Shounen - Orient by Shinobu Ohtaka | Page 25 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Orient by Shinobu Ohtaka

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Nice :D we got Imari on the cover
although i fear her face is gonna get blocked by the logo, unless they put it far in the background

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Raws for Orient chapter 133 is out. Great chapter for Kojiro & his growth, expecting stellar developments for him. My god Ohtaka's sword fight choreography has been really shinning in this arc.

Nice :D we got Imari on the cover
although i fear her face is gonna get blocked by the logo, unless they put it far in the background
Happy to see Imari as well lol

The logo will be behind her anyways so it's all good :D

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Raws for Orient chapter 133 is out. Great chapter for Kojiro & his growth, expecting stellar developments for him. My god Ohtaka's sword fight choreography has been really shinning in this arc.
Thanks for the heads up on the chapter. Man this arc is getting more hype by the chapter. Ever since the fighting started and the flashback each chapter is just fire.

Also is Kazumasa a white soul? His attacks seem to be controlling space, kinda. On the last cover there was a white crystal coming out of his chest, but thats usually the spot where the black crystals comes out, so i just assumed he had something special in him (or it was just an artistic choice). I dont read any fan translations so im just trying to guess here

Man its really dire for the gang and the Hojo's in particular.
Really hyped for Kojiro, although im not sure what he can really do to Kazumasa and Mikito in the long run. At most I assume he is gonna take down Mikito and save Musashi.
lol also Ohtaka and her heroines, Tsugumi nowhere to be seen. I hope Ohtaka has planned something big for her soon or maybe once we reach the Tokugawa, i really dont know :amuse

Last edited:

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Thanks for the heads up on the chapter. Man this arc is getting more hype by the chapter. Ever since the fighting started and the flashback each chapter is just fire.

Also is Kazumasa a white soul? His attacks seem to be controlling space, kinda. On the last cover there was a white crystal coming out of his chest, but thats usually the spot where the black crystals comes out, so i just assumed he had something special in him (or it was just an artistic choice). I dont read any fan translations so im just trying to guess lol

Man its really dire for the gang and the Hojo's in particular.
Really hyped for Kojiro, although im not sure what he can really do to Kazumasa and Mikito in the long run. At most I assume he is gonna take down Mikito and save Musashi.
lol also Ohtaka and her heroines, Tsugumi nowhere to be seen. I hope Ohtaka has planned something big for her soon or maybe once we reach the Tokugawa, i really dont know :amuse
Yup it's totally heating up very well. I'm not sure on his soul and wouldn't surprise me if he's white.

I personally think Tsugumi is next in line for having her focus and Tokugawa. Musashi had pretty big focus from Daito Mine to Awaji & now Kojiro is having his focus for this arc.

Also just was looking through Amazon and we have more english Orient volumes coming out! Volume 15 is coming June 2023 (far away yes lol but I thought they stopped translating these volumes). I don't get why do these bi-monthly releases and then stop but it's better than nothing.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Also just was looking through Amazon and we have more english Orient volumes coming out! Volume 15 is coming June 2023 (far away yes lol but I thought they stopped translating these volumes). I don't get why do these bi-monthly releases and then stop but it's better than nothing.
They are really slow with the releases, im still waiting for volume 10 and its been months by now.

Oh and the Logo is see-though instead of being behind, like volume 16. I think its neat.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That latest chapter :o what a Kojiro chapter. Reminded me so much of Alibaba at his best.
And now Imari vs Tsugumu, maybe?

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
People mentioned Imari & Tsugumi have a connection together so it could be that. I can't see Tsugumi doing much against Imari.

And as expected, nice chapter for Kojiro

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Orient volume 18 back cover

Ohtaka posted rough sketches for the front cover (outlined in blue), this cover is going to be the best one yet I feel.

Orient vol. 18 cover. IMO the cover could've been the best yet but the style is reminiscent to volumes 13/14 (which are my least favs). I do love the background though and feels much more inspired than vol 13/14.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
This arc which I once thought was wrapping up, now feels like we are approaching the end game of the series.

Yes, an Orient simulpub is so much needed. We got the worst luck for its anime adaptation so simulpub is somewhat redeeming lol

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
We won Orient bros :cheez

Hojo arc is so good

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I suppose it makes sense for the final battle to begin soon given what just happened, although it's still a little earlier than I was expecting. The Awaji Island arc was heavily centered around Musashi while the Hojo arc focused on Kojiro, so I figured next would be Tsugumi's turn to help her catch up to the boys. The last two arcs were also systematically going through the members of the major factions. The Uesugi and Takeda Bushi were featured in the Awaji Island arc, and the same was true for the Hojo Bushi in their titular arc. That left the Date and Tokugawa Bushi for a presumably shared arc given the interactions between their leaders. As for the Obsidian Brothers, Shiro and Nanao got some exposure in the Daito Mine arc, Seiroku and Yataro (and Katsumi) in the Awaji Island arc and then Kazumasa, Mikito and Imari in the Hojo arc, leaving only Aijiro. These unexplored elements could have been covered in a Tsugumi focused arc where the main trio visits the Tokugawa (and Date) Bushi and repel an attack by Aijiro. After that we could have moved on to the final battle featuring the powered-up main trio, the remaining three major Kishin, the Five Grand Generals and the surviving Obsidian Brothers to neatly wrap up the series.

All that said, the final arc in this type of "battle shonen" series is usually quite long, so we're most likely still going to explore the Date and Tokugawa Bushi as well as Aijiro, at least to some extent. The only character that may have gotten the short end of the stick is Tsugumi, which is really just a repeat of what happened in Magi where Morgiana had no hope of keeping up with Aladdin and Alibaba. If Ohtaka still has it in her to publish another series after Orient, I'd prefer if she didn't repeat this pattern a third time, but that's neither here nor there. For now, a more pertinent question is whether Orient will end up having a stronger final arc than Magi? Personally I'm hopeful that it will, as the series has been getting better over time and everything is now in place for a big dramatic showdown. As for the length of the final arc, I would be very surprised if it ended before volume 25, but at the same time I don't see it reaching volume 30. For reference, the start of the final arc wraps up volume 19 and the Hojo arc lasted for about 6 volumes.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Orient translated chapters are all up on certain sites

Orient volume 19