Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 880 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Bro I was literally frothing at the mouth when Luffy went out of G4 and wrecked Doffy only for the stupid time limit to set in and him be useless for 10 minutes and needed the fodder gladiators to save him. I did not once say "Nope, Oda is stalling the plot for birdcage drama so it doesn't count. Once Luffy got serious in G4, Luffy put an end to it quickly so the fight was a low diff for Luffy."

That's just silly

Zoro was huffing, puffing, wheezing, outright saying he couldn't get past Lucci, Lucci taunting him by saying the crew would never leave him so he was a liability to the others and that still didn't get Zoro fired up enough to "take the fight seriously" but the fact was... Zoro was taking the fight seriously and it was two high tier fighters going back and forth until both wore eachother down enough to where one sighed the other. Lucci didn't use his strongest attacks either so should we argue that Lucci wasn't taking the fight serious? No, because that's not how fights work.
I throw a mini tantrum in my room whenever Luffy has to experience a time constraint regarding his DF.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I HATED that Coby suddenly got this massive power up randomly and I feel like it's a huge Oda asspull but I'm not using head Canon to say "This is Oda bs so it never happened"

You take the new information and reformulated your powerscaling around that.
Almost broke my arm patting myself on the back when I realized that I already had Lucci and Coby correctly placed in my own powerscaling table before their recent appearances. I just assumed they'd be about where they are if they had kept pace with Luffy.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Coby being on par with lucci still seems a bit high though.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I also figured Lucci would be decently strong in his reappearance. Coby's particular gains were more explosive than I had thought though. I don't mind as it doesn't mean he's on the level of fighters with over a Billion Bounty, but he's at a place where he can grow to be formidable in the final arc.

A bit of an aside, but I'm still a bit salty that Smoker didn't show up to assist Garp as a member of the New Gen of Marines. Hopefully he comes back and displays some growth. If he's as strong as Lucci, that'd be more than fine.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I was going around saying Lucci was close to Admiral level when Luffy was toying with him and got alot of push back from a certain fan base but as soon as Zoro became Lucci's opponent Lucci jumped to Admiral/Yonko tier

Interesting :feelsgoodman

Wonder what changed :heh

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
@grey matter bruh I don’t know why they making it a big deal of this it’s like zoro mid diffing lucci is some ppl mind thinking we are saying that zoro=luffy when that’s not the point. Most ppl with common sense and isnt just blind with the fandom of zoro and luffy knows that luffy>>zoro. in fact imo gear 4 luffy can beat lucci with Acoc imo like g5 was a overkill but we know oda did that for plot reasons just like zoro fight was stall for plot reasons. In fact this helps lucci case that he wasnt KOs by luffy zoro and even jimbei from their attacks. His durability is really good. Again this isn’t saying that zoro and jimbei=luffy.

Imo without no plot purposes
Luffy>lucci luffy low diffs
Zoro>lucci zoro mid diffs
Sanji/jimbei> lucci high diff jimbei or lucci probably a toss up leaning lucci extreme diff
Yeah, basically.
Luffy is a tier above Zoro, but agenda prevalent here is to push him being some fodder to Luffy. That is the reason why certain users here push the "Zoro high-extreme diff Lucci" insanity.
Ask the average readers, I'll guarantee you vast majority of the responses would be falling in low diff or mid diff.
First time I am seeing a "high-extreme diff" where the winner took little to no damage and damn near one shotted the opponent with a mid-end attack while using like half his power 🤡

And obviously yeah, Luffy doesn't need G5 to defeat Lucci, it was overkill. To stomp him in the fashion he did however, G5 would be needed. Luffy can win with G4 + advanced armament + future sight (basically rooftop Luffy) after a tough fight, or stomp with G4 + all advanced haki (i.e 1026 Luffy)

Luffy low diffs Lucci
Zoro low-mid diff Lucci (closer to mid arguably)
Sanji high-extreme diff Lucci
Lucci honestly wins against Jinbe, high diff. Jinbe needs to prove he's above Queen first before him vs Lucci becomes a debate.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Imagine saying "I can't get past you" to someone you could 'mid diff' at any point when the alternative is putting his crew in a bad spot having to wait for him because he is stubborn and doesn't want to take the fight seriously

