One Piece General Discussion Thread! | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece General Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonix

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's surely an interesting approach, but why? and where should it have taken us?

Also, this round is over and there will be a short break before the voting continues, stay alert though for what's happening inbetween :kukuku
Sorry for the suuuupeer late response, but it would have taken us to a final round filled with interesting discussions, instead of a bunch of weak conversations where a couple members actually mention abilities and feats while everyone else just posts, "well I haven't seen X do anything but he seems strong so I'll give him my vote".
I don't think it's a coincidence that the thread that received the most posts in this entire tournament was Blackbeard vs Enel, as another member said:
thats why such fights are awesome... because we know the fighters very well and can discuss it very good

on the other hand look now at shanks vs. flamingo or gol d vs. marco :(

i would still want to know who had the glorious idea to add gol d roger in this tournament

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeh, its now obvious. Gol D. Roger and Whitebeard are in the final. No contest. And rayleigh and Dragon are in the semis
Nah, Gold Roger has nothing against Shanks.

It's either gonna be Shanks vs Whitebeard, or Rayleigh vs Whitebeard.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah, Gold Roger has nothing against Shanks.

It's either gonna be Shanks vs Whitebeard, or Rayleigh vs Whitebeard.
I fail to see a scenario where Roger loses to any of them if someone who was literally shown to be immortal couldn't stand a chance.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Sorry for the suuuupeer late response, but it would have taken us to a final round filled with interesting discussions, instead of a bunch of weak conversations where a couple members actually mention abilities and feats while everyone else just posts, "well I haven't seen X do anything but he seems strong so I'll give him my vote".
I don't think it's a coincidence that the thread that received the most posts in this entire tournament was Blackbeard vs Enel, as another member said:
So you'd enjoy a tourney that lasts three weeks and consists of semifinals upwards more than one that actually has moments like Blackbeard vs. Enel? Quite interesting, because Enel for example would surely fall out of the scale here in any rational selection of characters.

As for who will win, it's entirely in your hands guys. Goldy Locks still has to win against Blackbeard to get to the semifinals :D

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, I'm pretty sure the tournament could have lasted just as long with out all the hype characters thrown in. You (all mods and admins in charge of the tournament, not trying to single you out specifically) obviously realized that you added way too many characters to the roster, otherwise have 2 battle royale rounds? And I'm not sure how Enel would have 'fallen out of the scale' Are you (this time I mean you personally ;) ) saying that Enel hasn't shown enough to be included if we eliminated hype characters? I would say the evidence points otherwise based on the length of the Blackbeard vs Enel thread, and how close that match ended up. That was actually my favorite match of the tournament since Buggy was defeated.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
I'm saying that if we limited the tourney to semifinals upwards Enel wouldn't be in, just like now. Thus the so far most discussed fight of BB vs. Enel would have never taken place. Others might have enjoyed Robin vs. Pekoms more, or the defeat of Buggy, both of which would be even more unlikely to occur, but that's where you go with limiting the number of participants.
As for the battle royale rounds, there's more than the number and it was fun as well, so *shrugs*

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
We never said anything for only a semifinals tournament.

Just a tournament for every character we actually have seen something and not only hype. That includes (lucky roo, ben beckman, shanks, gol d roger, dragon and so on). That killed sometimes the fun the other fights have created. Without these hypecharacters we probably would have more fights as enel vs. blackbeard.

its too late now but it was still fun so it doesnt matter anymore ^^ (and yes i see the tournament as finsihed)

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Your vote can change the tide at anytime, just VOTE. D: We the staff have no influence in the voting, it's all up to the majority here, that's how the tournament works.

And it has been a long tournament by all standards, it has been running for more than 4 months, check the Naruto and Bleach tournaments to see they also had a similar run. We just decided to spice this one up a bit with interesting stuff. ;)

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
who are the bastards ( :p )who voted for teach instead of Ener??? going by physics,ener would have won for sure! gravity force is not as strong as Coulomb (electric) one! and with his speed,ener would have avoided all the attacks!

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Your vote can change the tide at anytime, just VOTE. D:
How many fights were decided because of one vote? xD

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Semifinals are up guys! Hope that fills some of your needs this week ;D

---------- Post added February 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was February 12, 2013 at 06:12 PM ----------

Polls are up, have fun voting and don't forget to post if you haven't yet.

culiohulio1

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hay guys I'm new to this "forum" thing, but I am a big fan of One Piece, so could any of you tell me if there is a general topic you people are talking about, or is it anything goes?

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Can anyone explain to me what this tournament is about? I'm new to this forum,

UnknownMugiwara

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Welcome to our world!

This topic is about a Tournament we had, it's over now, but we basically put characters from the One Piece universe against each other and discussed and voted on who we thought would win.

This is the thread where anything (One Piece related) goes.
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/78259-ONE-PIECE-MEGA-CONVO-THREAD

For theres also sub-forums for almost anything, just take a look :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.