Shoujo - Orange by TAKANO Ichigo | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo

Welcome to the amazing world of Orange, Limit! :confetti

Wow, the new chapter... Wow. We talked about that possibility before, and it really happened, wow. I didn't think of that. I simply though Suwa was being considerate since he could clearly tell what these two are feeling just like the other girls can. But to know that is surprising. And I'm glad we got to see more of Kakeru's past. Talking with Naho might have made it slightly lighter, but I can imagine just how hard things have been for him, how big his regret is. I'm really looking forward to see how these friends will be able to heal him of this.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

aaaah I knew it!!! Suwa had a letter, I knew it!!

anyway, that part of failing the letter the first time by inviting him turned out to be the greatest deal breaker of all time. >.> yikes.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

I wonder what Suwa letters said about the first day, when they should have let Kakeru come back. Had he the same hesitation than Naho or else ?
I wonder how the parallel universes will play a role. When you think about it, Adult Suwa is almost renouncing to his current love for the sake of rescuing a friend. That's a choice I wouldn't like to have. It's not so dramatic if he knows that it will only affect another universe, one where is friend is happy and him maybe less lucky.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I wonder how the parallel universes will play a role. When you think about it, Adult Suwa is almost renouncing to his current love for the sake of rescuing a friend. That's a choice I wouldn't like to have. It's not so dramatic if he knows that it will only affect another universe, one where is friend is happy and him maybe less lucky.
Hm~ Let's see... First, Suwa knows that Naho likes Kakeru and vice versa. I don't know if he knows it from the future letter or not, but if we consider it clean with Naho's female friends (meaning they don't get future letters from themselves), then it is indeed pretty clear between those two. And in the previous chapters, I think I saw how Suwa struggled to make Naho happy but knowing that he is not the one she truly wants. In the future along the way probably something happened between those two that bonded them together, thus becoming one whole reason to make Suwa wanted to save Kakeru.

And the universe is indeed different, if I remember correctly. So the old, grown-up Suwa and Naho sent letters to their younger selves in a different world line. Meaning grown-up Suwa and Naho's lives wouldn't changed, but those younger ones would.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I started reading the series yesterday and finished all the 8 chapters in one go. What can I say?

First chapter I was like "hmmm okay, let's see"

Second chapter I was like "wow this looks really promising..."

Third chapter I was like "Holy mother of god, I love this series"

Fourth chapter... I had no thoughts because the story totally absorbed me. God I'm craving for a new chapter, I believe this is the first time a shoujo managed to make me so emotionally attached to the story and it's characters in such a short amount of time.

Somehow it felt like a very refreshing mix of AnoHana and Steins;Gate, I really like how the mangaka combines the romance theme with the supernatural aspect.
I never expected this to turn out so awesome.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I just randomly thought of something.

Two of the friends received a letter from their future self of another world line. One letter we know its content, which leading towards saving Kakeru. The other letter is yet to be shown, but from what we see so far it seems like it also leads toward the same goal the first letter wants to achieve.

Conclusion? Kakeru received so much love from his friends.

I think that's one of the point that captivates all of us here, the feeling of friendship so strong between this five young people. I'm curious to see more of Kakeru side, why they all loved him so much.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

^I agree that Kakeru loved by his friends, but I think the main saviors would be Naho and Suwa. They are married (let's just say in the alternative future timeline) and it is known that basically both of them regretted their past actions. What I'm wondering is whether the letters sent to the past would affect the future relationship between Naho and Suwa or not, since.. well the letters seems to be made in order to make Kakeru and Naho in a happy relationship.

Giving my testimony about this series: This series is superb. SciFi, romance, and drama elements perfectly combined into a wonderful and touching story. The most shocking point is obviously chapter 8. :toc

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Did you two read the series at the same time? How strange, this master and minion. :rofl

What I'm wondering is whether the letters sent to the past would affect the future relationship between Naho and Suwa or not, since.. well the letters seems to be made in order to make Kakeru and Naho in a happy relationship.
You mean the married couple? Or the current Naho and Suwa? This is purely my guess: I think Naho the sender did love Suwa, that she had moved on from Kakeru. The regret she felt was because she couldn't save her friend, not in romantic way. Same goes with Suwa the sender. As for young Naho and Suwa we see at the moment... Correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like Suwa hasn't confessed yet although he has shown affection towards her? XD But Suwa had "given up" so we'll see. I think they'll be able to be good friends.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Did you two read the series at the same time? How strange, this master and minion. :rofl
:3c

You mean the married couple? Or the current Naho and Suwa? This is purely my guess: I think Naho the sender did love Suwa, that she had moved on from Kakeru. The regret she felt was because she couldn't save her friend, not in romantic way. Same goes with Suwa the sender. As for young Naho and Suwa we see at the moment... Correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like Suwa hasn't confessed yet although he has shown affection towards her? XD But Suwa had "given up" so we'll see. I think they'll be able to be good friends.
Probably should copy the little talk I had with Doku in my thread here:

