Manhwa - Ordeal | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Manhwa Ordeal

Sakashi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello my friends,

I'm trying this one more time before I completely give up. There is a manwha called "Ordeal" on Webtoons that deserves more attention because it has a insane plot and wonderful art.

Ordeal's descrption:

Che is just a human in a world full of superpowered "Kimyos", but he's determined to become the greatest fighter to ever live. When his beloved mentor is murdered, Che swears vengeance and embarks on a mission to unmask the killer. But soon Che learns that the world of Kimyos is much larger than he ever imagined, and that he himself might be one -- the most powerful Kimyo on Earth, with the power of the sun itself. Will Che be able to harness his new strength, or will he burn up in the heat of this ordeal?

I highly recommend this manhwa because of the story and also the art. I promise you that you have never seen art like this before. This manhwa has the potential to break the Internet in the future. You may ask why I am trying to push this manhwa so hard? The reason is that It deserves more attention. I have been reading manga/manhwas for a very long time and I know what many people would appreciate it!

Here is the link to the manhwa on Webtoons:
https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/ordeal/list?title_no=2729

Give it a read and come back and comment. Spread awareness cause this manhwa is COOL!!!

Last edited:

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
So, i tried it and catched up to chapter 86.

Art: You are right on that one, i like it as well.
Story: At first, it reminded me of X-Men. Since the talents are very similar to mutations and the battle for supremacy between humans and kimyo/mutants is nothing new. But the farther i dived into it, the more i liked what they did with this old concept.

I am quite interested in the ronin thing, by example. Especially since it was revealed with which talent he was originally born...
which also directly brings me to some flaws of the story.

His mother takes his talent and leaves his body broken. She also possesses the ability to give him a new one, but she doesn't do that. His father as well. In one chapter he says that he doesn't want to burden Che too much, in the next he thanks his family spirit for protecting them all those years......why should protection be a burden to him? Even more, since the removal of the Thanatos talent kinda messed with his health, why not fill the empty space with a talent this powerful? If Ilios / Leo said from the beginning that they wanted to fill this gap, it would have made much more sense to keep that space reserved.

That being said, i think that i will continue reading. It's good entertainment and i like the characters and their developments (mostly). Especially Kong.
And i would like to know more about guys like Kagara as well. Or the Prime Minister of Trinidad

Since i get the feeling that he won't just retire after the stadium thing. Maybe he works for/ with the shadow?

So thank you for the tip, i liked it so far.

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I’m glad you liked it!

There could be a number of reasons May didn’t give Che a talent, one of the most likely is that he was too weak after the removal and she just wanted him to be normal unlike how her childhood was. For sabito it’s pretty obvious, hisame protects the heart clan, but it’s not it can do anything without a user. He didn’t want to burden Che with the responsibility of protecting his clan and all the world because it’s one of the strongest and can easily make it into the god tier

Reactions: Wha

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I’m glad you liked it!
For sure! And it comes at a perfect time as well. I thought about quitting another manhwa, this one fills the spot quite well.

he wasn't normal, his body had a hard time adapting being without a talent. At least according to k.o.d.e - so giving him a talent would actually lessen his burden. And she had time to do so. When they gave him and his sister to Leo, he was already a kid.
The clan is kind of gone. He is the male heir. So it is expected for him to carry on. Only that he doesn't have the family talent to do so.
Now, imagine that his little sister, the owner of the clan talent, tries to restore the clan. I find it hard to beliefe that Che would just stand by, with or without a talent. So his burden actually increases, because he doesn't have the necessary power.

Of course you can explain it if you really want to. But for me, most of the explanations i can think of kind of feel forced. But it is not that bad that it would be a dealbreaker for me. Just trying to give an honest review from my point of view :)

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Well, season2 ended with a bang. Looking forward to season3

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Season 2 is still going bro..

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
You are right haha. I interpreted the end of that chapter the wrong way. But i like that i was wrong.
The story is starting to heat up.
I wonder what's in those two boxes.....