On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
As whacky as One Piece is, I don't think there's many things that surpass having a crib in a whale. I don't think anything surpasses that. One Piece has gone on for over 20 years and that to me is still one of the wildest things, lol.
And somehow there's light in there, I need to know the inner workings of that

aster4jaden

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting. I've thought for a long time the planet is hollow and that either All Blue is underneath... or a whole other inner planetary "atmosphere" and surface was my other guess. But I've thought for a while that Dragon would be the rain god. Where's this theory found?
On Twitter, unfortunately I don't have a Twitter Account so I can't search for it directly but I found it by using google and putting One Piece Ending Leaks (I think, it's been quite awhile since I read them).

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
On Twitter, unfortunately I don't have a Twitter Account so I can't search for it directly but I found it by using google and putting One Piece Ending Leaks (I think, it's been quite awhile since I read them).
I don't use Twitter directly myself either, but is it this? If it was a theory, I'd be interested in the arguments/logic supporting it, but it seems there are none here. Usually "leaks" in general are headcanons people make up, especially if they're so far ahead of when a reveal would happen as that. This person's page that I've linked also has a bunch of blatantly false statements in it, like that Bonney is 14 years old.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
As whacky as One Piece is, I don't think there's many things that surpass having a crib in a whale. I don't think anything surpasses that. One Piece has gone on for over 20 years and that to me is still one of the wildest things, lol.
Man, Crocus is a real one. Any time he makes a cameo in the current manga I go back and give Reverse Mountain a reread.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Theoretically, couldn't Sabaody survive the great flooding? There could be enough Sap there to coat the entire island no?
I've been seeing a lot of lists popping up of all the places in the OP world that seem to either be naturally or artificially designed specifically with rising sea levels in mind. Alubarna, Drum Island, Dressrosa, Water 7, hell even things like Thriller Bark could potentially survive. My guess is that rising sea levels were happening for other reasons (natural or anthropogenic, probably the latter given how Oda is). Then use of that space laser caused that unrelated process of sea level rising to WAY accelerate.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
I've been seeing a lot of lists popping up of all the places in the OP world that seem to either be naturally or artificially designed specifically with rising sea levels in mind. Alubarna, Drum Island, Dressrosa, Water 7, hell even things like Thriller Bark could potentially survive. My guess is that rising sea levels were happening for other reasons (natural or anthropogenic, probably the latter given how Oda is). Then use of that space laser caused that unrelated process of sea level rising to WAY accelerate.
If y'all check out chapter 1055, the page where Sukiyaki is talking about Old wano, I want you to peep the rising sea levels.

It seems like even if Old wano wasn't enclosed, it would have still flooded.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Given the expectations a lot of us had about the announcement, a flood warning is a bit simple in comparison. Also, not going to lie, I would not be happy if One Piece turned out to be just a bare naked planet with no water.
It's a simple thing, yes, but it implies A LOT.
Every Strawhat dream can be achieved by fixing whatever JoyBoy did that started the flooding.

I kinda miss those times, in which Oda inserted more of that. I guess it cannot be avoided, because we're in the finish line. But damn that was so entertaining.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I couldn't disagree more. If it weren't for these panels, it'd be a completely empty succession of non-stop fights solely focused on "key characters". I don't think I'd actually want to re-read the manga if I couldn't see the world evolving with - and reacting to - big story beats. It's what makes the OP world feel connected and alive.
We didn't have a fight-focused chapter, Oda could have had Vegapunk make that conclusion and then give us those filler panels of people's reactions.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, how do the Straw Hats stop the world from sinking?

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Destroying the Red Line would lower sea levels drastically.

The destruction of the Red Line had bee. Hint at multiple times
How would dropping a mega-continent into the ocean lower water levels? An insane amount of water would be displaced, sea levels should rise if the Red Line is destroyed. Then again, the space laser making a forever-hole in the ocean which mysteriously raises sea levels doesn't make much sense yet either, so idk

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, how do the Straw Hats stop the world from sinking?
I would apply physics here, but it may be different in One Piece: Either you add something to the bottom that can float (so you can increase its upthrust) or remove its weight.
It could be that the red line is in place to act like a bandage to this "pangea" continent which makes it sink.

This also reminds me of Enies Lobby, which has a huge hole. It may be the cause of why the world sinks. But take it with a grain of salt, to be honest we can find multiple clues for whatever theory you may harbor.

How would dropping a mega-continent into the ocean lower water levels? An insane amount of water would be displaced, sea levels should rise if the Red Line is destroyed. Then again, the space laser making a forever-hole in the ocean which mysteriously raises sea levels doesn't make much sense yet either, so idk
In this case, I think the goal is to decrease the density which would allow for the water to recess.
Still, I feel it was put in place by Joy Boy. One of the possible solutions would be to return all those merged islands back where they belong or even in the sky.