Doraku said:
That last page is amazing. I cannot wait for next chapter. OMFGGDGGAD this manga continues to impress me by every chapter, you know what, I have a theory:

The future doesn't change at all, and in the end it's still Suwa x Naho all the way :zomg, feel sorry for Kakeru though, but somehow I cannot root for him
Yes, I didn't expect that. I thought Suwa only did everything out of kindness but looks like he knows about everything too. Raises some new questions for me but we better discuss that in the series thread. And yes, so far the manga has been awesome :zomg

That might even be possible, though I have to say that I root for Naho x Kakeru. Not that I dislike Suwa, it's okay if she ends up with him too but for some reason I prefer Kakeru. What makes you not root for him?

Edit: I thought most people would prefer Kakeru but looks like there's actually someone who prefers Suwa :XD to be honest Kakeru received a lot more of the spotlight, maybe that's why I prefer him at the moment. Suwa appears to be your average, kind guy. Nothing bad with that but it's like there's so much more in Kakeru's case and I'm totally rooting for him and Nao

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Chapter 9 is out.

So.. substantially I think there is nothing new about the revelation why Suwa is receiving letters from the future. What's make me kinda surprised is that Naho conveniently accepted such fact without any question or doubt. The last page is cute, and it's always nice to see a wonderful scene like that, finally Kakeru is able to let his true feelings out.

Poor Suwa, I feel you man, I really do. :pout :comfort

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Edit: I thought most people would prefer Kakeru but looks like there's actually someone who prefers Suwa :XD to be honest Kakeru received a lot more of the spotlight, maybe that's why I prefer him at the moment. Suwa appears to be your average, kind guy. Nothing bad with that but it's like there's so much more in Kakeru's case and I'm totally rooting for him and Nao
Ah well, I'm rooting for him because of personal reasons. :p I believe that Suwa's character might be more complicated than what we have seen over the last nine chapters, it's possible that we're getting more knowledge about Suwa since the lovey-dovey stuff between Naho and Kakeru (seemingly) solved.

In case of Kakeru... I don't know, it's not like I found him bland or whatsoever, but more to the fact that he's too much emo and a little bit too passive for my taste. Without the letters and support from his friends, he cannot express his true feelings, etc, and that's what I don't like from him.

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I don't think I can stand waiting till January for the next chapter :gwah

What's make me kinda surprised is that Naho conveniently accepted such fact without any question or doubt.
I think Naho was probably just very relieved when she realized that Suwa was also receiving these letters. I'm sure she felt burdened and alone, thinking she was the only one who knew that Kakeru's days were numbered, and feeling that she was the only one who could save him. I think, if I were in her situation, I would definitely be super relieved if I found out that someone else shared in this burden.

Besides, I don't really think there is much to question or doubt in this case. Suwa coming up to her and saying "you got a letter too, right?" already proves that Suwa got some letters of his own, and knew of the letters she had received, without her having to say anything. Naho is so dense, she probably still doesn't know that Suwa likes her too, and is unlikely to pursue the issue of reading the second page of the letter that Suwa conveniently didn't bring along with him, that detail how he should suppress his own feelings for her.

Speaking of which, I also felt really sad for Suwa in this chapter. To really love someone is to want the best for them, to want them to be happy. His actions truly exemplify this definition of love.

Anyway, the fact that the rest of their group of friends also bugged Kakeru about what he wanted for his birthday gift makes me wonder if they too got letters? While Naho and Suwa are the most pivotal to the story, I would think that if future!Naho and future!Suwa were going to write letters to their younger selves, the rest might have joined in too. After all, a concerted effort from all 5 of them would probably be more effective than just the two of them, even if the two of them are the major players.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

what's weird is that, the Naho in the future who finally found out that Kakeru had feelings for her, and she cried- but then she and Suwa already have a kid in that timeline, right? And they're like, together. So it makes me wonder it's really gonna be awkward after that. :/

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Poor Suwa, I feel you man, I really do. :pout :comfort
I want to say that to Suwa as well. After reading the chapter I feel like crying for him. Making a sport as the biggest love in life? Are you kidding? How painful is that? Thinking about it further, though, the husband-Suwa who wrote that must be even more in pain, to know what his wife truly wanted and regretted the most in life.

*hugs Suwa in her mind*

Ah well, I'm rooting for him because of personal reasons. :p I believe that Suwa's character might be more complicated than what we have seen over the last nine chapters, it's possible that we're getting more knowledge about Suwa since the lovey-dovey stuff between Naho and Kakeru (seemingly) solved.

