Voting Round 4 - One-Punch Man vs. One Piece | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 4 One-Punch Man vs. One Piece

Who wins?

• One-Punch Man

• One Piece

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

One-Punch Man
ONE

-

One Piece
Eiichiro Oda

Rules
- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Gorgeous art and epic battles VS large well-built large universe and presence of a plot hum....
Hard one.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I know I haven't really done so in previous rounds, but I will try to explain/remind you all of the greatness of One Piece in this round. If you're not 100% on who to vote, do wait a little longer. I'll get to posting tomorrow.

But of course, if you're leaning towards voting OP then just do so now. :derp

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Let the One on One battle begin!

Alright fellow heroes no doubt you see the mighty enemy before us, and mighty it most certainly is, but do not look away and do not let fear lead to hesitation. Many great foes have stood before us and all of them now lay beaten behind us. They were defeated not because they weren't mighty but because we stood together.

We stood together for fun. We stood together the best artwork in manga. We stood together because it was right.

Now we walk boldly forward. Carrying with us the will of those great fallen series that have come before, toward the shining light of victory. Vinland Saga fans, Death Note fans, Neverland fans. Though you may have lost we shall strive to prove that you have lost to the best. For their sake, as well as that of justice, we will fight fiercely and fight as gentlemen.

Today we find ourselves confronted by One Piece. A truly great series. To say different is to underestimate both nostalgia and some of the greatest singular story arcs in all of shounen(I would never try and diminish the Water 7 and Ennis Lobby arcs). Now "why" you may ask. Why should we, heroes of justice, support One Punch-man in the face of such an opponent which clearly has a lot of justice on it's side as well? Because, my friends, our justice is greater than theirs.

If you need reasons, I have two for you.

Consistency

One Punch-man is great... Not some of the time. Not most of the time. One Punch-man is great all of the time. Every chapter you get and every story arc it has are consistently and reliably fantastic.

One Piece is great some of the time. If you think back to the arcs and characters I think you'll find that they are only actually great about half the time. A lot of the rest are "Thriller Barks".

Artwork

One Punch-man's artwork is simply the best battle manga artwork around. It gets no better. Fights. Backgrounds. Characters. It is simply the best.

One Piece's artwork is highly imaginative but also cluttered and confusing. For a weekly manga it's really good but compared to something like One Punch-man there is simply no competition.

Vote for the Greatest Justice! Vote One Punch-man!

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I am not sure what I like more...

The first one to convince me will get my vote I guess.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
It's gotta be OPM for me in this Round easily tbh.
The Series is just great for what it does and always delivers so well with its interactions and dialogues,the Fights are always on Point and its Anime Adaption was probably one of the best there is for me.
Furthermore the Recent Chapters of the Manga are just bringing in the Heat for me as well,gotta love OPM i'd say.
Just Hilarious and Great Characters gathering in this Manga and the Story is just amazing as well,certainly draws me in and that's what a Manga has to do if i'm supposed to like it.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I have nothing to complain about these series, but I have read One Piece (only 600 chapters behind!!!) so I vote OP

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have nothing to complain about these series, but I have read One Piece (only 600 chapters behind!!!) so I vote OP
At least your honest.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I am curious which Mr Bob will vote. IIRC both are his favorites

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This may come as a surprise considering I mod the OP section, and I certainly have a soft spot for the series, but I am going with OPM here. OPM is really something that can hardly be replicated imo. It is THE Shonen/superhero parody in this medium. Albeit there is not a ton of competition from that specific angle, but that proves my point more in some ways. The main character is far more creative and different than a character like Luffy by a mile. The Art is masterful, and I would only put it behind Berserk and Vagabond in that area from what I have read (though Vinland comes close). More than anything it just is a ton of fun due to how absurd and over the top it is. OP is funny, and I also believe it has charm, but I feel there is more high-quality pound for pound moments in OPM that I have come to enjoy than in OP.
I'm interested which one @Aizen is voting on this one

I was going to post something like this. I want to know which one he chose. But I suspect it'll be OPM.
With Berserk, Vagabond, Kingdom, Jojo's part 7, and Vinland (still sad it went up against OPM so early) out, this is the manga I will support fully till the end. Though I feel a possible lynching coming from my fellow OP section.:XD

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I vote we combine the two into One Piece Man and let them both win.
I would totally agree to that.

Saitama's adventure on the grand line! With his crew of Genos, King, Fubuki, and Tatsumaki. Also possibly that awesome old guy, Silver Fang. Sign me the @#$% up!

Status
Not open for further replies.