Discussion - One thing I noticed in the new OVA | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One thing I noticed in the new OVA

zunairnasir

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I haven't watched the OVAs yet. Have to check them first.

teioh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
This new OVA imho is simply s**t. I mean: PURE OLD STYLE JAPANESE FILLER S**T ^^

It's better if the anime makers produce OVA like the second one (only funny) or on canon material even a little fillered (like the first). If they continue to "invent" they will make errors on errors risking to ruin Isayama work.

TheOwl

Reaction score
Country
Albania
This new OVA imho is simply s**t. I mean: PURE OLD STYLE JAPANESE FILLER S**T ^^

It's better if the anime makers produce OVA like the second one (only funny) or on canon material even a little fillered (like the first). If they continue to "invent" they will make errors on errors risking to ruin Isayama work.
I disagree. It might have been filler, but one thing was confirmed with 100% certainty; Armin is the narrator. He will most likely be alive by the end of the story.

teioh

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Oh please, this is SnK Anime not Isayama's Manga and imo it's not to be considered canon. You know how many errors anime like One Piece and Naruto make in their fillers? The same first SnK Anime season changed something (not only censorship but even Annie reaction when caughted guilty and the apparitions of Reiner and Berthold kids inside the city after the first Colossal Titan attack, never happened in the manga), an OVA filler not written by the author can't be considered so serious.

PIXISSUUU

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I AGREEEEE! I don't get why japanese filler eps are so bad. I mean bad. Like, I want to phyiscally assault a producer. If they were to just pull random fans from the streets or read some forums (i.e. mangahelpers) they could get amazing stories to supplement the canon works. Not only that, there are canon visual novels that can be animated too. Why not make ACWNR? What gives?

flyingwind66

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh please, this is SnK Anime not Isayama's Manga and imo it's not to be considered canon. You know how many errors anime like One Piece and Naruto make in their fillers? The same first SnK Anime season changed something (not only censorship but even Annie reaction when caughted guilty and the apparitions of Reiner and Berthold kids inside the city after the first Colossal Titan attack, never happened in the manga), an OVA filler not written by the author can't be considered so serious.
Actually fairly certain I read somewhere that Isayama had a hand in Annie's reaction when found guilty... he said that was how he originally wanted to draw it but dropped it out of his final edit and was glad for the opportunity to use it for the anime. I don't know about the other stuff though.

Samad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One thing you should know is that when these titans first came people ran and fled their home and even country. This is how Mikasa who is obviously japanese is inside the walls. There would have been lots of minorities like her but as the series suggests they were all persecuted. Along with these minorities would have came the 'exotic' lizards and gun powder which didnt come to europe in our timeline until the age of discovery. Also the walls may be in germany and not eastern europe as they are not completely round as shown in several diagrams throughout the series. Also Shiganshina may be shown in the south but there is no compass so it could face any direction. As it is said that the top area and cities area colder with less titans it is clear that the top is near switzerland and the alps and shiganshina is at the very north of the walls. Because the walls are so tall they could change the climate of the region and block rivers. This would explain the canyon and desert shown in the series.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The walls might be closer to the sea then you would think as the scouts have only explored small areas also if titans cannot swim the homeland people could be from the wall but went across a body of water and formed naraka