Seinen - Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
We started with Mr. Smith and saw what all the people whom he had visited during his journey.

So there is a chance he will meet them again.

Art is gorgeous as usual.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Started to read this manga a couple of years ago, but put it aside, i ve just came back to it last week, and indeed have to say im speechless, art is so beautiful , so stunning. Im impressed by the attention she put in every little detail, could be on outfits, scenery, crafts, atmosphere. I m also impressed by her knowledge, cant say if cultural/historical points are accurate, but surely she has studied a lot anthropology.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
It seemes like Duralumin stopped Editing Otoyomegatari, understandable but still sad. I hope some other Manga Editor picks it up.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Still reading this, enjoying a lot, still love the art which is really impressive & the cultural references (despite some weird things to me), every single detail she put, she really must have studied a lot at this point, i can only applause her. I admit though, i couldnt care about Tarasu and the twin sisters (laili & laila) im tbh only/mostly interested in Amir main story. I really love her as a char, love too Karluk's Baa-chan she's so great :zomg. but the char i love the most especially now after the battle is Azel, definitely my fave char of the manga, and one of my new fave males char, hes damn hooooooot ♥, love his personality too. The vs Batan battle is definitely my fave arc !

so adorable ♥

omg, is he even a human ? :hurr

Love how he speaks to his brother in law "honored brother" so well manered ♥

Cute bro-sis moment ♥ this guy is hot even when hes inured. :arf

Btw havent caught yet, but chap 86 is out, browsed into it, theres boobs everywhere didnt expect that lol :arf

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chapter 97 out :

Interesting things happening since a couple of chapters, Amir and Karluk are reunited during a break in his training, Azel and co are negociating, Russia is a huge threaten. i like those kind of chapters focusing on historical facts, wars and on main cast too, moreover we get to see the handsome Azel at his finest. BUUUUT i refuse him to get married !!!! dont accept, Azel, don't do that !!!!
well, he will probably get married and i knew something like this would eventually happen since the moment karluk asked them about why they are still single. I expected that kind of outcome.

Art is outstanding as usual, details of winter clothing are superb, Amir is gorgeous, and Azel, not only is hot as hell, but his personality is just perfection !

some panels

Russia Army closer

Joruk is really funny, love him :zomg

Naniiii !!?

that answer :teehee

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chapter 98 out, i really like that the story is back to Amir and her family. Some cute Karluk x Amir moments, Karluk is growing a lot stronger. Some Azel moments too. seems they accepted the deal, its a horse race, with the village girls, the aim is a political marriage (for an alliance against Russian threat). Azel will likely win and probably will marry that girl with that queen allure. Art is amazing as usual ! :zomg

that design is gorgeous ( her eyes remind me of hinata's in Naruto) :

that stunning art, i like how she draws horses and the movement effects ! :zomg

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chapter 99 out, Not much to say, its mainly the race and it's pretty certain Azel will win this, but that art :zomg I really hope the manga will get a color page for chapter 100 celebration.

Some gorgeous panels :

that speed impression, and also Kaoru Mori is good at translating visually even the cold atmosphere of the scene !

Otoyomegatari is certainly one the most beautiful manga I've seen, everything is perfect, be it chara designs, clothing details, landscapes/backgrounds, actions/movements + all cultural/historical references !

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Chapter 99 out, Not much to say, its mainly the race and it's pretty certain Azel will win this, but that art :zomg I really hope the manga will get a color page for chapter 100 celebration.

Some gorgeous panels :

that speed impression, and also Kaoru Mori is good at translating visually even the cold atmosphere of the scene !

Otoyomegatari is certainly one the most beautiful manga I've seen, everything is perfect, be it chara designs, clothing details, landscapes/backgrounds, actions/movements + all cultural/historical references !

In deep it is. It's lovely

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Azel and the lead sis looming as my favourite couple, a pairing of two extraordinary people. I just love this set up for the 3 Halgal guys. Jorluk caught the eye of someone fun while Baimat was looking at a lady who covered her face - these potential matches suit them so well.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Azel and the lead sis looming as my favourite couple, a pairing of two extraordinary people. I just love this set up for the 3 Halgal guys. Jorluk caught the eye of someone fun while Baimat was looking at a lady who covered her face - these potential matches suit them so well.
I'm honestly happy the focus is upon all their family, I feel the Amir or Azel and co chapters are the best. for some reasons I knew that splendid lady would pull a trick, she's a worthy lady :zomg Im happy to see Azel will definitely outmatch her, Yup I like the matrchings too. And Azel greatness needs a a lady of her caliber, i always loved Azel since his introduction, the dude never disappoints ( he's definitely ranked high in my fave male characters list and he keeps growing :nod )

I expected though a color page for chapter 100 or a cover pic :pout but the art is as usual amazing !