Trip_LLL

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If we're speaking of how a hole made sea levels rise, maybe the Mother Flame converts matter into water?
Or maybe a bit of the surrounding sea was hit by the weapon, and then that water, all the way to the sea floor, was displaced, which raised the sea levels? Maybe.

One thought I'm having is--is the sea levels rising just "Mother Nature's Fury?" In the same way that the ocean hates Devil Fruit users, maybe the world itself wants to drown the devil fruit users for being hideous abominations that strayed from glorious nature. Kind of out there, but the "Mother Nature hates Devil Fruits" narrative is still valid.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Given how Oda just has Nami, Usopp, Chopper, and Brook defend Robin, this only tells me that Oda is for sure going to have all of them step up as fighters.

No more of waiting around for Jinbe, Zoro, Luffy, and Sanji to bail them out. They’re all tied up with their own crap and can’t be everywhere at once, so I’m definitely hoping for good things for all of them by the time they’re on Elbaf.

Trip_LLL

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Given how Oda just has Nami, Usopp, Chopper, and Brook defend Robin, this only tells me that Oda is for sure going to have all of them step up as fighters.

No more of waiting around for Jinbe, Zoro, Luffy, and Sanji to bail them out. They’re all tied up with their own crap and can’t be everywhere at once, so I’m definitely hoping for good things for all of them by the time they’re on Elbaf.
Only thing I'd say is that Brook in particular doesn't need more accolades. Soul powers against Big Mom is still a big highlight. He didn't get a dedicated enemy to fight in Wano, but his crowd control was on point.
If we're in a world where there is limited screen time, its Usopp that really needs to hog it. After Usopp, it's Nami. Chopper can get by just because he got alot when he was countering Queen's virus, and he got the slap on him. Of course, if everyone's going to get something, that would be awesome.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
One thought I'm having is--is the sea levels rising just "Mother Nature's Fury?" In the same way that the ocean hates Devil Fruit users, maybe the world itself wants to drown the devil fruit users for being hideous abominations that strayed from glorious nature. Kind of out there, but the "Mother Nature hates Devil Fruits" narrative is still valid.
I fully expect the reality of what devil fruits are and why the sea "hates" them to be turned upside down by the end. There's something about the common mythology of devil fruits that I feel has been laid on too thick by the narrative, in a way that's supposed to make the reader suspicious of the common sense about them.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
He didn't get a dedicated enemy to fight in Wano
Not helped by there being support groups like the Scabbards Oda had to contend with. Same goes for the Grand Fleet in Dressrosa.

Man, can't wait until we have all 11 of our Straw Hats and that they each get their own time to shine similar to when they fought at Fish-Man Island. It's gonna be so great!

Hikari96

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If we're speaking of how a hole made sea levels rise, maybe the Mother Flame converts matter into water?
Or maybe a bit of the surrounding sea was hit by the weapon, and then that water, all the way to the sea floor, was displaced, which raised the sea levels? Maybe.

Based on Imu‘s full name (NEROna Imu), it would make sense for him/her (the person Vegapunk has not enough info about?) to be the cause of the destruction. The name is based on the roman emperor Nero afterall who burnt down Rome. Maybe, Imu has a ocean god DF. This would give meaning to the second name as Imu inversed is Umi which means ocean. Next to the sea level, the effect on other DF users might be due to his powers as well thus the reference to mother oceans will. Other DFs like Blackbeard‘s and potentially Luffy‘s DF can also nullify DF powers as seen with Ace and Saturns exploding attack in a previous chapter.

This would also fit my previous theory of AK being Atlantis. The cause of it sinking into the ocean would be Imu during the previous battle.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Based on Imu‘s full name (NEROna Imu), it would make sense for him/her (the person Vegapunk has not enough info about?) to be the cause of the destruction. The name is based on the roman emperor Nero afterall who burnt down Rome. Maybe, Imu has a ocean god DF. This would give meaning to the second name as Imu inversed is Umi which means ocean. Next to the sea level, the effect on other DF users might be due to his powers as well thus the reference to mother oceans will. Other DFs like Blackbeard‘s and potentially Luffy‘s DF can also nullify DF powers as seen with Ace and Saturns exploding attack in a previous chapter.

This would also fit my previous theory of AK being Atlantis. The cause of it sinking into the ocean would be Imu during the previous battle.
Would the Nero from CP9 be relevant here too

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
So the world is sinking, what are the former members of the Roger Pirates up to? Rayleigh is in the business of coating ships so they can sail underwater, and Crocus lives inside of a whale

Also the crew barely had any Devil Fruit user...