On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Very off-topic but why do I feel like she's slowly falling for Sanji.... yelling his name and all in the last chapter.
I don't think she even knows the other straw hats' names
It is an interesting dynamic that's developed. I don't think she has a crush on him, but he has become her "preferred" Strawhat.

She thought he was cool because of the whole fighting chef thing to begin with, but he's also been the main one working to protect not only her, but Kuma and Vegapunk as well, so that probably greatly endears him to her.

OmegaChan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably because it's some nuanced wording in Japanese that doesn't translate well
I read some of the replies.

and

Looks like "sink" was the most likely verb to fill in the blanks. I blame the translator as in Gintama nuanced jokes were explained.

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It is an interesting dynamic that's developed. I don't think she has a crush on him, but he has become her "preferred" Strawhat.

She thought he was cool because of the whole fighting chef thing to begin with, but he's also been the main one working to protect not only her, but Kuma and Vegapunk as well, so that probably greatly endears him to her.
I'm hoping she'll see Sanji as a big brother-like figure soon. Sanji might (hopefully) also eventually get to feel like he's paying forward what his sister did for him. Nami has a little sister-like attachment to Robin, so she could get to be the big sis instead with that dynamic.

I talked about that earlier in this thread actually. The explanation for the translation of "sinking world" is in the video I linked in that post (and it's not the first time they posted it-- they tend to repeat stuff in their videos sometimes.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont know why everyone came to the conclusion that Vegapunk is revealing that WG is plotting to sink the world.
I think he means that world by itself is sinking and WG knows about it. Thats why they are preparing for that without giving anyone else a chance to survive.
They don't just know about the unrelated sinking of the world, they know how to actively exacerbate the problem. It'd be like if in the 90's the world decided "fuck it, we're building a massive CFC emitting superweapon" instead of doing what it did to repair the ozone layer.

Vanshrimp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
i don't think it makes any difference, if some people saw it first, as long as tabou topics like (void century, AK...) aren't mentioned by mistake...

CharlosTenryuubito

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so was it the land getting lower or the water getting higher?

Damn, its like poke ruby/sapphire kinda thing, hopefully Rayquaza will put this to end 🫣

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn, its like poke ruby/sapphire kinda thing, hopefully Rayquaza will put this to end 🫣
Break week rant: Team Magma's plan never made any fucking sense to me. Overpopulation was never a problem in the ridiculously sparsely populated Hoenn. At least Team Aqua's plan made *some* sense.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
so was it the land getting lower or the water getting higher?

Luffy is the Rayquaza of this story who will bring about peace lol

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Wait, has there been any indication of the sinking islands before? The only one I can remember is Water 7, but no other island. Closest would be that ring island where Luffy and others found weird animals and the dude on stilts, but I think the water level gets low enough to expose land bridges to other islands in the ring before rising back to normal?

Seems like Water 7 is the epicenter of it all?

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wait, has there been any indication of the sinking islands before? The only one I can remember is Water 7, but no other island. Closest would be that ring island where Luffy and others found weird animals and the dude on stilts, but I think the water level gets low enough to expose land bridges to other islands in the ring before rising back to normal?

Seems like Water 7 is the epicenter of it all?
It depends which of the going theories you prefer for how you want to interpret this, but maybe there could be a combination effect for Long Ring Long Land between the recurrent Knock Up Stream near Jaya to the West, and the mysterious Enies Lobby sinkhole on the other side of Water 7 to the East. Additionally, maybe all the satellites around the blue planet of the OP world are contributing to this (like an exaggerated version of how our Moon creates tides IRL).

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It depends which of the going theories you prefer for how you want to interpret this, but maybe there could be a combination effect for Long Ring Long Land between the recurrent Knock Up Stream near Jaya to the West, and the mysterious Enies Lobby sinkhole on the other side of Water 7 to the East. Additionally, maybe all the satellites around the blue planet of the OP world are contributing to this (like an exaggerated version of how our Moon creates tides IRL).
oh that's even better, likely is a combination effect. I wonder if the Knock Up Stream changed over the decades or centuries since whats-his-name. I thought the sinkhole was made by the Marines to further defend the island, so they could push off enemies or use the threat of the sinkhole to scare enemies from crossing.

You mentioning satellites around the world made me think of Fullmetal Alchemist and how the Homunculus planned genocides at certain points to make a huge transmutation circle.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
oh that's even better, likely is a combination effect. I wonder if the Knock Up Stream changed over the decades or centuries since whats-his-name. I thought the sinkhole was made by the Marines to further defend the island, so they could push off enemies or use the threat of the sinkhole to scare enemies from crossing.

You mentioning satellites around the world made me think of Fullmetal Alchemist and how the Homunculus planned genocides at certain points to make a huge transmutation circle.
Montblanc Noland? Maybe. For a big section of Jaya to shoot up with the Knock Up Stream-- at least as we saw it-- has always been kind of odd to me, though I admit for all we know there could have been a particularly intense burst or set of them at some past point in time.

I don't know if it was set up that way intentionally, but someone had a neat theory I like that the reason for the Enies Lobby sinkhole is the same as for Lulusia, but the reason it turned out different was because the sky weapon's lasers were held off by an awakened light logia user. That could explain why it's permanently daytime there, and it fits with places like Punk Hazard where we know the climate was permanently changed by awakened logia users, and probably Raijin Island (where there's a good chance a past user of Enel's fruit caused the constant lightning strikes).

I doubt there'd be alchemy in the OP world, but it does have magic circles in it I guess. (Funny, I keep thinking I might rewatch FMA Brotherhood lately.)

aster4jaden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't use Twitter directly myself either, but is it this? If it was a theory, I'd be interested in the arguments/logic supporting it, but it seems there are none here. Usually "leaks" in general are headcanons people make up, especially if they're so far ahead of when a reveal would happen as that. This person's page that I've linked also has a bunch of blatantly false statements in it, like that Bonney is 14 years old.
I think it was that one but it was posted by someone else with more Info.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think it was that one but it was posted by someone else with more Info.
tldr:
I see. Probably best to stick with people who readily admit they're just guessing or building a theory, though. Real spoilers don't come out more than a week or so in advance and even those can have inaccuracies or imprecise wording that throws people off. It's bad enough how much we already miss by not reading the chapters in their original language and not having cultural context.

more context:
The recent "sinking world" thing is just one example. There are also more subtle ones such as a hint about the rest of the Gorousei coming from back when it was still just Saturn on Egghead, and subtleties in the sound effects that explain things like why we keep kept seeing the iron giant not moving (each time it appears, the sounds are specific enough to indicate if it's just barely turned on, if motors are running, etc.). I just recently found out that in chapter 1060 / episode 1089, I completely missed that Sabo straight up sent some kind of coded message to Dragon during the phone call before the Lulusia incident. To this day we don't know if it was something that was revealed later or if he had secret info just for Dragon (who was the only one that reacted to the code). It was already subtle in the Japanese chapter, but it's almost completely missable in any English translations where the sound effect got both erased and reinterpreted.