Anime - One Pace | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime One Pace

TemplateR

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello,

has anyone watched the Fanproject of One Piece? It´s called "One Pace".

Here is a better explanation:
One Pace is the paced version of One Piece, packed together to match the manga more accurately. It involves cutting the episodes, merging them together, to create the best experience for the viewers, who hate Toei’s awful pacing.
At the moment, they are working on the Whitebeard War Saga, which contains the Arcs from Thriller Bark Arc to Post-War Arc (although they have started with the Post-Enies Lobby Arc). And they are now in the middle(??) of TB Arc now.

They are also working on the New World Episodes, which started from Return to Sabaody Arc and currently working on Punk Hazard Arc. Since, they are now up-to date and still waiting for new OP Episodes to merging them, they are working on the older Saga´s/Arc´s.

Here is the Homepage of the Project: http://theonepace.wordpress.com/
Episodes of Whitebeard War: http://theonepace.wordpress.com/whitebeard-war-downloads/
Episodes of New World: http://theonepace.wordpress.com/downloads-2/

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting, I always considered one of OP's weaknesses to be the pacing.

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey love the project :)

I hope they got more attention and love from One Piece fans. :)

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Sigh, the problem of posting in this sub anime forum, is that no one really bother reading this thread. :(

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

can a mod sticky this thread please :)

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
>___________________<

So many episodes for me to catch up especially I don't watch One Piece anime outside of the condensed episodes. Last year or so, I only watch the WhiteBeard War arc because of Dahaka from Arlong Park. Man, I am catching up on the Fishmen Island arc right now. I actually enjoy it so much more than I thought I do.

I really hope the group has more support to finished the whole Whitebeard saga and start on CP9 saga. It is awesome that the group started on Thriller Bark.

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
>___________________<

So many episodes for me to catch up especially I don't watch One Piece anime outside of the condensed episodes. Last year or so, I only watch the WhiteBeard War arc because of Dahaka from Arlong Park. Man, I am catching up on the Fishmen Island arc right now. I actually enjoy it so much more than I thought I do.

I really hope the group has more support to finished the whole Whitebeard saga and start on CP9 saga. It is awesome that the group started on Thriller Bark.
I have stopped to watch the Orginal Series of "One Piece" with the Episode 405. But I wanted to watch it before the War it started.
Anyway, after I read, that the previous Arcs has fillers and stupid pacing, I completly dropped "One Piece" Anime.

Now, I´m only watch the paced-Version of "One Piece" and I loved it. No more Fillers and no more streching the story.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have stopped to watch the Orginal Series of "One Piece" with the Episode 405. But I wanted to watch it before the War it started.
Anyway, after I read, that the previous Arcs has fillers and stupid pacing, I completly dropped "One Piece" Anime.

Now, I´m only watch the paced-Version of "One Piece" and I loved it. No more Fillers and no more streching the story.
Hmm, there is some problem with the One Pace version when the fighting started. Although, there were a lot of fillers, but it does show people get from point A to point B. Because of the condensing, the transition isn't as smooth. But I totally referred this than the unedited.

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmm, there is some problem with the One Pace version when the fighting started. Although, there were a lot of fillers, but it does show people get from point A to point B. Because of the condensing, the transition isn't as smooth. But I totally referred this than the unedited.
Yes, there are some editing-failures and some issues with transition. Nobody is perfect, but I also prefer this then the Orginial-version

Whitebeard War Saga Episode 14 is out

Last edited:

Sewil

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hey, I'm the editor of one pace, first off I just wanna say cool thread. Really awesome and appreciated that you create a thread like this and spreading the word about our project.

Secondly, I would really appreciate it if you could point out these editing/transition-failures, as both me and Galaxy must have failed to notice them. I'm actively trying to improve in editing, and feedback is always appreciated. If you would compare the early episodes to the recent episodes there's a clear difference in both length and quality all thanks to me learning more and more the more I edit. I've also gotten help with music from a guy named Halee who provides the songs for me which also makes editing faster.

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
@Sewil: Could you post an overview, which episodes covered manga-chapters and orginal-episodes? I mean a chart on you website.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you would compare the early episodes to the recent episodes there's a clear difference in both length and quality all thanks to me learning more and more the more I edit. I've also gotten help with music from a guy named Halee who provides the songs for me which also makes editing faster.
I am stalling on watching because of school. But I don't think you can avoid some of those mistakes depend on the nature of the episode. For an example if the show lengthen a chase scene, if you cut part of that, the transition will not be smooth as in how did this guy teleport overhere. But if you leave that in, it will drag.

But ya, your edit work flawlessly on talking scenes.