Lol Zoro fans have the lowest opinions of him

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, zoro did immediately defeat lucci when he heard sanji's criticism. There's nothing to suggest zoro couldn't have gone all out before and be done with it faster. But it's not that unusual for strawhats to make themselves useless until the plot requires otherwise. Sometimes it's due to comedy, sometimes oda needs characters to get out of the plot to prevent it from being too easy.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welp, zoro did immediately defeat lucci when he heard sanji's criticism. There's nothing to suggest zoro couldn't have gone all out before and be done with it faster. But it's not that unusual for strawhats to make themselves useless until the plot requires otherwise. Sometimes it's due to comedy, sometimes oda needs characters to get out of the plot to prevent it from being too easy.
Right, hence my comment about "Just because Oda stalls doesn't mean what's happened doesn't happen"

Oda took Kizaru out from 1 named G5 attacked and took him out of the plot to advance other parts of Egghead. That doesn't mean Kizaru didn't get knocked out by the punch just because Oda was stalling the plot. But now we have a powerscaling point of "1 G5 punch can't do a good amount of harm to An Admiral" whether you want to argue Kizaru's heart wasn't in is is another matter. I would say killing Vegapunk and nearly killing Bonney speaks to the opposite.

Oda had Zoro high diff Lucci because he needed to stall Zoro long enough for him to be needed elsewhere. The High diff still happened

I have a question for the people that didn't think it was a high diff. Do you think if Zoro used that last attack at the beginning of the fight it would have resulted in a one shot? Or did Lucci had to be worn down first?

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Coby being on par with lucci still seems a bit high though.
Oh it's wild af for sure, but from what we've seen and the direction his character has gone, I can't put him any lower. The entire A-tier is incredibly difficult to scale, compared to S or B. The fact Ace is directly in the center of my A-tier is like the ultimate evidence of just how wonky the whole section is.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah, basically.
Luffy is a tier above Zoro, but agenda prevalent here is to push him being some fodder to Luffy. That is the reason why certain users here push the "Zoro high-extreme diff Lucci" insanity.
Ask the average readers, I'll guarantee you vast majority of the responses would be falling in low diff or mid diff.
First time I am seeing a "high-extreme diff" where the winner took little to no damage and damn near one shotted the opponent with a mid-end attack while using like half his power 🤡

And obviously yeah, Luffy doesn't need G5 to defeat Lucci, it was overkill. To stomp him in the fashion he did however, G5 would be needed. Luffy can win with G4 + advanced armament + future sight (basically rooftop Luffy) after a tough fight, or stomp with G4 + all advanced haki (i.e 1026 Luffy)

Luffy low diffs Lucci
Zoro low-mid diff Lucci (closer to mid arguably)
Sanji high-extreme diff Lucci
Lucci honestly wins against Jinbe, high diff. Jinbe needs to prove he's above Queen first before him vs Lucci becomes a debate.
The obsession with the word "agenda" instantly poisons any power scaling conversation. Zoro had high- to extreme-diff with Lucci because he was successfully stalled the entire time before the boyfriend phone call. If it *wasn't* a high- to extreme-diff, then Zoro was just farting about in a way that Zoro doesn't do. None of this has anything to do with Luffy or your imaginary strawman "agenda". Or to speak your language, 🤡 🤡 🤡

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh it's wild af for sure, but from what we've seen and the direction his character has gone, I can't put him any lower. The entire A-tier is incredibly difficult to scale, compared to S or B. The fact Ace is directly in the center of my A-tier is like the ultimate evidence of just how wonky the whole section is.

The obsession with the word "agenda" instantly poisons any power scaling conversation. Zoro had high- to extreme-diff with Lucci because he was successfully stalled the entire time before the boyfriend phone call. If it *wasn't* a high- to extreme-diff, then Zoro was just farting about in a way that Zoro doesn't do. None of this has anything to do with Luffy or your imaginary strawman "agenda". Or to speak your language, 🤡 🤡 🤡
If you use the word agenda and aren't trolling, it's cringe.

