Technology - Orochimaru IRL. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Technology Orochimaru IRL.

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
'Scuse the title. But it was the first thing I thought of when reading this article the other day.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/09/random-access-memories-my-time-at-a-singularity-conference/

The conference I attended in June is the product of Itskov's 2045 Initiative, which has set itself the goal of transferring "an individual's personality to a more advanced non-biological carrier." The side effect of that ability to transfer personalities would be that one never has to die with a body; they would become, potentially, immortal.
The first step in Itskov's plan is creating android avatars that are controllable by a brain-machine interface. According to the 2045 Initiative, this will give humans the "ability to work in dangerous environments" without personal risk. The androids, which are somehow both more capable and more expendable than the average human, should appear by 2020 if all goes well.

By 2025, the medical and technological communities should work out how to make an "autonomous life support system for human brains," to save people whose bodies are "worn out." Once the brains are pickled away in their Mason jars, the goal is to recreate the brain as a kind of computer by 2030, enabling people to transfer their consciousnesses to another host. These minds that are now "substrate-independent" should eventually be transferable into new bodies with "capacities far exceeding those of ordinary humans." In sum: transferable consciousnesses into artificial bodies by 2045.
How do you feel about turning your brain into a computer and downloading/uploading yourself to a "puppet/avatar"? o_o;