Battle - Palace Invasion---Now with 100% more Knov | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Palace Invasion---Now with 100% more Knov

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Knov has a pretty sweet ability and when he was introduced he was slick and cool.
Then he felt Pitou's POUF's aura and had a nervous breakdown more or less. So tragic.

My question to y'all is...what if he didn't. What if things went according to plan
and Knov WAS able to fight alongside his comrades. Given Knov's ability
I would think it would make for a very different fight. But would it give
the Hunters the advantage?

To decide this will be the fight...

First off Netero and Meruem are not involved as they are fighting else where.

Ant Side

Pouf
Pitou
Youpi

Extermination Team

Morel
Knov
Killua
Gon
Shoot
Knuckle
Meleoron
Ikalgo
Palm

Komugi is not involved so no hostages and Gon does not have Vengeance Powers.
Palm is in her Chimera Ant form but she is on the Extermination's Team.

Last edited:

steadynco

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't see how the Meleoron + Novu combination could fail, especially against Pitou and Yupi (who would both probably die instantly with Scream aimed at their heads). Pufu on the other hand would require that one critical part of his body to be erased so may not fall to a head shot.

I wonder if any of them would have reflexes fast enough to dodge the dimensional rift closing on them, upon feeling the ability touching their bodies (this feat probably require Killua level reflexes, which none of the RGs have).

I think the fight would probably have started in a similar fashion but ended with the team relying on Novu to bypass the royal guards' durability.

Rezard

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
I strongly belive that Knov's scream attack doesn't work if the foe have more aura than the user.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I strongly belive that Knov's scream attack doesn't work if the foe have more aura than the user.
Why? It's spatial manipulation, like Kuwabara's Dimension Sword. Durability is meaningless in this case.

Rezard

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Because this is a "spacial manipulation" logicaly it require and insane ammount of manipulation/energy to put the target / body part into the singularity point of the dimensional rift. If the target have (way) more aura , he could probaly defend against that.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Because this is a "spacial manipulation" logicaly it require and insane ammount of manipulation/energy to put the target / body part into the singularity point of the dimensional rift. If the target have (way) more aura , he could probaly defend against that.
But it is Knov's Hatsu, his specialty. He can do things more complex with his rooms. He opens a portal and slice his opponents, if it was possible to counter this with aura then it would be possible to escape from his room as well. Cheetu's Tag room was indestructible despite Morel being a better fighter and Nen user than him.

Rezard

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
The condition that Cheethu put into his power was also ridiculous (can't use it anymore if he din't win) , imho this is why the room was indestrutible.
But yet we don't know that much how Knov power truly work (only that this is dimension shift based)

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Ive been asking myself those superior Aura negate the effcts of lesser Aura and the answer believe is yes and no.

Why? It's spatial manipulation, like Kuwabara's Dimension Sword. Durability is meaningless in this case.

Right, I believe Knuv Scream attack would work on anybody he used it agains't.. However he has to extend the dimensional rift then catch his opponent in it. I doubt any Nen user is gonna let that weird attack touch them, and He has to pretty much physically touch you with that attack, so it's not OP and you can easily counter attack him.

mousiehamster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Dude what that basically means is that he has a one hit kill ability with basically no conditions attached. There's no way that's true. Even if it put him into zetsu it would still be overpowered.

Alberto

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
In your cenario, the changes in the whole fight would be + Pitou in the Royal Guards and + Gon (non-adult), Killua (more participant againt Pitou´s fight, less on Youpi´s one) and Knov on the Extermination team.

Counting that Pouf´s actual fighting was only holding Morel off (not much really) and that he would have time to help whoever he prefered. Counting that Youpi alone could almost win against averyone, and that Pitou is, as Youpi, fighting oriented, the power level on the Royal Guards side would almost double! Knov alone can´t increase the Extermination´s teamfighting ability that much, even with that OP power.

Also, if Killua is to spend his time on Pitou´s fight, he wouldn´t be able so save Knuckle in Youpi´s fight.

Pitou being stopped to heal Komugi was the biggest luck the team had in the whole arc. Knov wasn´t afraid of her for no reason.

felixng2011

Reaction score
Country
United States
Didn't Knov get exposed to Pouf's aura without using any nen? Thats like going outside naked in a blizzard. No wonder he had a mental breakdown. Not to mention he was completely by himself with no one to help him if something went wrong so he literally pissed his pants when he thought of what would happen if he got caught.

