On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

OmegaChan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
VegaPunk said he committed two sins, so he's Bonney's father which explains why Saturn didn't mind experimenting on her mom.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty sure this isn't what Saturn said.
Bonney tried to transform into a Nika-like Future, but she failed.

Saturn said the more she learns the truth, the more limited her ability becomes.
What Saturn said here was actually a lie because he realised Bonney didn't know Nika was real.
Gorosei don't want people to know of Nika's existence, so he will always lie about Nika to anyone who can't confirm he is real.

He tried to fake the truth of Nika not being real, and as long as she lost faith in Nika, she'd never be able to use her Nika powers.
She'd lived her life seeking Nika and didn't find him for so many years and at the moment of death, she began to doubt his existence, so her invoking of a Nika-like future didn't work.

Saturn tried to trick her into believing Nika didn't exist, but now that Luffy has explained it to her, she knows Nika exists and can use his powers.
The power is still pretty broken because it allows her to transform into any future that exists, and as long as she believes it's possible, then the more her powers are broken.

In this case, knowledge is power. The more she believes in alternative futures, the more diverse her transformations become. She's only limited by a lack of belief or faith.
Pretty much, her DF is like a DF-imitating-DF in that way. I don't think it's a coincidence Saturn was doing experiments with this fruit specifically and the reader is told in the same arc by Vegapunk that part of the mystery of DFs is that they are all "possible evolutionary futures" (paraphrasing).

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm curious to know what you consider filler and what you consider substance. This chapter was a full meal imo

Yes, she's done something similar with her "Nika-like future". Her DF is busted af, but it relies on her perception of the world- the same Nika-like form became weak when her faith in Nika wavered.

Vegapunk basically just confirmed "The end times are upon us", how is that just a "weird revelation"? And he said "let me start with the conclusion"- he's very obviously not done talking yet so I don't know why people are getting so disappointed with this.
Why did we need pages of other countries?

Oh. I don't remember that

End of the world thing sounds so boring

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why did we need pages of other countries?

Oh. I don't remember that

End of the world thing sounds so boring
Lol you sound pretty checked out of the story in general. I mean this sincerely and mean no ill-intention, maybe take a break from One Piece for a while? It sounds like you're just not enjoying it at all

AmyRose

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I'm curious if Vegapunk pulled the biggest brain move and built the transponder into Punk Records or the location for the Motherflame. Even if they found it, the Gorosei would have choose to either silence Vegapunk and lose all of the resources they want from him, or let it play on and let the truth propagate throughout the world. That would be a crazy gamble for Vegapunk and mean he would be risking all of his accumulated knowledge. Which, I think, is why York wouldn't figure it out. She's the more selfish aspect of him and would never think to make a sacrifice that big for the greater good.
Oh yeah, that would be really nasty move. I wish it's true because Gorosei couldn't affort to lose Motherflame nor Punk Records and so they wouldn't be able to do anything about Vegapunks message. It would be even better if Vegapunk set explosives where Motherflame is so Gorosei can't obtain it.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Lol you sound pretty checked out of the story in general. I mean this sincerely and mean no ill-intention, maybe take a break from One Piece for a while? It sounds like you're just not enjoying it at all
Information overload I guess? I enjoy it, but this chapter just had too many unnecessary panels

_goshi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Information overload I guess? I enjoy it, but this chapter just had too many unnecessary panels
I couldn't disagree more. If it weren't for these panels, it'd be a completely empty succession of non-stop fights solely focused on "key characters". I don't think I'd actually want to re-read the manga if I couldn't see the world evolving with - and reacting to - big story beats. It's what makes the OP world feel connected and alive.

ShinobiWrath

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A random thought occurred to me. Is perhaps the reason York didn’t know about the broadcast or the whereabouts of the source because she wasn’t around when it was recorded, as in, she was yet to be created? We know that the satellites are roughly around 2 years old give or take and it isn’t stated that they were all made at the same time, in fact, that they are numbered suggests they were made individually and York was last being VP #6. We also don’t know when this message was recorded. I suspect that it may have been recorded shortly before VP made Atlas and York, and for whatever reason, Lilith was not present. That said, it wouldn’t explain why she didn’t know about it since they synced up on a regular basis and upon her conception, VP would have no reason to distrust her with that information since at the time she’d have done nothing wrong. I don’t know, just a shower thought.