I use it all the time when I'm trolling tho lol sorry it's just a fun word to throw around

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan

So they used a regular word you don’t like and you insult the person. 🤡🤡🤡 Behavioir.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oda had Zoro high diff Lucci because he needed to stall Zoro long enough for him to be needed elsewhere. The High diff still happened
It's like they're confusing Oda's admittedly poor execution with an entirely different reality.
So they used a regular word you don’t like and you insult the person. 🤡🤡🤡 Behavioir.
It's not "a regular word", it's a stupid terminally online fad that poisons any discourse about powerscaling. And you absolutely know this about the word and try to frame is as a "regular word" 🤡🤡🤡 "Behavioir"

"Agenda" should be banned from the powerscaling thread and isolated to its own dedicated thread where twitter goombas and trolls can have a fun little playground that doesn't spill into here.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's like they're confusing Oda's admittedly poor execution with an entirely different reality.

It's not "a regular word", it's a stupid terminally online fad that poisons any discourse about powerscaling. And you absolutely know this about the word and try to frame is as a "regular word" 🤡🤡🤡 "Behavioir"

"Agenda" should be banned from the powerscaling thread and isolated to its own dedicated thread where twitter goombas and trolls can have a fun little playground that doesn't spill into here.
Sounds like you have an "anti word" agenda

I'll see myself out

Honestly my favorite is we we get crazy and start saying stuff like

Luffy sleep-diff'd

Or Zoro huff-diff'd

Or Akainu sneeze-diffs

Any type of diff other than low/mid/high/extreme/ max diff gets a chuckle out of me, but what can I say, I'm simple like that

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't you think both matters though?
I put weight in both injury and effort.

You can put high effort and stomp, that wouldn't make the fight a high diff, would it?

What makes Kaku a high diff fight is that Kaku fought Zoro equally until Zoro pulled out Asura, and reduced Zoro to like 30% hp. I mean as a true equal, unlike Lucci where Zoro was sandbagging for most of the fight.
Zoro didn't treat Kaku like a joke in the end, where he casually dodged his final attack and one shotted him with a mid-end move. Zoro couldn't deal with Kaku's strongest attack at all, until he pulled out Asura. Asura was needed to overpower it.
I do think both matter but I think I maybe contextualize their importance to each other depending on the fight (admittedly this will introduce personal bias but power scaling as a whole is never free of that so I try to do it carefully). For me this goes back to that fight Zoro had with Zombie Ryuma where it was commented by Brook that they were both similar in fighting style and physical strength, and as a result how the fight would be short.

The way OP depicts fights changes depending on the narrative Oda is going for but in all reality when two fighters are relative equals, the fight should be short and end with few attacks landing, especially if the fighters in question are attack heavy. Zoro v Lucci fell into this category for me, where a single serious attack from either landing on the other was likely to end the fight. The reason I think the fight took so long aside from plot is both of them couldn't manage to land a real attack and when Zoro finally did he won. This dynamic is especially true for CP agents who fight to kill: thinking of the fights in Onigashima such as CP0 v Apoo, CP0 v Drake and even in this arc when Lucci did a sneak attack on Sentomaru. Since this was the lense through which I viewed Zoro v Lucci, I ended up counting injury less.

However, I do completely admit this is difficult to judge. In the same vein we'd think Zoro v Kaku should have ended with few injuries since they were relatively equal. It seems to me Oda has both sides land hits and get injured when its a main fight that is being shown but when similar fights happen as a side element of the plot, we see only one/two attacks land with fight ending quickly. This is true even with Zoro v Kaku 2.0 where we didn't have a conclusion to the fight showing that both Kaku & Lucci can hold Zoro off vs being low diff wins for him. To me if Kaku & Lucci were low diff for Zoro they wouldn't be able to stall him.

That's why I land on mid diff to high diff for Zoro v Lucci. The big open question for me is if Zoro used aCoC or not, which we can't explicitly tell since it forces us to do haki analysis which is not great. If he didn't use aCoC I stick with Mid Diff. If he used aCoC in that fight and it didn't end there, then High Diff.

As for Killer.
Yes, he was injured, but that was a result of external intervention. What would have been a mid diff fight if pure 1v1, turned into a high-extreme diff fight due to intervention from the Fox.
Good point on the Killer fight. There was interference from Gyu something fox person. Otherwise you're right Zoro would have comfortably handled that form of Killer (since he wasn't fighting his normal style won't comment on real Killer though how he went out in Elbaf makes me think low diff since I have hard time imagining Zoro going down like that to an indirect hit).