Not to excuse him but I don't think he is cowardly or anything. The circumstances were just really bad. Not everyone can be as (stupidly) brave as Gon. Well characters like Palm, Shoot, Knuckle also demonstrated more bravery. Maybe he is just a bit cowardly or maybe Palm and Knuckle are just very brave. Shoot was a coward but Gon helped him break out of his shell.

Riyuki

Reaction score
Country
United States
It makes me sad that the royal guard were so damn OP lol... they should've been scaled down just a bit. This is totally unrelated, but do you guys think the entire phantom troupe (current members) would be able to take out the 3 RG? That would actually be a pretty interested fight! Meruem excluded because hes just way too OP lol.

felixng2011

Reaction score
Country
United States
It makes me sad that the royal guard were so damn OP lol... they should've been scaled down just a bit. This is totally unrelated, but do you guys think the entire phantom troupe (current members) would be able to take out the 3 RG? That would actually be a pretty interested fight! Meruem excluded because hes just way too OP lol.
No I do not think so. Its possible if they have prep time depending on the conditions. Maybe Feitan can hurt himself severely so he can use a very powerful Pain Packer from the start. That other guy forgot his name who gets a stronger attack by moving his arms could also prep up. However, under normal conditions I think they would lose. The RG are just way too durable and powerful. The margin of error against them is very small. Youpi can easily kill even Ryodan members in one clean hit or at least severely damage them. Same for Pitou.

If Feitan makes a mistake like he did against that ant queen he would be dead against the RG. He would not even get to use Pain Packer.

Riyuki

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meleoron + Phinks or Chrollo = O_O....

And if knuckle and shoot can survive for a bit against Youpi then I'm sure the troupe could lol. I guess knuckle and shoot had plot armor on though.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The Meleoron tags are just brutal, the one with Knuckle is one thing, but the other possible ones can be a even more incredible hax, imagine, Shalnark+Meleoron, Knov+Meleoron, Genthru+Meleoron, etc... It can be incredibly deadly.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Shalnark+Meleoron
I was thinking about Knov+Meleoron as overkill, but this one is even crazier !! I'm pretty sure the former combination could kill anyone and anything (get next to the target hidden by Meleoron, then Knov uses his "Scream"). Maybe that's why Togashi chose to take Knov out of the operation.

But I admit that with Shalnark the combo is even better ! If he was part of the operation, with Meleoron's ability they could've stuck the antenna on Meruem (there are many ways they could've reached him...), then it's check-mate for the ants.

Finally I believe that if there is any ability Quwrof should get, it's Meleoron's (God's accomplice). Pretty sure Quwrof can hold his breath for at least 3 minutes, so he can pull off wonders.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I was thinking about Knov+Meleoron as overkill, but this one is even crazier !! I'm pretty sure the former combination could kill anyone and anything (get next to the target hidden by Meleoron, then Knov uses his "Scream"). Maybe that's why Togashi chose to take Knov out of the operation.

But I admit that with Shalnark the combo is even better ! If he was part of the operation, with Meleoron's ability they could've stuck the antenna on Meruem (there are many ways they could've reached him...), then it's check-mate for the ants.

Finally I believe that if there is any ability Quwrof should get, it's Meleoron's (God's accomplice). Pretty sure Quwrof can hold his breath for at least 3 minutes, so he can pull off wonders.
Now imagine Meleoron+Shalnark use the antena on Meruem then have Chrollo being there to have all of his book conditions being fulfilled and stealing Meruem´s nen, by using this combo the 3 could effectively disable any nen user easily and Chrollo would get any ability he desires afterwards, a true lowest risk highest reward scenario.

I think it´s a good thing Meleoron didnt got to meet any of the spiders lol, I think Chrollo would´ve wanted to steal his ability lol, the haxed combo possibilities are real lol.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Now imagine Meleoron+Shalnark use the antena on Meruem then have Chrollo being there to have all of his book conditions being fulfilled and stealing Meruem´s nen, by using this combo the 3 could effectively disable any nen user easily and Chrollo would get any ability he desires afterwards, a true lowest risk highest reward scenario.

I think it´s a good thing Meleoron didnt got to meet any of the spiders lol, I think Chrollo would´ve wanted to steal his ability lol, the haxed combo possibilities are real lol.
Yeah exactly, but then Quwrof has to eat nen users to use Meruem's ability :XD.

But yeah, especially now that Quwrof can use two abilities, he could put the page marker on God's accomplice, and use another crazy ability on top of that lol
Moreover Quwrof is not as fragile as Meleoron (far from it actually), so it's even better !