Discussion - Paranormal Liberation War Arc - Current Events and Aftermath | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Paranormal Liberation War Arc - Current Events and Aftermath

What is the result of the war?

• Villians win and Heroes leave Japan

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Heroes Win and Villains leave Japan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Villians retreat/ go into hiding in Japan, Heroes stay in Japan and still have School

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Other? Answer below

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
At this point I am just assuming its going to go on forever. Characters have been running on fumes for an eternity now and the manga seems to think it has time to indulge toga's unhinged delusions.

animeangryfan4

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
The bgegst problem with villans winning is that if they win, EVERYONE DIES!
of course the villians not having vicotrydoes nto mean they complete lose. After all people hopes and dreams will be curshed, given that the danger of so many more. It wont suprise me if the hero society actually takes a dark turn
there will be the villian alliance
there will be the PNL front alleid with the villian alliance but also try to include the panic
the surviving heros that want to still be the heroes they are meant to be, of hope
but what if there will be another faction after this?
one that is neither PNL or the Heroes, a vigilante front that seem to follow the PNL ideals but not for freedom of using Quirks, but to defend and fight villians themselves. What if other heroes, become delusional with sparring a couple of villians have resorted to this and becomes more ruthless anti-heroes that kill any villian, including small time ones?

Either way it is apparent that there will be an aftermath that wont heal after this. What I dread more is how much the villians are actually gonna win this, even if they are repelled. Controlling peopels heart and thier insecurity and ungratefulness is very easy to do when they fail to realise
they must put thier faith in new generation.

I have hppe Deku wont become a Gon-character after this, still olding on to his ideal to protect and jsut. But I alos hoep that even if the real life society and politcs prevents academies from being worsphpped that they DECIDE for themselevs to continue. Simply cause its teh RIGHT THING TO OD. but it may even see a split in the young heroes opion.

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
hoepfully for not to much longer. I jsut want to see if there is hope to survive this

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, shigaraki is down for the count apparently so it really can't last more than a few more chapters. Overall it looks like the last bit is the final stab in the todoroki family drama.

Sereen123

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The reason I want a time skip/ have the important kids separated in different countries is because I feel like one of the biggest if not the biggest negative of My Hero is that they have WAYYYY too many characters and that Horikoshi has been giving “side characters” more screen time and development than the “main characters”. Do not get me wrong, I LOVE endeavor and Hawks and Miruko but my god. Behind Deku and Shiggy, endeavor has been given the most screen time and development. It is time for horikoshi to focus more on the main cast. Do you know that in the manga, within 290 chapters, Bakugo and Todoroki have yet to have a single 1v1 fight with an enemy. Also, if you take away his family stuff, what character development has todoroki even gotten. Bakugo didn’t do squat from chapter 120- chapter 285. This is why people say the main cast of My Hero sucks. There needs to be more focus on them. So my biggest hope is after this war, we focus more on the important “kids” and less on the “heroes”

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Best Jeanist becoming the next #1 hero is a big possibility now.

sho87

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The bgegst problem with villans winning is that if they win, EVERYONE DIES!
of course the villians not having vicotrydoes nto mean they complete lose. After all people hopes and dreams will be curshed, given that the danger of so many more. It wont suprise me if the hero society actually takes a dark turn
there will be the villian alliance
there will be the PNL front alleid with the villian alliance but also try to include the panic
the surviving heros that want to still be the heroes they are meant to be, of hope
but what if there will be another faction after this?
one that is neither PNL or the Heroes, a vigilante front that seem to follow the PNL ideals but not for freedom of using Quirks, but to defend and fight villians themselves. What if other heroes, become delusional with sparring a couple of villians have resorted to this and becomes more ruthless anti-heroes that kill any villian, including small time ones?

Either way it is apparent that there will be an aftermath that wont heal after this. What I dread more is how much the villians are actually gonna win this, even if they are repelled. Controlling peopels heart and thier insecurity and ungratefulness is very easy to do when they fail to realise
they must put thier faith in new generation.

I have hppe Deku wont become a Gon-character after this, still olding on to his ideal to protect and jsut. But I alos hoep that even if the real life society and politcs prevents academies from being worsphpped that they DECIDE for themselevs to continue. Simply cause its teh RIGHT THING TO OD. but it may even see a split in the young heroes opion.
Maybe thats for the best. The hero narrative isn't really progressing to a point where I want them to win anymore. Especially shouto against dabi, shouto meanwhile is crying and not being heroic after all thats happening. But I should have guessed as such coming from the author who has him struggle against the metal version of kirishima.

Hope this changes.

Ilyia

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
The villains lose. Maybe one or two of the villain league escape, but the rest of them get killed or get apprehended. The heroes get shamed publicly and lose their standing. The job of hero is removed and no hero is allowed to go after "villains". Instead heroes are now forced to become a part of government peace officers. Laws balances between becoming more Draconian and more anarchistic. The Liberation Army proclaim themselves a political party/government but the government refuse to acknowledge them as such and judge them as rebels/terrorist. This causes more people to join them. There is an obvious split between people where neither side can accept each other. The Liberation side is semi-lawless and a hellhole to a lot of people but the Former Hero society government is oppressive and there is even a stronger crackdown on people using quirks.

The schools are now no longer called Hero Academy and the curriculum is changed to make the students fall in line and become future government employees.

The Government take Eri into custody and forces the villain Doctor to use Eri to produce more de-quirk bullets. These bullets are used to keep people in line. If somebody is deemed a villain, they get dequirked. People that ahve "troublesome quirks" get de-quirked etc etc etc

The government set up a "Suicide Squad".

Because of all this, heroes really did disappear. Because the job hero no longer exist.
However Izuku will continue being heroic and will be a real hero despite not having it as a job.
Possibly he will be judged a villain because of this.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The villains lose. Maybe one or two of the villain league escape, but the rest of them get killed or get apprehended. The heroes get shamed publicly and lose their standing. The job of hero is removed and no hero is allowed to go after "villains". Instead heroes are now forced to become a part of government peace officers. Laws balances between becoming more Draconian and more anarchistic. The Liberation Army proclaim themselves a political party/government but the government refuse to acknowledge them as such and judge them as rebels/terrorist. This causes more people to join them. There is an obvious split between people where neither side can accept each other. The Liberation side is semi-lawless and a hellhole to a lot of people but the Former Hero society government is oppressive and there is even a stronger crackdown on people using quirks.

The schools are now no longer called Hero Academy and the curriculum is changed to make the students fall in line and become future government employees.

The Government take Eri into custody and forces the villain Doctor to use Eri to produce more de-quirk bullets. These bullets are used to keep people in line. If somebody is deemed a villain, they get dequirked. People that ahve "troublesome quirks" get de-quirked etc etc etc

The government set up a "Suicide Squad".

Because of all this, heroes really did disappear. Because the job hero no longer exist.
However Izuku will continue being heroic and will be a real hero despite not having it as a job.
Possibly he will be judged a villain because of this.
Woah, do you think Horikoshi would actually pull something like this off?