Illustration - One Piece X Video Game | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Illustration One Piece X Video Game

garcon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,
so I was searching for some stuff to do to train myself and decide to make quick One Piece fan art. I think I'm going to mix One Piece character with video games one.

Here is my first try :

based on this

I'm thinking on doing :

Zorro X Link
done 26/10 :
Franky X Megaman
done 27/10 :
Nami X Samus Arran
done 27/10 :
Chopper X Crash Bandicoot
done 15/04 :
Robin X Lara Croft
Brook X Medievil Guy
done 21/07 :
Sanji X Hitman (47) ??

bonus colored perona :

anyway tell me if you like it and if you have some ideas for other character (or better idea for the one I list), I will try to do at least one per week

bye

Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This is great! I like your style a lot... Want to see the others...
Franky and Megaman is a great fit XD
But I'll be waiting for Chopper x Crash the most!

garcon

Reaction score
Country
France
Thank you, I'm glad you like the idea, don't hesitate if you have another character mixing in mind.

Here is Zorro X Link
(next one should be Nami, then Franky and Chopper (hope it will match your expectations))

hope you like it

based on this :

I don't know if I should create a respnde each time I do another one or just edit the first message
so right now I'm gonna do both

EDIT : here is Nami

based on :

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

OK so here is Franky

based on this :

I was worried at the beginning of this one, Megaman didn't seem to be a good fit for Franky
but it all worked out better than expected (at least to me)

Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Wow, you were fast XD

They are as good as the first one... and I think Franky and Megaman is an awesome fit, it looks great!
You can make a new post when you have new drawings, that way people who have subscribed to the thread will get notifications... and then add them to the first post as well, to have them organized togheter...

If I think of any mix I'll let you know *-*

Bellamy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Awesome job ! Impressive, it's kind of minimalist and I love it.
Being myself a Let's Player, seeing those classics remastered by your art is really interesting. I would love a crossover with the Straw Hats. A mini game would be so much fun !

garcon

Reaction score
Country
France
OK so when I created this thread I said I would post at least one per week and I didn't do one for the last two weeks, so I guess I'm sorry for that. I will try do get back on it soon, like next saturday.

In the meantime I can give you this, it's kind of a fanart of brook, just did it for fun today, hope you will like it even if it has nothing to do with the previous posts.

garcon

Reaction score
Country
France
so last post I apologized for doing nothing for 2 weeks and said I would get back on track...I didn't do shit for several months, so this time I won't say anything.

so here is chopperXcrash bandicoot, while doing it I was afraid it would turn out as one of the most ugly thing ever created but in the end I think I like it, here it is :

hope you like it.

by the way I did this coloration of one piece's pages quite some time ago, I think I posted them somewhere but
I'm not sure so I will repost them here

Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I love this Chopper x Crash one!
I played Crash a lot back in the days, and even the anatomy, I could see a new Chopper's point XD

garcon, I have a question: what tools do you use for these? Is it vector or freehand?

garcon

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi !

there is another one : BrookXMedievil, not my proudest one I will admit :

I won't make other promises about when the next one will come out since it feels like I'm always letting you down !

anyway, I know there is a video game thread here and I will post it there too but I want to talk about it here :

I know some people who are currently making an independant video game : CIBO

It's a 2D plateformer in a poetic and original world.
The team behind this game is composed from former professionals game maker and young student in 3D and animation.
Like I said the game is currently being made, they are trying to create a community around it, if you are interested you can follow the project on this page. There you will, step by step, discover the universe and story of CIBO.
The game will run on PC and a kickstarter campaign will begin soon. In case of a success CIBO should run on several hardware (Xbox, PS).

If you are interested, be sure to follow CIBO on facebook and don't hesitate to talk about it !

Thanks for your attention !

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

nanaDmari :

sorry, I didn't see you asked me a question !

well I use photoshop and a graphic tablet,
for all these pictures I used a picture of the video game character to place the structure of my drawing (ex : a picture of samus for nami).
Then I draw the character and I begin to build it by "sculpting" shape of colors.
there is no vector so I guess it qualified as freehand (but I'm not familiar with this expression so...)