In case of Kakeru... I don't know, it's not like I found him bland or whatsoever, but more to the fact that he's too much emo and a little bit too passive for my taste. Without the letters and support from his friends, he cannot express his true feelings, etc, and that's what I don't like from him.
I'm looking forward for more of Suwa as well. I want to see him happy, that's for sure! As for Kakeru, I think that makes his character a bit more realistic for me. Sure it can come off as annoying, but he did something (he thought) terrible as well so maybe it was a form of paying back for what he did, pulling himself out of his surroundings. This kind of people really need others to pull him back in.

Anyway, the fact that the rest of their group of friends also bugged Kakeru about what he wanted for his birthday gift makes me wonder if they too got letters? While Naho and Suwa are the most pivotal to the story, I would think that if future!Naho and future!Suwa were going to write letters to their younger selves, the rest might have joined in too. After all, a concerted effort from all 5 of them would probably be more effective than just the two of them, even if the two of them are the major players.
That does sound probable at the moment, and looking at how these friends react to the trio and what's happening around them. I mean, aside from girls'' power and hunch which can be crazily strong at times, the present arc this chapter sure left that impression. Although we have yet to see how deep the realtionship of these other friends with Kakeru, since we don't see them interacting often yet. As said, they are only supporting characters, but can be 'useful' as well.

what's weird is that, the Naho in the future who finally found out that Kakeru had feelings for her, and she cried- but then she and Suwa already have a kid in that timeline, right? And they're like, together. So it makes me wonder it's really gonna be awkward after that. :/
I think the wife-Naho did love Suwa. Otherwise they wouldn't get married. It was like, first love, maybe, knowing you couldn't get together, that he was gone, but he loved you equally? I mean, surely she would cry, but I didn't really think it would make things worse for her and Suwa. After all, Suwa also sent that kind of letter to his past self. :O

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Nobody speaks about Takako :-)
Seriously Naho is lucky to have such good girl friends to make for her lack of self esteem.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

yeah that. But it seems to be a trend going on for the current shoujo these days. Gone were the strong heroine types. >.>

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I'm really late, only read the chapter today :crying

I want to say that to Suwa as well. After reading the chapter I feel like crying for him. Making a sport as the biggest love in life? Are you kidding? How painful is that? Thinking about it further, though, the husband-Suwa who wrote that must be even more in pain, to know what his wife truly wanted and regretted the most in life.

*hugs Suwa in her mind*
One cannot possibly imagine how hard it must be to support the girl you love to get together with another guy... shows that Suwa is a very kind character too. Most people tend to be selfish, especially when it's about love.

That chapter made me like him a lot more.

I'm looking forward for more of Suwa as well. I want to see him happy, that's for sure! As for Kakeru, I think that makes his character a bit more realistic for me. Sure it can come off as annoying, but he did something (he thought) terrible as well so maybe it was a form of paying back for what he did, pulling himself out of his surroundings. This kind of people really need others to pull him back in.
Yeah, I believe that's what I already told Doku. I mean he didn't save his mother because he had some little fun time with his new friends. He had a few hours of fun and in exchange lost his mother. How silly can life be? I would blame myself hard too so I can totally understand him there.

That does sound probable at the moment, and looking at how these friends react to the trio and what's happening around them. I mean, aside from girls'' power and hunch which can be crazily strong at times, the present arc this chapter sure left that impression. Although we have yet to see how deep the realtionship of these other friends with Kakeru, since we don't see them interacting often yet. As said, they are only supporting characters, but can be 'useful' as well.
Seems very, very likely. In the future they apologized to Naho for not supporting her in her relationship with Kakeru and now they're supporting her whenever it's possible. That can't be a coincidence. It seems likely that the group would make a combined effort to, makes the whole "save Kakeru" a lot more likely to succeed.

yeah that. But it seems to be a trend going on for the current shoujo these days. Gone were the strong heroine types. >.>
Wrong, go read Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun :p

I don't see the big deal behind it though, as it's not Naho acting weak here. Remember the early chapters and what Nao said. "As long as they are happy, I'm happy too". She's one of the girls (ofc there are guys too) who are overly kind and try their best to not hurt others. I can totally understand that way of thinking. Not saying that I wouldn't like Naho actually throwing something back at that bit** but I don't see it as a bad trait.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

i'm not saying it's a bad trait, I'm saying it's kinda boring. >.> But i guess this is the type of manga that's more plot-driven than character-driven so yeah, still acceptable.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

i'm not saying it's a bad trait, I'm saying it's kinda boring. >.> But i guess this is the type of manga that's more plot-driven than character-driven so yeah, still acceptable.
Well I can understand that you want something different. Like I said, read Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Strong female main in my opinion.

I wouldn't say the manga is more plot-driven though, I enjoy characters like Kakeru, Suwa and Nao a lot. On a second thought the plot is really strong, so the current hype + the high rating definitely exists because of that.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Well "plot-driven" doesn't necessarily mean that characters don't matter... I appreciate the presence of the characters, but what "drives" the story, what makes us read on, is this plot of "time travel" or of changing fates, etc.

conversely, "character-driven" doesn't mean there is no plot (as each story should have a plot).