Sewil

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
@Sewil: Could you post an overview, which episodes covered manga-chapters and orginal-episodes? I mean a chart on you website.
We used to have an overview chart made in excel but decided it was redundant and took time, we stopped updating it at NW 36, download here if you wanna check it out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1p59ta7kwa5it8/One Pace Layout.xlsx
I am stalling on watching because of school. But I don't think you can avoid some of those mistakes depend on the nature of the episode. For an example if the show lengthen a chase scene, if you cut part of that, the transition will not be smooth as in how did this guy teleport overhere. But if you leave that in, it will drag.

But ya, your edit work flawlessly on talking scenes.
That's what I'm trying to work more on, less "how-did-that-guy-get-there" and more "wait, was that a cut?". I've figured it's not only soundtracks that matter in a transition, it's also context, so sometimes it's better to let things run for context's sake than cut it for pacing's sake.

For example, it can be as much as a head leaning to the right in one take and leaning to the left in another, if you notice it, it will be ruined for you, so it's worth the extra 2 seconds to make him lean that head towards the other side for the sake of a smooth transition. Some extra seconds for a better experience.

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Sewil

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I know, but it´s also better to put an updated Chart on your website for people, who doesn´t watch in forums like here^^
Yeah I thought of that at first, but never found a proper solution. In that case I'd have to do it in HTML tables, but since not PHP nor JavaScript work for wordpress I'd have to do it all manually which would be a pain, but I'll look into it some more, maybe I'll find a solution.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Watching the Whitebeard war saga right now :) Sigh kinda sad because I will probably gonna catch up soon T____T

Hope you guys will have enough motivation and support to finish you project and start the CP9 saga sometimes in the far future.

Sewil

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Watching the Whitebeard war saga right now :) Sigh kinda sad because I will probably gonna catch up soon T____T

Hope you guys will have enough motivation and support to finish you project and start the CP9 saga sometimes in the far future.
So you've watched Fishman Island already? To be honest I'm quite bored with the Thriller Bark arc, it's one of my least favourite arcs and it's probably the reason why it's being released so slowly. After we've caught up to BS-Fuji we'll start on the New World revisions so CP9 is gonna be a while. (However, I expect the revisions to be quite fast on episode 3 and forwards as they are already pre-edited.)

Btw, New World Episode 41 is edited and under editing-check stage right now. So expect that in a few days.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is BS-Fuji?? what are revisions?? Are you redoing the whole Punk Hazard??

I gonna wait until Punk Hazard is over to bing watch them.

So how would you compare Skypiea to Thriller Bark?

Sewil

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
What is BS-Fuji?? what are revisions?? Are you redoing the whole Punk Hazard??

I gonna wait until Punk Hazard is over to bing watch them.

So how would you compare Skypiea to Thriller Bark?
BS-Fuji is a channel that are airing One Piece and they are at thriller bark's episode 358 at the moment, we are using their episodes because it's the best quality available. Once we catch up we'll have to wait for BS-Fuji to air new episodes.

We are re-doing new world releases 1~30-ish because the quality is kinda bad and the lengths too.

I like Skypiea more because the villains are more interesting, and it has an interesting population with a cool background story, compared to Thriller Bark who has a perverted lion and a garlic with an annoying personality. I never found the villains of Thriller Bark that interesting nor the population or the environment. Skypiea is a place filled with adventure and there's so many things happening there. Not only that, but Enel's awesome electricity logia ability.

I'd say Enies Lobby is definitely my favourite arc, second Alabasta, third Marineford, fourth Arlong Park, and fifth Skypiea. My least favourite arcs would be Long Ring Long Land, Fishman Island, Thriller Bark, and Syrup Village.

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Its sounds, that you guys will doing the Sagas "Skypiea" and "CP9" as next?

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its sounds, that you guys will doing the Sagas "Skypiea" and "CP9" as next?
If you read the faq, only CP9

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I'd say Enies Lobby is definitely my favourite arc, second Alabasta, third Marineford, fourth Arlong Park, and fifth Skypiea. My least favourite arcs would be Long Ring Long Land, Fishman Island, Thriller Bark, and Syrup Village.
I first read Arlong arc more than 10 years ago, 8.5 thousand miles from where I am now. It was indeed exciting then, but I am not much of a fan boy for that arc.

I would say Water 7/Enies Lobby, Jaya/Skypiea, Alabasta, Sabaody Archipelago/Marineford.

The current arc is pretty good (Dressosa). Punk Hazard has couple of cool fights but I don't like the setting and the mystery surrounding that arc.
As for Fishman Island, I actually kinda like it. Don't care too much for the flashback and or the lack of super cool villains. But I like the journey there, and the falling Noah is kinda cool.