Webtoon - Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint by Sing-Shong | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Webtoon Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint by Sing-Shong

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Plot: Back then, Dokja had no idea. He had no idea his favorite web novel 'Three Ways to Survive the Apocalypse' was going to come to life, and that he would become the only person to know how the world was going to end. He also had no idea he would end up becoming the protagonist of this novel-turned-reality. Now, Dokja will go on a journey to change the course of the story and save humankind once and for all.

My synopsis: As you can note the plot given is too scanty to get an idea what this is about. Basically the Main character was an avid reader of a web novel for more than 3000 chapters. As he finished the last chapter on the day it came out the whole world was hit with the calamities that the novel basically described. The MC (of the series) basically know this crazy world of demons which is not unlike a game where you get to raise levels and stats and is now trying to get by. Whats unique in this issue is the main character of the novel itself isnt absent/ the mc of the webtoon isnt transfigured into the mc rather you have both in it.
Personal verdict: Its quite like solo leveling the artwork is quite good not on SL level but i would think so far it has me more hooked than SL did.
Check the hyperlink for the chaps: HERE

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Picked this up just recently. And I'm hooked as well.

Similar in style to Solo Leveling but with a lot more going on with the supporting cast. Just more my cup of tea in general actually.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Something I've especially enjoyed is what it's done with the concept of this guy who knows everything that's going to happen since he's read it beforehand.

In a lesser series this would just become an excuse for a power fantasy but there are more emotional layers than I was expecting to it. Like how he's the only one that read this story because, essentially, it helped him get through a really difficult time in his life. It was his escape so when everybody but him dropped it at some point he kept reading all the way to the end. So his attachment is more emotional than just foreknowledge. Which leads to this emerging idea of not just surviving the story but trying to give it a happy ending in spite of everything.

All of that really appeals to me. So does how fleshed out the supporting cast is. It's been a very satisfying read.

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently it has a LN, I believe. Which is kind of meta.

Not sure where all this is going with the disaster events and Dokkaibi infighting. Seems like it's all coming to a conclusion soon though.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Web novel, I believe. I may read it at some point. I like the characters enough that I'm a little curious if there is even more to dig into there.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Demonspeed do you read this? I ask because I feel like this might really be to your taste. It's one that I think is really a lot better than the name or cover art (which looks similar to a lot of others) would suggest. The combat and character art is nearly as a good as solo leveling but with story and character depth that is, I think, really very good. If not great.

This is a webtoon that I don't mention nearly enough as being as good as it is. And I feel like I need to do that more.

Especially coming out of the Disaster of Floods arc. Which emotionally made me feel things. And as you know, for me, that's no small statement. :amuse

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
@Demonspeed do you read this? I ask because I feel like this might really be to your taste. It's one that I think is really a lot better than the name or cover art (which looks similar to a lot of others) would suggest. The combat and character art is nearly as a good as solo leveling but with story and character depth that is, I think, really very good. If not great.

This is a webtoon that I don't mention nearly enough as being as good as it is. And I feel like I need to do that more.

Especially coming out of the Disaster of Floods arc. Which emotionally made me feel things. And as you know, for me, that's no small statement. :amuse
No I don't. I don't read Solo Leveling either and am not planning to.

I'll add this one to my list. I learned recently that Hardcore Leveling Warrior ended so I'll try to complete it first.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
No I don't. I don't read Solo Leveling either and am not planning to.

I'll add this one to my list. I learned recently that Hardcore Leveling Warrior ended so I'll try to complete it first.
I never finished Solo Leveling because the MC wasn't really my cup of tea. That's very much an OP protagonist series. But the art was terrific.

This is much more a character drama. It's still a battle manga but it's more like ToG in the that things tend to have a psychological game setting. So it pays a lot of attention to developing it's supporting cast. I've grown to really love a lot of these characters. MC too. Because while he's strong he's not really the OP protagonist. In an interesting move, that guy (who does exist) is just one of the supporting characters in this.

Anyway, I think you'd like it. It's available on WEBTOON as well so very easily accessible.

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
ORV - now with more Eduan.