On Break - One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Doffy, as hinted in Dressrosa, most likely knows a bit more than about things than the average person. His immediate solution basically to invade Marie Joise for safety. I'm really curious as to how much he truly knows, because it feels like he put that together quickly.
100% does.
He became a warlord because of what he knew about the WG, and because they were unable to capture him. He used his status and ability to escape as leverage.

Seems there is a direct connection between the weapon used and the earthquake if he's deeming it unnatural.
He is referring to Lulusia, I just don't know how he was able to predict it since he didn't know York gave them a sample of it, nor did he know Lulusia was off the map. My only guess
Lulusia being wiped out cause a hole, that caused earthquakes and the quake raised sea level by 1m.
It's unnatural because the earthquake was initiated by human activity, not due to tectonic plate movement.
Unless they get hands on the Mother Flame, they won't be able to use this weapon

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Welp, readings in machines couldn't have possibly predicted the earthquake. Since there's no reason the attack on lulusia would be shown in vibrations from before the attack. Since it's in no way a natural phenomenon. I would still stress that "fate" of some type is at play here and vegapunk's knowledge of the void century is what brought this about. Add to that I would further stress that roger and co figured out they were 20 years too early. Oden knew that some 20 years later young folk would step up and take the fight to the worlds powers. Vegapunk knew the attack was going to happen even though this was seemingly a random act by Imu. Was vegapunk indispensable for the attack or would it have happened even if he didn't produce the motherflame? Did someone anticipate the motherflame returning to the world 800 years ago?

Voice of all things sounds possible though it'd be weird if the gorosei can talk with sea kings as well. I suppose it's possible they could but only poseidon has the capacity or authority to order them around. Considering there's a pretty big war coming and the gorosei/imu are likely leading it then perhaps luffy and momo being able to listen in will be crucial to the plot. The gorosei are likely over 800 years old.... And it's clear they are powerful warriors with the skill to match their age. My longstanding theory on them is that the gorosei are in fact powerful conqueror kings from centuries ago... Masters of warfare, both in the battlefield and outside of it. In a massive war like what is coming it'd be deeply problematic to have 5 warriors as powerful as them being able to simultaneously and perfectly coordinate multiple battlefronts through telepathy. Something disrupting this ability seems crucial for the strawhat/pirate side to have a chance.
VP literally says in the chapter he is guessing based on his "sensor" readings that massive global earthquakes may happen soon that will raise sea level by 1 meter. This has no bearing on your prediction though (there's no reason Vegapunk can't use scientific data to confirm fulfillment of prophecies), so I'm not sure why you've disputed this.

Again, VP doesn't have to know about the weapon, as of what we know right now-- what I was getting at is that for some reason he feels he has to take responsibility for a "sin" with the Mother Flame and "flying too close to the sun." I was referencing that "sin" in my last post. Either he's blaming himself based on its very creation in the first place or more likely (going by both his idealistic intentions and the implication he went too far from the Icarus analogy), he managed to guess the Mother Flame was used by others in some destructive way. He only has to know the result to take responsibility for it in that scenario, like he did for Caesar Clown's island-ruining explosion at Punk Hazard. He doesn't even have to know who used it or the precise details of how they used it.

While VP hasn't yet gotten to any prophecies from the past in his message, we could still be getting there (and we surely will get something about Joyboy/Nika specifically at the very least), but he hasn't touched on anything directly related to the coming war or borders of Wano yet. He absolutely IS connecting these events with his knowledge of the Blank Century somehow though, so that can very well lead into the ancient predictions as you've been saying.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
VP literally says in the chapter he is guessing based on his "sensor" readings that massive global earthquakes may happen soon that will raise sea level by 1 meter. This has no bearing on your prediction though (there's no reason Vegapunk can't use scientific data to confirm fulfillment of prophecies), so I'm not sure why you've disputed this.

Again, VP doesn't have to know about the weapon, as of what we know right now-- what I was getting at is that for some reason he feels he has to take responsibility for a "sin" with the Mother Flame and "flying too close to the sun." I was referencing that "sin" in my last post. Either he's blaming himself based on its very creation in the first place or more likely (going by both his idealistic intentions and the implication he went too far from the Icarus analogy), he managed to guess the Mother Flame was used by others in some destructive way. He only has to know the result to take responsibility for it in that scenario, like he did for Caesar Clown's island-ruining explosion at Punk Hazard. He doesn't even have to know who used it or the precise details of how they used it.

While VP hasn't yet gotten to any prophecies from the past in his message, we could still be getting there (and we surely will get something about Joyboy/Nika specifically at the very least), but he hasn't touched on anything directly related to the coming war or borders of Wano yet. He absolutely IS connecting these events with his knowledge of the Blank Century somehow though, so that can very well lead into the ancient predictions as you've been saying.
Hmmm, fair. There's no obvious reason why these vibrations would predict imu's attack though. Unless the vibrations vegapunk caught were from the weapon becoming active again?

chess4

Reaction score
Country
United States
The biggest revelation of this chapter is the Nika and Joyboy were 2 different people, so the devil fruit could predate the Void Century.

