Haven't cookied it yet, having respect of the part with egg yolk. What's your trick?

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The recipes i'm used to use the whole eggs (not just the yolk) beaten and added with the cheese, after the other ingredients, cooked in very low heat (or just the residual heat). But personally, I prefer it with cream and no eggs.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
The recipes i'm used to use the whole eggs (not just the yolk) beaten and added with the cheese, after the other ingredients, cooked in very low heat (or just the residual heat). But personally, I prefer it with cream and no eggs.
Oh you would be so lynched, if Italians would ever discover this thread. Both of us. :lmao Recipes are not up to debate.

You are Portugese? Never been to Portugal actually. Do you use lot of pasta in traditional food recipes, or is it more with rice, i.e. Spanish paella?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

all :arf
I havent tried ones with clams as topping. curious
Oh it's super nice, either tomoto sauce base, basically your regular sauce recipe, maybe with anchivy though, and later adding clams, or white wine based. Very different, but both so good. :drool

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Oh you would be so lynched, if Italians would ever discover this thread. Both of us. :lmao Recipes are not up to debate.

You are Portugese? Never been to Portugal actually. Do you use lot of pasta in traditional food recipes, or is it more with rice, i.e. Spanish paella?
Yes. We use both and also potatoes. There are even recipes that you can do both with rice or pasta. Like these:

Last edited:

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Yes. We use both and also potatoes. There are even recipes that you can do both with rice and pasta. Like these:

Oh I see I see. Yes, I was in Brazil once and saw the relics of your commons to have both rice and pasta in one meal, but like Americanized versions with cream and cheesy sauces on the as well. And it's pretty buffeling that they themselves seem oblivious about it, not even recognizing that this mix of foods seem redundant to European perception. Like, what, no, we not having such dishes, it's just a normal in creamy sauce cooked pototo dish on rice. :jk

I'm having this awareness because foods over here are using either or principle to have the pasta, or rice, or potatoe be the medium to soak up all the sauces and flavours and deliver it to the mouth. That said I do like my winter chicken soup with noodles AND potatoes. :D

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Oh I see I see. Yes, I was in Brazil once and saw the relics of your commons to have both rice and pasta in one meal, but like Americanized versions with cream and cheesy sauces on the as well. And it's pretty buffeling that they themselves seem oblivious about it, not even recognizing that this mix of foods seem redundant to European perception. Like, what, no, we not having such dishes, it's just a normal in creamy sauce cooked pototo dish on rice. :jk

I'm having this awareness because foods over here are using either or principle to have the pasta, or rice, or potatoe be the medium to soak up all the sauces and flavours and deliver it to the mouth. That said I do like my winter chicken soup with noodles AND potatoes. :D
Not at the same time, I meant with either rice or pasta. Though we actually can eat rice and potatoes together (usually fries) but not pasta and rice. 🤣

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Animal Crossing!

help spread the news across MH's AC fans and artists :blai

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

:teehee

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Mistress 9 ka......

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
what is your favorite arc?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
what is your favorite arc?
Are you kidding me, the Death Busters/Mugen Academy unchallenged. :wtf

• best music in original anime for sure
  • the grime atmosphere of original anime demons stealing hearts
  • Haruka+Michriu :yuri
  • Hotaru's awakening into Mistress 9, into Saturn :kissbunny
  • whole cast of Witches 5 :vbunny

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
oh, speaking of arc, I think I will put Pharaoh 90 arc in my top10arcs list. the new anime made it epic. the mysteries, the three talismans, the resurgence of Sailor Saturn, the theme songs. wow :swoon

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
To be honest with you, I have fade memories of crystal. I should rewatch it. I watched the original anime like at least 50 times - also in regards with AMV making for my youtube channel under the name Deathbust3r :lmao

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
50 times :eek: :lmao

oh will check out your channel soon haha