Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 875 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro and Sanji have had sufficient displays of power.

Sanji blocking Kizaru/ also nullifying his lasers
Zoro taking out an arguable YC1

Both also fought off Seraphim

Jinbei has had a reduced combat role for a while now
Give Team Dad some time, he's already had to babysit the crew full time already in Egghead. But yeah make no mistake, I'm pretty impatient for Jinbei to get some time to battle-shine myself. I look forward to him having a high-diff fight more than Luffy/Zoro/Sanji. I get the feeling their fights will just continue to be more of the same for the rest of the story, which is *fine* I suppose. But Jinbei's whole style is way more interesting, especially since unlike a lot of other fights Oda really has to curate who and more importantly *where* he fights. Gotta be hard to set that up in a fair way for whoever Jinbei is fighting without his enemy being top-tier haki users and/or far from water.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly, I think Oda is having issues balancing out the crew right now. While not on the level of Luffy, the trio of Zoro, Sanji, and Jinbe are kinda busted and Egghead has pretty much shown that he needs to create contrived scenarios for them to take them out of the story. Zoro's extended sparring match with Lucci keeps him distracted. Sanji being a bodyguard for Bonney then Vegapunk, which had him running back and forth a lot. And Jinbe being a glorified luggage carrier now turned Zoro retriever.

It's even worse for Jinbe as he was basically tossed to the background of Egghead pretty early on.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Give Team Dad some time, he's already had to babysit the crew full time already in Egghead. But yeah make no mistake, I'm pretty impatient for Jinbei to get some time to battle-shine myself. I look forward to him having a high-diff fight more than Luffy/Zoro/Sanji. I get the feeling their fights will just continue to be more of the same for the rest of the story, which is *fine* I suppose. But Jinbei's whole style is way more interesting, especially since unlike a lot of other fights Oda really has to curate who and more importantly *where* he fights. Gotta be hard to set that up in a fair way for whoever Jinbei is fighting without his enemy being top-tier haki users and/or far from water.
I am guessing jinbe will get a chance to shine as the strawhats finish their daring escape. Jinbe is obviously a competent fighter anywhere but his true worth is shown when he has a large body of water at his disposal. As the strawhats make their escape the most likely scenario is that what's left of the marine fleet and the gorosei will pursue them. Which is an excellent chance for jinbe to show far more power than he has shown before. I am also half expecting the massive plot twist that the gorosei can swim.

WILDCARD 1 7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I'm not one to get too into power scaling, most cause Oda him self doesn't actually care about it. But Wth current chapter 1111 I still say that Kizaru is stronger than Gorosei in a 1v1, I'd even say he's tied with Big Mom.

Last edited:

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
I'm not one to get too into power scaling, most cause Oda him self does actually care about it. But Wth current chapter 1111 I still say that Kizaru is stronger than Gorosei in a 1v1, I'd even say he's tied with Big Mom.
With Big Mom??? She's one of the stronger ex-Yonko especially when Oda's not intentionally nerfing her

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
With Big Mom??? She's one of the stronger ex-Yonko especially when Oda's not intentionally nerfing her
I saw her as the weakest of the old ones. Sure she's more durable than him but I think he makes up for that in speed plus attack range.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
I saw her as the weakest of the old ones. Sure she's more durable than him but I think he makes up for that in speed plus attack range.
If we take away Oda nerfs I'd argue she has more to offer than Kaido did.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't you dare slander The Strongest Creature in the World! 😡

But yeah in a 1v1 without nerfs I do give BM the win over Kizaru.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Kizaru is a weird character... realistically speaking his laser is ridiculously power, it'd cause damage to any yonko as is. But for some reason akainu's fruit is the one with the most offensive power or whatever. Oda has done a pretty awkward job placing him in the story.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Yeah I still say that Kizaru and pre time skip Kuzan could draw with Big Mom.
And to be fair I think all three of them got nerfed at some point.
New admirals would get wrecked.
Current Akainu would beat her.

< Wild Card runs off and gets in to bunker>

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Me, whenever I see someone saying Admirals>Yonko*

Kizaru fought nearly equally with Luffy, that should prove he would be a match for Kaido.

On the other hand, Shanks's Haki was enough to make Ryokugyu stop. Or maybe Fujitora and Ryokugyu are just weaker than the other Admirals.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I would door asf to see Slim & Sexy Big Mom with her durability in action. ODA never even explained what was going on with her when she was starving

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would door asf to see Slim & Sexy Big Mom with her durability in action. ODA never even explained what was going on with her when she was starving
Ain't nuttin sexy bout dis

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Ain't nuttin sexy bout dis
So I obviously was referring to the flashbacks of Big Mom during her Rocks days…As for that form we known she gets delirious and weaken. I’m just curious if her weight, looks are in anyway connected.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
BM = Beautiful Mom

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I obviously was referring to the flashbacks of Big Mom during her Rocks days…As for that form we known she gets delirious and weaken. I’m just curious if her weight, looks are in anyway connected.
Haha jokes aside, I think its just the shounen body trope working here. If you notice current BM looks the same as kid BM in that she is stocky. But as a normal age adult she looks sexy as do essentially every female character in the story so wouldn't read to much into that.

As for her starved mode that is a good question. Obviously no one should be able to lose that much weight that quickly so its either a gag like Luffy eating and digesting quick or just a mode of hers that may be more dangerous in combat but uncontrollable. We got modes for Kaido based on being drunk so makes sense for BM to have modes based on hunger.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Probably not. Though look wise if we consider how oda has framed good and bad endings for characters in their old age I suppose it'd be fair to think of her as having "bad ending" looks.