Idkwhatanameis

Reaction score
Country
United States
maybe bonney is the key to reversing all those that died from the mother flame

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
A random thought occurred to me. Is perhaps the reason York didn’t know about the broadcast or the whereabouts of the source because she wasn’t around when it was recorded, as in, she was yet to be created? We know that the satellites are roughly around 2 years old give or take and it isn’t stated that they were all made at the same time, in fact, that they are numbered suggests they were made individually and York was last being VP #6. We also don’t know when this message was recorded. I suspect that it may have been recorded shortly before VP made Atlas and York, and for whatever reason, Lilith was not present. That said, it wouldn’t explain why she didn’t know about it since they synced up on a regular basis and upon her conception, VP would have no reason to distrust her with that information since at the time she’d have done nothing wrong. I don’t know, just a shower thought.
I don't know how old each of them are, but as there are no clear indications of time frame, the recording could have been done any time, right up to the previous day (when everyone currently there arrived). It wouldn't have been hard for Stella, Shaka, and Pythagoras to keep it secret if they wanted. York definitely kept the fact she was sinking ships and capturing CP 5/7/8 agents secret. If York suddenly stopped syncing experiences with all of them (outside of the "KDN" thing) starting from when the others were about to learn about the Void Century (as it's been implied), then she also wouldn't know what they did since then. So my guess is that it was after York cut herself off. Hopefully we'll see a definite, concrete answer to this question eventually, though.

Reactions: kcd

aster4jaden

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wait this confirms imu has the rain god mythical zoan, he flooded the earth with his rain god powers. He needed joyboy out of the way because he’s the sun god and could stop the rain.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also the void Century was 100 years of rain. @Monkey.D.Bowes
Wasn't there a Leaker a few months ago (or last year) that mentioned a ton of stuff including a rain Devil Fruit and that the Sea Floor was actually the real Earth? It looks like some of it was true.

Oda is also such a tease, we waited this long only to get Golden Week.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I couldn't disagree more. If it weren't for these panels, it'd be a completely empty succession of non-stop fights solely focused on "key characters". I don't think I'd actually want to re-read the manga if I couldn't see the world evolving with - and reacting to - big story beats. It's what makes the OP world feel connected and alive.
One of the main things I love about One Piece it's more than just the fights, Events are affecting everyone and it's shown.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Both Rayleigh and Crocus have been ready for this flood, Ray learnt how to coat ships and Crocus got himself a crib inside a whale 🤣
This has been a long time coming for them. As soon as they saw Luffy and that hat, they must've been counting down the days before everything hit the fan.

CharlosTenryuubito

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you guys think that Vegapunks message going to split people based on their sense of justife despite their current organization?

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wasn't there a Leaker a few months ago (or last year) that mentioned a ton of stuff including a rain Devil Fruit and that the Sea Floor was actually the real Earth? It looks like some of it was true.

Oda is also such a tease, we waited this long only to get Golden Week.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

One of the main things I love about One Piece it's more than just the fights, Events are affecting everyone and it's shown.
Interesting. I've thought for a long time the planet is hollow and that either All Blue is underneath... or a whole other inner planetary "atmosphere" and surface was my other guess. But I've thought for a while that Dragon would be the rain god. Where's this theory found?

Do you guys think that Vegapunks message going to split people based on their sense of justife despite their current organization?
Absolutely, but it depends what he says in the rest of the message.

For now, I might be the only one, but I did find it significant the first (and only) reaction we have so far to the shocking announcement "the world is sinking into the ocean" was from a rank-and-file navy guy. Speaking for myself at least, I'm watching for any and all signs of a schism within the marines for the final saga, and lower and mid-rank marines are prime candidates for splintering away from the WG's side. Based on Dawn & Dusk's interesting theories on Youtube, I suspect any one of them that doesn't have "dog of the military" characterization (like Akainu and many of this arc's Vice Admirals) is a candidate, especially if they're associated with other animals like birds (which much of SWORD is) or cats (like Fujitora, Who's Who, or Jaguar D. Saul).

Even if VP doesn't say anything to put down the WG at all, if the WG acts mysteriously uncaring about this and everyone knows that they're doing nothing because they're safe on top of the Red Line... just their indifference alone could still help the Revolutionaries' popularity along quite a bit.

Nevyn

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting that what did Roger do after Laugh Tale?

Encourage everyone to take to the sea.

Almost like he thought they might need boats.

Sinking is probably an inevitability, not a CD plan.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
This has been a long time coming for them. As soon as they saw Luffy and that hat, they must've been counting down the days before everything hit the fan.
Indeed, I wonder where Gabban is with all this chaos taking place.
I'm really hoping we get to finally see what Ohara was going to reveal all those years ago.

Theoretically, couldn't Sabaody survive the great flooding? There could be enough Sap there to coat the entire island no?

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Both Rayleigh and Crocus have been ready for this flood, Ray learnt how to coat ships and Crocus got himself a crib inside a whale 🤣
As whacky as One Piece is, I don't think there's many things that surpass having a crib in a whale. I don't think anything surpasses that. One Piece has gone on for over 20 years and that to me is still one of the wildest things, lol.

I think it will split people up in the sense that the WG will blame the SHs.
So people will say he was coerced into saying it, and someone will be against the WG.
I think it will cause more tension between the WG and society, but I don't know if this is what would cause a major rift.

VP also said people may laugh because of how absurd what he's going to say will sound to people, so I believe only the "conspiracy theorist" and allies of the SHs will know this is true.