Anime - One Piece to Re-Air in 'High-Resolution Special Edition' | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime One Piece to Re-Air in 'High-Resolution Special Edition'

TemplateR

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
This isn't actually possible unless they started to produce it in HD anyways (which would rock). So, I expect it's cropped to 16:9 and upscaled. I seriously hope they get rid of the stupid fillers.

But I'm more surprised that OP has now a second slot on weekends!

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
This isn't actually possible unless they started to produce it in HD anyways (which would rock). So, I expect it's cropped to 16:9 and upscaled. I seriously hope they get rid of the stupid fillers.

But I'm more surprised that OP has now a second slot on weekends!
Real HD-produce from the beginning ? I mean like FMA Brotherhood or HxH ? It don´t be happen, because re-synchronisation of the dialogs ( not all !! ) is too much work for the voice actors, in my opinion.

I also expect, that the HD-Version is just 16:9 cropped Version and an quality-upscale. But cutting out the filler ? Well, I highly doubt it won´t be happen, but I´m not sure atm.

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Actually, I meant that if they already were to produce the anime digitally, they could have been able to produce it in HD anyways - or have at least the clips as HD and only rendered it as SD... But someone in the ANN forums already said that it doesn't looks so good for that...

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I would love for One Piece to get the Kai treatment! That way I could actually get a friend of mine to watch it. He already finds it interesting but he really doesn't have enough time to watch all those episodes.

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
One Piece has been produced digitally, and most of the source material from the first 52 episodes were destroyed in a fire, which is why the episodes from DVDs looked better from Episode 52 to 53. Toei had the original cel paintings from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z to redo the series in HD.

So, there won't be a "Kai treatment" unless Toei would produce the first 206 episodes completely new. Everything else would be upscaled and cropped cr*p.

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Yeah, they found a way to make the old stuff look acceptable when it's upscaled... But still, I'm waiting for the Toriko crossover RAW... :P

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
So they'll be doing this to all the non-hd episodes? Will they not cut out the filler and make some edits so that there will be less episodes?

Ethan Hunt

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
they will do all episodes including fillers according to my sources

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
So they'll be doing this to all the non-hd episodes? Will they not cut out the filler and make some edits so that there will be less episodes?
Most of the East Blue fillers were started or finished within episodes lead over to canon parts. The Apis/Millennia Dragon and Loguetown filler even mixed non-canon with canon stuff and changed the order of characters showing up and meeting each other (Smoker meeting Luffy was MUCH too early, Zoro breaking Tashigi's glasses was not canon etc.).

These parts can't be cleaned by cutting out the fillers. "Edits" would result in reproducing new episodes.

The HD rerun is a cropped upscale rerun with the order of the anime.

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well it seems, that they are really skipping all Filler-Episodes of "One Piece". They have skipped the "Buggy Side Story Arc" ( which wasn´t fillers lol ) and the Filler-Episodes of "Loguetown Arc" ( Episodes 50 and 51).

I wonder how they will handle the "Warship Island Arc", if they´ll are cutting out the filler-episodes. Especially the episode "Angry Finale! Cross the Red Line!" are a little problematic, because it´s "half canon, half filler".

junjun2

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Well it seems, that they are really skipping all Filler-Episodes of "One Piece". They have skipped the "Buggy Side Story Arc" ( which wasn´t fillers lol ) and the Filler-Episodes of "Loguetown Arc" ( Episodes 50 and 51).

I wonder how they will handle the "Warship Island Arc", if they´ll are cutting out the filler-episodes. Especially the episode "Angry Finale! Cross the Red Line!" are a little problematic, because it´s "half canon, half filler".
I am sorry to say, but this show was cancelled at the last week's episode. I dont know why it's cancelled. The audience rating wasn't bad, better than Toriko, but...

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am sorry to say, but this show was cancelled at the last week's episode. I dont know why it's cancelled. The audience rating wasn't bad, better than Toriko, but...
Do you have a source, that this Show was cancelled ?

junjun2

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Do you have a source, that this Show was cancelled ?
Japanese wikipedia
The last line of the section(the history) says "Special Edition finished on Mar 30."

I forgot what the first source was, but it was already known about a month ago.
The rating of the final episode was 4.4%. One Piece 6.8%, HunterHunter 4.3%, Toriko 3.7% in the same week.

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Japanese wikipedia
The last line of the section(the history) says "Special Edition finished on Mar 30."

I forgot what the first source was, but it was already known about a month ago.
The rating of the final episode was 4.4%. One Piece 6.8%, HunterHunter 4.3%, Toriko 3.7% in the same week.
I wonder why, they finished/cancelled the "Special Edition"

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
The anime has been cancelled? Dang it! I wanted to see the following chapters in animation.

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
The anime has been cancelled? Dang it! I wanted to see the following chapters in animation.
No, the 'Special Edition' appears to be cancelled, not the acctual anime

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Crunchyroll Adds "One Piece Special Edition (HD)" To Catalog:

The newly remastered "Special Edition" episodes will be available exclusively to all Premium members in the USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America, with more episodes being added throughout the month. The episodes are the same "remastered edition" episodes that are currently airing in Japan and will begin streaming at 7PM Pacific Time with the East Blue arc and more episodes will be added throughout the month.
Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-adds-one-piece-special-edition-hd-to-catalog