I am not talking about Pica, moreso talking about stuff that happened in Wano itself.

Check when Zoro got Enma and cut the cliff, check when Zoro was using attacks against Kaido and as well as against King (pre KoH)
You could see the smoke there too.

Smoke can be advanced armament overflow, or KoH. Rooftop Zoro used advanced armament only and was having smoke anyway.

And lastly, my main point here is the author intent:
I get you. I did go back and check all the chapters and there is smoke emanating from the sword (Enma mostly) in several moments prior to KoH. However, KoH I think is the only one I saw with multiple small circular flows of smoke around swords vs large amounts of smoke we saw before. Either way this is turning into same problem of black lighting interpretation so I think I will just say I don't know if Zoro used KoH in the fight.

With that in mind will stick to the above, Mid Diff if no KoH used and High Diff if KoH was used.

Repeating myself:
is Lucci ~ smoke santoryuu Zoro ~ base nittoryuu Zoro?

How can this be the case, when the attack that took Lucci from almost full hp to like < 20% hp was a mid-end attack WITHOUT KoH ?

This means, Lucci cannot handle Zoro's attack power in base advanced conqueror's even.
How could he handle Zoro's attack power in KoH then, which it's OVERUSE of advanced conqueror's + advanced armament? Make it make sense.
I think this is a bit disingenuous. Its clear Lucci has shown that with haki on this hands/claws he can block Zoro's swords but the same does not apply to his body. So even if we leave out KoH/aCoC this is akin to asking why did Lucci go down to Zoro's CoA haki swords when he was just blocking them before with his CoA haki hands/claws?

To me it can make sense that a Lucci actively using CoA haki hands/claws successfully to block either CoA or aCoC swords is still consistent with a Lucci that gets taken out if a CoA or aCoC named sword attack from Zoro lands on his main body.

This is also why I said before, had Zoro failed to dodge Lucci's Madara attack he would have lost the fight. I don't think his body would have just taken it, he'd had been riddled with holes. Do you disagree?

Even if you are just weighing effort, Zoro put a LOT more effort into Kaku than to Lucci

Zoro went all out, used many named attacks (that Kaku tanked), and pulled out his strongest ability till date to finally put down Kaku.
Compare that to Lucci, who damn near got one shotted with the first instance of a mid-end named attack

Comparing effort:
- Zoro used 100% of his ability against Kaku. Kaku forced Zoro to evolve himself and awaken his Asura for the first time.
- Zoro used like 50% of his ability at max against Lucci, no bandana

Comparing injury:
- Kaku took like 70% hp from Zoro
- Lucci took 10% hp from Zoro at best, even that is giving Lucci benefit of the doubt cause we didn't see Lucci land any hit on Zoro.

I will disagree about Seraphim pushing Zoro more than Lucci though.
Lucci could actually hold his own in CQC. While, Seraphim are bums with poor combat skills and no haki. They are just damage sponges who probably got ping ponged by Luffy/Zoro/Lucci, who are likely alive only cause Oda made Zoro retarded and made him forget King (a skilled adult lunarian with strong armament haki) was afraid of getting hit by Zoro once he got advanced conqueror's haki.
I think this goes to what I said in the first part where Oda shows a lot more back and forth, with both sides landing attacks etc for fights he wants to depict. However, for side fights that are off screened we pretty much just see people holding each other in place and only see attacks land at the end when they conclude. Don't forget Zoro also fought Kaku in Egghead and failed to win (fight was not concluded). Since Kaku is weaker than Lucci (unless you disagree), you'd think a Zoro that can low diff Lucci would have no trouble taking Kaku out quickly too but that just wasn't the case.

In that case, why is Lucci a high diff for Zoro?
No KoH (as I explained above), no Asura. Down with the first named attack.

Zoro used less effort on Lucci, than Kaido on 1010 Luffy.