Some of my fave panels :

That panel :zomg

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
101 is wayyy too short, but the next is an extended chapter so there's that.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ah but chap 102 is not near to come unless some team picks it, the team who was translating Otoyomegatari and who was translating Takahgi too, TSP, stopped, Takagi is being currently translated by a new team, Keshigumo, but that team seemingly doesnt do Otoyomegatari Afaik:gwahI have no idea if another team picked it, I hope someone does :s

Anyway some pics from Otoyomegatari Exhibition that ended recently, I'm really jealous ...

1st Kaoru Mori words :

To celebrate the collaboration between this exhibition and the Central Asia plus Japan Dialogue, Mori wrote:
"Otoyomegatari, set in Central Asia (or Central Eurasia at large), is a region that doesn’t get much exposure in Japan. For it to be enjoyed by fans to the extent that I’m now able to share it to an even wider audience through an exhibition makes me very happy.
The exhibition isn’t just about the manga, but also an introduction to Central Asian culture. Fans will of course enjoy the show, but even non-readers should have a good time learning about the region and each country’s respective culture.
Through the manga medium, a manga-ka like me is able to form a distant connection with my reader. With this exhibition however, I hope we are able to close that distance and establish an even deeper connection, even if by a little.
The show runs about a month, which is longer than your typical exhibition, so please do give it a visit. I’m looking forward to it too."
~ Kaoru Mori

art and goodies, everything look so gorgeous ! :

there was even food (such a briliant idea) , looks so yummy , :crying

+
Some cultural exchange action
To commemorate the friendly relations between Japan and the countries of Central Asia and the Caucasus, which are celebrating the 30th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations in 2022, a Russian translation of The Story of the Bride, written by popular Japanese manga writer Kaoru Mori, is being released free of charge. The action of this work takes place in the countries of Central Asia in the middle of the 19th century. In Japan, many people became interested in the culture and history of the countries of Central Asia after reading this work. The "Bride's Story Grand Exhibition" held from February to March 2022 was recognized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan as an "Activity to Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between Japan and Central Asia." In this regard, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is pleased to present "Bride's Stories" to the citizens of Central Asia and the Caucasus as an opportunity to promote international exchange through the culture of Japanese manga. This time the publication of the work is carried out in Russian, which is widely used in the countries of Central Asia and the Caucasus. We hope that this work will further strengthen mutual understanding between the peoples of Japan and the countries of Central Asia and the Caucasus.

nb sorry it's machine translated from Russian but I think its very understandable so i kept it as it is

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
102 is in, it lived up to the hype. Nothing to add, just been enjoying this run of chapters.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ah but chap 102 is not near to come unless some team picks it, the team who was translating Otoyomegatari and who was translating Takahgi too, TSP, stopped, Takagi is being currently translated by a new team, Keshigumo, but that team seemingly doesnt do Otoyomegatari Afaik:gwahI have no idea if another team picked it, I hope someone does :s

Ah that's so great ! Im happy they didnt give up on Otoyomegatari ! actually the people in Tsp who were doing Otoyomegatari kept working on it but under a new team :

And agree that chapter was sooooo great. ♥ MVP Baimat, that gentleman, :zomg the world need men like him, he's really such a great and gentle guy ! As much as i love Azel, Baimat here is winning on me !
I love how Azel won the race, and won the deserved queen's heart. That lady is really something , loving her from the start and that back story about her horse was cute ! and we got eventually her name , Bekhe Jahan, nice name ! :zomg and obviously she's already under Azel charm :arf ! Now that the boys found nice girls, I wonder what will come next, I assume we probably will get some slice of life-ish chapters but probably geopolitical/war moments too. Nothing more to say about the art, gorgeous as usual !

Selected panels :

Yeah that scum deserved to be cut off !

:zomg that man !

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
We'll have the weddings first, please. Then we can deal with incoming threats.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yeah i think that too thats what i was refering to when I mentioned the slice of life-ish scenes. Kaoru Mori put a ot of efforts on daily life details, so I expect like with the twin girls several chapters, maybe even a voulume or 2 based on the wedding, the customs, the arts & designs and food, maybe even their daily new life and stuff like hunting etc. before the threats, and probably we will have updates on Amir and Karluk too, and other characters like Henry, Pariya, Talas etc...