Hangout - One Piece Mega Convo Thread | Page 233 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You'd think he'd ask her not to go around calling herself THE kozuki oden like a lunatic.
I get the feeling Yamato will be more sure about what she wants to do with her identity as her journey progresses and meets more people. The main reasons she took on Oden's name was to give people hope and get freedom.

Well now that the people have Momo as their new hope and has freedom, I wouldn't think she'd have more motivation to keep taking on Oden's identity. So I think this journey will play a deciding role for her as to whether she'll be more motivated to be Oden or be herself more.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I get the feeling Yamato will be more sure about what she wants to do with her identity as her journey progresses and meets more people. The main reasons she took on Oden's name was to give people hope and get freedom.

Well now that the people have Momo as their new hope and has freedom, I wouldn't think she'd have more motivation to keep taking on Oden's identity. So I think this journey will play a deciding role for her as to whether she'll be more motivated to be Oden or be herself more.
No she didn't. she took that identity as a kid because she thought, wrongly, that oden was awesome. Then she went to spend most of her life imprisoned in onigashima without anyone ever knowing who she was or interacting with essentially no people outside of kaido's crew. At no point giving hope to people she never interacted with was a factor. She'll probably continue to pretend she is oden because nothing has changed regarding that. no one has ever called her out on the fact that she is not oden and never will be.

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
no one has ever called her out on the fact that she is not oden and never will be.
Kaido called her out, but he's a villain anyway, and people like Momo are pretty tolerant to an extent.

I get the feeling that many of the Wano citizens will have something to say the more she interacts with them though, especially since many are understandably angry with Kaido.

They'd prob only see Yamato as Kaido's child and not Oden, since there's only one Oden, and he boiled himself to death as a grand sacrifice to the people.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Got curious about Black blades after seeing the Road to Laughtale Vol.2 which states only Haki is not enough to acquire a Black blade, at least it suggests it isn't.

With that said, I read Chapter 1023 which seemingly gives some explanation.
Zoro vs. King, Zoro said King wasn't a Swordsman.
King said he isn't, and he defined what a Swordsman is... a Swordsman is someone who sticks to a traditional style and form in battle in the TCB, whereas the Viz translation for King, he states he's willing to use anything to win a battle including biting his opponent.
In other words, a Swordsman is someone who will literally only rely on a Sword to win a fight, nothing else but Sword techniques.

I'd imagine Whitebeard and Roger weren't Swordsmen in the sense they utilise other methods to win battles, they're willing to win battles even without a Sword.

Black blades can probably only be developed be true Swordsmen, and I guess just like Enma was able to acknowledge Zoro and Oden, Swords can acknowledge true swordsmen which is part of the requirement to get a black blade.
Gyukimaru also said Ryuman's black blade was forged through many battles.

Adding everything up together, it seems a Black blade is formed by a Swordsman (someone who only relies on a Sword to win and is dedicated to Swordsmanship alone) through many battles. I guess you acquire a Black blade, which requires Swordsmanship during battles, extremely powerful Haki and acknowledgement from the Sword after many battles.