Hope you got the answer you were looking for and sorry for being so late

Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
nanaDmari :

sorry, I didn't see you asked me a question !

well I use photoshop and a graphic tablet,
for all these pictures I used a picture of the video game character to place the structure of my drawing (ex : a picture of samus for nami).
Then I draw the character and I begin to build it by "sculpting" shape of colors.
there is no vector so I guess it qualified as freehand (but I'm not familiar with this expression so...)

Hope you got the answer you were looking for and sorry for being so late
It's ok! That's what I was asking about n_n
Yeah, it's freehand if you're just using a brush or something. I asked if it was vector because you don't use shades or transitions, it's just blocks of colors.
But you don't sketch first? You go straight to color?

garcon

Reaction score
Country
France
you know what, if you are interested, I will post the different steps of one of the drawing (hopefully I haven't delete the photoshop file), it will be easier than explaining it in a poor english

right know I can't, if you don't see me post it during the week, it will be because I totally forget to do so and... I don't know, message me or just like this post to remind me that I'm supposed to do something (but seriously I will try to do it tonight (tonight is in 9 hours for me by the way)

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Oh, being able to see the process would be a plus :)
But don't worry, take your time

garcon

Reaction score
Country
France
ok so I didn't forget...BUT...my pc had major problem and I had to reset it so I lost all my files so....well next time I do one I will post the different step with it.

sorry ! (I will try to do one soon)

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
ok so I didn't forget...BUT...my pc had major problem and I had to reset it so I lost all my files so....well next time I do one I will post the different step with it.

sorry ! (I will try to do one soon)
Oh no :(
I'm sorry to hear that, it's so sad to loose the files you put so much heart into. Hope your computer stays ok for now.

saskasa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Nice MAN ! Can u give any tips on my drawings on my posts? :D

garcon

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,
I haven't post for a long, long time, altough I promised to post a step by step of a drawing, sorry nanaDmari...

and worst of all I'm not here to post something related to One Piece, just for self promotion.
Lately I have been focused on drawing my own comic : Enfer Blanc (Cold Hell in english).

It will be a digital comic published by WATCH digital comic

here are some pages :

It should be published soon so like I said I'm making some self-promotion, I hope you will forgive me for that !

If you are interested you can go my facebook page. (only in french right now, but there is pictures )

All comics will be available in English.

several other author/stories will be published like :

Les orphelins des rails

eggy stuff

there are others but it's starting to be a long ass post, if you are interested I will make another one to finish the presentation ! (like other series, price and other fun stuff)

Thanks for reading ! And if you like, make sure to share !

PS : I will try to make other one piece drawings on my free time cause I liked doing them and it will allow me to change my mind while still practicing drawing.

PPS
Nice MAN ! Can u give any tips on my drawings on my posts? :D
sorry I never saw your reply ! I will look at your posts as soon as I can !

edit : damn those pictures are huge, sorry about that too...

Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Garcon, this is awesome *-*
I'll definitely want to read it, I'm curious...

You should make your own gallery in the Artists Galleries Section, to post all your art, doesn't matter the theme, in one place. And you can keep this thread for the One Piece related ones.

garcon

Reaction score
Country
France
OK thanks, I will probably do it !

(sorry I have trouble seeing when someone answer this thread !)

If you are interested I will post when things begin to be serious about the project, should be "soon" :)

edit : by the way, if my thread is approved in the artist gallery (which may be difficult since I just saw you have to post for 10 pieces for it to be approved and I Only post 6....) I will post a step by step of a comic page !

Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
it makes a big difference how you use lines in the comic compared to the drawing you made for the crossovers here in this thread
If you are interested I will post when things begin to be serious about the project, should be "soon" :)

edit : by the way, if my thread is approved in the artist gallery (which may be difficult since I just saw you have to post for 10 pieces for it to be approved and I Only post 6....) I will post a step by step of a comic page !
Woooow, a step by step of a page would be awesome *-*