I am not saying Kaido took a lot of damage there though, but he did get hit many times. Say 1010 Luffy took 10% of his hp?
I'll disagree on the KoH in that my position is its unknown. But that aside my rationale is that had either side landed a named attack directly on the other, the fight would have ended.

On Kaido v Luffy, 1010 not sure how much hp Luffy took but I think 10% is reasonable. Although I again have to stress how Oda shows tons of back & forth for where attacks land for fights that he shows with a lot of focus.

Contrast this with old WB v Akainu. Both attacked each other a lot but only landed a couple attacks, each of which was pretty fatal in the fight e.g. Akainu took piece of WB head and Akainu took huge blow to the head. When opponents of similar levels fight, this is typically what should happen, they hold each other off until an attack lands which tends to finish the fight.

But Luffy used his strongest mode that severely exhausted him, and had clashes with Lucci?
Wouldn't that push it to a minimum mid diff, due to the effort Luffy used?

Pulling out G5 automatically prevents it from being a neg diff, because at that point the only thing he's holding back is advanced conqueror's and gigantification in G5.
To put down Lucci, he would even need far more effort than he used there, because Lucci tanked 3 named attacks with only llike 20% reduction in hp. Up with just a bandaid, showing no signs of lasting damage or exhausting.

You say Lucci didn't damage Luffy, but Lucci caused zero damage to Zoro as well by the way.

This is the double standard I am talking about.

Look at how Zoro treated Lucci when he got serious.
Casually dodged Lucci's barrage of named attacks, exposing beyond any doubt that Lucci holding his own earlier was just Zoro sandbagging for the sake of plot. Damn near one shotted Lucci with a mid-end move without KoH, without bandana.

Why is it that one is (rightfully) interpreted as a stomp, while other isn't?
This is a fair point. Luffy made Lucci look easy purely because he was in G5 which is a lot of effort on Luffy's part. You've changed my mind, to be consistent I will have to readjust this to Luffy beat Lucci Mid Diff. Not clear what haki Luffy used but the fact that Lucci couldn't do anything at all during that fight and was toyed with by Luffy. But it did take Luffy effort to do all of that so can't label that Low Diff anymore.

The "ribbon" was a nice catch, never noticed it.
Dude seems like he was like just 1 step away from awakening, if not awakened already.

His DF mastery was INSANE.

He's definitely the Frieza of the verse. One of the best observation haki in the verse till date, natural genius creating space ships, mastered DF to an insane degree. All the while there was ZERO challenges to push him to grow stronger.

Oda can retcon him to admiral level and I wouldn't complain lol.
Yeah I was surprised to see the ribbon being used even back then. But definitely think Enel was slept on due to Luffy's rubber making him look easier than he should have been. The recent transformation that Greenbull did where he turned into a Forrest being also makes me think that is a partial awakening (or full) too. Logia's transforming into beings that embody the element seems the best course to go. Guessing all of logia Admirals have some form like this when fighting all out. Kizaru definitely has more in him than we saw this arc.

Also need to check if Sengoku had ribbons when he turned into Gold Buddah form. Maybe he was awakened too?

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right, hence my comment about "Just because Oda stalls doesn't mean what's happened doesn't happen"

Oda took Kizaru out from 1 named G5 attacked and took him out of the plot to advance other parts of Egghead. That doesn't mean Kizaru didn't get knocked out by the punch just because Oda was stalling the plot. But now we have a powerscaling point of "1 G5 punch can't do a good amount of harm to An Admiral" whether you want to argue Kizaru's heart wasn't in is is another matter. I would say killing Vegapunk and nearly killing Bonney speaks to the opposite.

I have a question for the people that didn't think it was a high diff. Do you think if Zoro used that last attack at the beginning of the fight it would have resulted in a one shot? Or did Lucci had to be worn down first?
U have a point with luffy vs kizaru but kizaru vs luffy would be consider a mid diff to maybe a high low diff at best fight imo

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
U have a point with luffy vs kizaru but kizaru vs luffy would be consider a mid diff to maybe a high low diff at best fight imo
Yes I agree. I was speaking more of the plot stalling factor in this case but your point firm.

It's still hard to guage Yonko vs Admirals as a whole because in this case you have "Luffy a new yonko vs Admiral who may not have his heart in the fight"

Status
Not open for further replies.