So the battle between Nika and an some kind of dark opposition has lasted for a longer time than we anticipated.

I have a feeling that Joyboy and his crew will mirror the Strawhats. The iron giant, the previous Poseidon Queen, Zunesha, Nefertiti Lily, and a host of others were his crew.

I'm not sure if the allied symbol(the big circle surrounded by smaller ones) that the Elbaf Giants, the Minks, the Kozuki Clan, the Shandians, The Fishman, and the buccaneers, were allies from Joyboy's time or Nika time.

Either way this arc is wrapping up. Just wonder if the Gorousei will try to kill the marines to silence them and Kizaru will become a pirate

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He is referring to Lulusia, I just don't know how he was able to predict it since he didn't know York gave them a sample of it, nor did he know Lulusia was off the map. My only guess
Lulusia being wiped out cause a hole, that caused earthquakes and the quake raised sea level by 1m.
It's unnatural because the earthquake was initiated by human activity, not due to tectonic plate movement.
Unless they get hands on the Mother Flame, they won't be able to use this weapon
I think there was a delay between the actual event and the quake so if he detected the use of the weapon he'd be able to figure it out. My assumption is that he knows whatever the weapon is to have an idea of its impact (might be a weapon that existed since AK times) and from there just needs a way to know if it is used. For knowing it was used, could be that he himself gave WG motherflame (might be hard for York to give it away without being caught) or alternatively he had something like seismograph that detected the Lulusia event itself which let him deduce the weapon got used.

A completely simple explanation is he hacked some comms and learned abourt Lulusia. The WG wasn't exactly too careful about that and a country can't just disappear without drawing attention (WG can lie about it to the world but someone like VP won't be fooled by that).

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
The biggest revelation of this chapter is the Nika and Joyboy were 2 different people, so the devil fruit could predate the Void Century.

So the battle between Nika and an some kind of dark opposition has lasted for a longer time than we anticipated.

I have a feeling that Joyboy and his crew will mirror the Strawhats. The iron giant, the previous Poseidon Queen, Zunesha, Nefertiti Lily, and a host of others were his crew.

I'm not sure if the allied symbol(the big circle surrounded by smaller ones) that the Elbaf Giants, the Minks, the Kozuki Clan, the Shandians, The Fishman, and the buccaneers, were allies from Joyboy's time or Nika time.

Either way this arc is wrapping up. Just wonder if the Gorousei will try to kill the marines to silence them and Kizaru will become a pirate
From Vegapunks theory of Devil Fruits. Nika is the Sun God and Joyboy wished to be like Nika so came about the birth of the Nika Fruit which Joyboy then consumed to be able to fight like Nika. That's is if Devil Gruits are the dreams of those of the past manifest

Oshawott

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oda really had Vegapunk repeat stuff that we already knew for most of the chapter, and only a couple of new facts were mentioned, none of which were particularly interesting or surprising. Some folks say that we should be patient, but we've waited like 20 years to get more information about the Void Century yet Oda just keeps stalling and teasing. He could've at least revealed what the ancient kingdom was actually called...

I did like seeing a ton of old characters though. At least Oda cares enough about legacy characters to give them some screentime even for just one panel.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I find it funny that JoyBoy is the first pirate because our real-world first documented pirate is Polycrates... And there is a complex associated with him being unhappy when achieving his maximum aspirations.

For me, JoyBoy and Imu were friends. JoyBoy was the first pirate because there was no sea to travel, so He sunk the world to have islands and an adventure. The promise He made was to take Imu on an adventure, which He failed...and that made Imu enveloped by his darkness. Probably Imu had a disease, related to the gems. And probably the Gorosei cannot die because they are Imu's nightmare.

I have no proof, but I have no doubts.

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Annoyed how? I'm annoyed with York's betrayal of the other Vegapunks, but it looks like you mean something else. Do you want her to be more of a crafty villain/nemesis for the Stella and other satellites? The way she's been betrayed behaving so desperately, it's almost like she's about to fail and maybe change sides at some point (or even get on board with the BB pirates or something as others suggested in the past).
Just the fact that she helped lead to this dire situation that inundates the world with seawater, and she is still trying to prevent us, the readers, from hearing the most awesome story in One Piece: a portion of the blank century. I am someone who gets affected by the suspense of the plot. That's why I expressed my feelings.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else feel a JoyBoy flashback coming after the break? That'd be super cool. Like VP retells what he knows but we see it in flashback form with some of his thoughts overlaying some scenes. Then a more in depth future flashback fills in the blanks and provide an even more detailed story possibly from Robin. But I wouldn't mind a 5 chap (or even more) flashback now from VP. Seems appropriate.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I find it funny that JoyBoy is the first pirate because our real-world first documented pirate is Polycrates... And there is a complex associated with him being unhappy when achieving his maximum aspirations.

