Games - [ON-HOLD] Top Ten Game - Round #6.4: Top 10 Favorite Live-Action Television Characters | Page 45 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games [ON-HOLD] Top Ten Game - Round #6.4: Top 10 Favorite Live-Action Television Characters

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Thanks again Xad for hosting. I've tried to take my time and watch the scenes you've chosen for each character and it's been great as always. :nod

And the results were quite positively surprising, both in the Top 10 and elsewise. Lots of great characters represented which I didn't expect, and lots of ones I expected to end up low got much higher than anticipated (Denholm, yasss).

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
That's why I included it as the scene for the character..
My apologies, I missed that on the first look

Good rating btw, keep up the good work :super I had 3 of my characters in the top 10 (If I counted correctly), so my opinions arent as unpopular as I believed :lmao

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I like to keep the book characters for the book list but I admit that Peter added a lot of charm to the character (that alrdy had plenty), he's brilliant, so it's good to see Tyrion here in the TV show rank.
Yeah, book Tyrion is a different beast altogether and I like him more because of all the exile and hatred he has experienced, and the strength it has given him, feels more real when he's literally deformed. Peter Dinklage is too handsome to truly get that feeling through the screen. But, like you said, he adds many other great elements to the character. And really, his acting in certain parts of the show is just... goosebumps all over my body. Enough to warrant a spot here imo. :nod

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
I do like GoT and Tyrion too.

But Game of Thrones could never equal Breaking Bad (or Better Call Saul) in any way, shape or form.
The same can be said for Tyrion.

The show and it's characters had major potential and it's one of the biggest and best novel-series for a reason, but the way they translated it to series is just not up to that same level of quality. Don't get fooled by all the pretty decors, tits and dragons.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
A character from The Office in the top 10?!?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But Game of Thrones could never equal Breaking Bad (or Better Call Saul) in any way, shape or form.

The show and it's characters had major potential and it's one of the biggest and best novel-series for a reason, but the way they translated it to series is just not up to that same level of quality. Don't get fooled by all the pretty decors, tits and dragons.
The reason why I put The Hound, and not Tyrion, is purely due to me putting Tyrion (and other GoT characters of note) in the book character list...

The hound gets a pass due to the acting alone (rather than him being, necessarily, a far better character in the TV series)

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what about British The Office? Since I know you’re a man of British comedy.
Barely better

I've been told that to truly enjoy the office, one must have worked in an office environment - that series (either version) convinces me that I'd rather live on the dole
:invalid

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
I've never worked in an office and still think Office US is one of the best shows there has ever been.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I don't know who you are any more...
:gwah

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Maybe you never knew me at all.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The reason why I put The Hound, and not Tyrion, is purely due to me putting Tyrion (and other GoT characters of note) in the book character list...

The hound gets a pass due to the acting alone (rather than him being, necessarily, a far better character in the TV series)
The Hound is the only character who's deserving to be on this list for the reasons you stated. Tyrion too, if you don't read the books perhaps. But pretty much anyone else that could make this list from being on the series is much better represented on the book list. I could maybe argue Ned as well, but he wasn't around long so he probably doesn't stick with people in the same way.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I like Oleanna in the show as well D: (well, at least until before season 5)
I like Diana Rigg, but Olenna's interactions with people above her station (Tywin) always rubbed me the wrong way. It has nothing to do with her performance though, which is great. And I can't say the same about a lot of other beloved characters from the show :grumble

Edit: In other words, she'd be a good bet to make a Top 10 List for GoT show characters, same with Stannis. But best TV Show characters period? Well, none of them made my list. Part of that is the ensemble nature of the show, the rest is for previously stated reasons.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

We had a Smallville chara in the top 5 tied with Omar, and you single out Tyrion :heh

I agree, GoT isn't as good as Breaking Bad, there's a clear gap between them imho. The first 2 seasons of GoT are comparable - I'd argue better than BB's first 2. Just feel there's always more backlash to GoT. I do understand the frustration of it being over-hyped/overrated and not as good as the books, even if I don't personally experience it (I don't read the novels).

Not trying to defend it, I didn't consider a character from the show either.

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
We had a Smallville chara in the top 5 tied with Omar, and you single out Tyrion :heh

I agree, GoT isn't as good as Breaking Bad, there's a clear gap between them imho. The first 2 seasons of GoT are comparable - I'd argue better than BB's first 2. Just feel there's always more backlash to GoT. I do understand the frustration of it being over-hyped/overrated and not as good as the books, even if I don't personally experience it (I don't read the novels).

Not trying to defend it, I didn't consider a character from the show either.
I challenge you to find something wrong with Smallville! :yelling

No.. wait.. Never mind. :bored