Shounen - Original! Reinforced Urayasu Family by Hamaoka Kenji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Original! Reinforced Urayasu Family by Hamaoka Kenji

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This will be a sticky thread to contain just about all the information that can be found (in English mind you), about this manga in the first post, but the rest of the post will be here for conversation about the manga itself. And in case you're wondering, I moved all the translations into the Zindryr Translations forum under Other Drafts.

Since there's no real plot to the story, a simple way of explaining what this series is would be to say that it is a plotless, sketch manga, in English terms. In Japan they call it a gag manga. Basically, it means that there is nothing really connecting each of the stories together, the only thing that's the same are the characters and the place setting. That being the Urayasu town, and the Oosawagi family and friends. The jokes in the manga itself are crude, lowbrow, and fairly amusing. They aren't as pointed as South Park, but they're still fun to read.

It was also quite famous in Japan, and may well still be. There was also an animated series based on this manga, or one of its counterparts.

Some notes on character names:
Oosawagi is Kotetsu's last name, and it also means "a big racket", in this case, noisy and obnoxious as all hell.
Kotetsu means little iron, and his father's name is Daitetsu, which is big iron.
Doitsu is the technical romanization of Jin's last name, but since it is in katakana, it actually means Deutsch, or German.

Bakafish will be releasing a chapter per week every Thursday.

Volume 01 Translations:
Chapter 001 by Zindryr
Chapter 002 by Zindryr
Chapter 003 by Zindryr
Chapter 004 by Zindryr
Chapter 005 by Zindryr
Chapter 006 by Zindryr
Chapter 007 by Zindryr
Chapter 008 by Zindryr
Chapter 009 by Zindryr
Chapter 010 by Zindryr
Chapter 011 by Zindryr
Chapter 012 by Zindryr
Chapter 013 by Zindryr
Chapter 014 by Zindryr
Chapter 015 by Zindryr

Releases:
Volume 01 by Bakafish

Any other information that you think should go in this first post, say so, otherwise, feel free to discuss the manga here.

pocketmofo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: What is Original! Reinforced Urayasu Family?

It was also quite famous in Japan (I am not sure if it still is, but my wife and her friend(s) used to read it).

It is ridiculous, gross, and just plain good fun.

Keep up the awesome job on the translations, Zindryr!

sampa1

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Zambia

Thanks for the great job on the translations, Zindryr! I'm really getting yo like this series.

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania

Finally got around to reading this. Chapters three and four were hilarious, especially four.

La_Muerte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic

would u say that this manga is on the same line as Cromartie High School??

zindryr

誰も知らない
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I haven't actually read that, so I can't really compare the two. The easiest is if you read it yourself to find out. Every chapter but the first one is only twelve pages long, so it's not like it is a big read.[br]Posted on: July 14, 2006, 09:21:22 PM_________________________________________________I updated all of the release pages with fresh Sendspace links, not sure how many of the old ones are dead, but since there were only four other chapters it wasn't a big deal.