For me, JoyBoy and Imu were friends. JoyBoy was the first pirate because there was no sea to travel, so He sunk the world to have islands and an adventure. The promise He made was to take Imu on an adventure, which He failed...and that made Imu enveloped by his darkness. Probably Imu had a disease, related to the gems. And probably the Gorosei cannot die because they are Imu's nightmare.

It's hard to define who was the first pirate, since all it takes is using a boat to steal goods from another boat. To claim someone was the first pirate, then indeed it can only be nobody could use a boat back then.

However, this doesn't necessarily mean there was no sea. Perhaps they were not allowed to leave their place, like in Wano. Perhaps they lived over the Red Line, which made it near impossible to reach the sea.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
No way, Kizaru's a company man through and through. He has been shown to weaponize being lazy to get around following orders as efficiently as he should, but he still follows orders basically no matter what.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

bro share some of that shrooms that led to this theory

Wait why does Impel Down or Doflamingo know what just happened? Why do they have access to the outside world?

Is this why Mariejoas is so high up? Or whatever is the holy land?

Ugh, even more filler panels and pages like the previous chapter. Without that, Oda could have combined 1113 and 1114 together, maybe with one or two or three panels of reactions here and there.

I'm surprised Gorosei want to keep this a secret, and that they're okay with wiping out the people.

So Mother Flame might be the energy source needed to power something up. I'm assuming it's what powered up the robot and/or what helped keep the world from sinking centuries ago? Or at least, something prior to Mother FLame that Vegapunk was trying to recreate.

Maybe there was no pirate prior to Joyboy because no one was adventurous enough, methinks.

chitgoks

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
From Vegapunks theory of Devil Fruits. Nika is the Sun God and Joyboy wished to be like Nika so came about the birth of the Nika Fruit which Joyboy then consumed to be able to fight like Nika. That's is if Devil Gruits are the dreams of those of the past manifest
THis is one i really dont understand. if dfs are indeed the manifestation of dreams by people, there should be a df that can counter sea water and be immune to it?

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I like the way Oda is turning people against the world government. He handled it so intelligently. Now that the world is being threatened with being sunk to the sea by the ancient weapons, the world and Straw Hats have a good reason to fight the World Government.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I haven't browsed back, just sharing this, if this wasnt posted yet :

Source pew

Mother Flame was seemingly in Enel cover stories

Maybe the Icarus wings are related to this.

This Icarus reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus
" Daedalus warned Icarus first of complacency and then of hubris, instructing him to fly neither too low nor too high, lest the sea's dampness clog his wings or the sun's heat melt them.[3] Icarus ignored Daedalus's instructions not to fly too close to the sun, causing the beeswax in his wings to melt. Icarus fell from the sky, plunged into the sea, and drowned. The myth gave rise to the idiom, "fly too close to the sun." In some versions of the tale, Daedalus and Icarus escape by ship. "

Last edited:

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I'm not exactly sure why'd do it, but is there a possibility that BB is the trigger instead? We saw how much damage WB was capable of doing and he was holding back for obvious reasons. Now, imagine that power in BB's uncaring hands and in an awakened form.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think there was a delay between the actual event and the quake so if he detected the use of the weapon he'd be able to figure it out. My assumption is that he knows whatever the weapon is to have an idea of its impact (might be a weapon that existed since AK times) and from there just needs a way to know if it is used. For knowing it was used, could be that he himself gave WG motherflame (might be hard for York to give it away without being caught) or alternatively he had something like seismograph that detected the Lulusia event itself which let him deduce the weapon got used.

A completely simple explanation is he hacked some comms and learned abourt Lulusia. The WG wasn't exactly too careful about that and a country can't just disappear without drawing attention (WG can lie about it to the world but someone like VP won't be fooled by that).
That makes a lot of sense, Earthquakes and Sea Level changes didn't occur until 6 days after Lulusia was destroyed. I'm guessing Vegapunk has some way of figuring out changes in the geography of the world if they're significant, doesn't seem farfetched to be honest.

wing_gundam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oda really had Vegapunk repeat stuff that we already knew for most of the chapter, and only a couple of new facts were mentioned, none of which were particularly interesting or surprising. Some folks say that we should be patient, but we've waited like 20 years to get more information about the Void Century yet Oda just keeps stalling and teasing. He could've at least revealed what the ancient kingdom was actually called...

I did like seeing a ton of old characters though. At least Oda cares enough about legacy characters to give them some screentime even for just one panel.
I mean this is a great way for normies around the world to catch up and start learning what we know. Nobody has any clue about anything. But if you want the world to accept Luffy and reject the WG they need to know.

Kuroiyaiba

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Interesting to see that they got a video transponder snail available in the shabby saloon/ bar on Jaya.
Even more interesting to see it being labled with the Donquixote Pirates‘ jolly roger. So we can assume he‘s still in business despite being imprisoned?

Last edited: