Discussion - PC Gaming or Console Gaming? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion PC Gaming or Console Gaming?

PC or Console

• Total voters

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
What do people here prefer? PC Gaming or Console Gaming? If either or both, why as well? I'm curious to see what people say because in current times, I feel that there's been an increasing amount of debate towards this topic in particular but not enough good opinions about the issue.

In personal preference, I like both, PC because it's a lot easier to play multiplayer games over platforms like Steam and Origin, and the interaction between players using Skype and Teamspeak for example is a lot simpler as well. Console because there are a lot more games which I enjoy which aren't on PC, RPGs like Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Zelda and more recently, Ni No Kuni which I really enjoy immensely, but haven't been as readily available on PC.

So yeah, do want to hear the opinions of you guys!

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
PC here...the main reason being that I've been playing with a keyboard and a mouse for a really long time and whenever I hold a controller it just seems awkward and I can't really immerse myself in the game...

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Both.

I'm using both my ps3 & my pc. It depends.

If I was a pirate, I would use the PC only but I'm one of the few guys who actually buy games. I could easily download games & don't pay for it but it's really the art for which I have the most respect. One of my friends just started his own studio with a few other people (http://loadingstudios.com/). Doing a game is incredibly hard & the community is by far the most critical you can get. An okish game will be utterly destroyed by critics. If it's not very good, you don't exist. And it's not easy to make money in the sector.

Pc got almost all advantages on consoles: easy way to pirate, good prices via steam, keyboard+mouse+gamepad if you want, top graphics if you can afford it.
Some pure PCists are actually complaining that consoles got a bad influence on PC gaming: easier games, game not as beautiful as it could be because multiplatform ...

But I still have some problems with PC gaming:
- you need to upgrade really often to keep it in top shape. A new graphic card every two-3 years.
- Massive bugs can be present in games. I once had to send my savedata to the company releasing the game in order to fix a game. They did it quite fast but it's just a fact that some games seems to have been released in a "beta" version.
- I usually spend the first two-three hours to tune graphics because of my "now-4-years-old" computer. The frame rate I get is unfortunately often questionnable.

So, for a PS3, I got some things I like:
- easy to use & when you want to play a new game, it doesn't take hours to do a setup ...
- some exclusivities are just worth it: Uncharted, God of war, ni no kuni, eternal sonata ...If you like JRPG, it's unlikely you will find what you need on a PC
- It simply works
- When you got a console, you know you're ready for several years.

I don't understand the debate "Console OR PC", why not both ?

Benelori >> For me it's just the opposite. A gamepad is more confortable for me :).

Last edited:

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
PC Gaming or Console Gaming?

I need to go easy on that vid. I keep using it for everything these days...

Anyway, I enjoy both, though I am slightly more inclined towards console gaming since I prefer playing with a controler held by my hands. There are a lot of games I couldn't imagine playing on a PC: JRPGs, Action games, Fighters, Platformers, etc... Though at the same time I'd much rather play Shooters, WRPGs, RTS's, and first person games in general on the PC. I've always played on both (as well as handhelds which are awesome too), the only difference between them being that I own a lot more console games rather than PC games (I used to pirate the latter a lot in the past). Lately I've been playing a lot more on the PC due to not having any room for my TV in my apartment in Lisbon, though whenever I'm back home during the holidays I enjoy some well-due console gaming :).

Last edited by a moderator:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, I prefer console gaming. Controls over keyboards and mouse all the way! On top of that there is the economic side. PC gaming is extremely expensive. A laptop which could do just about any job you could want is generally not that expensive to begin with. If you want a gaming laptop then you actually have to pay for something significantly more expensive. Even if you go for a stationary computer it would still be extremely expensive. I mean, usually a laptop in between 400 and 800 dollars will do just about everything you would ever need however if you want to pc game with all the graphics and whatnot then you are not really going to do with less than a 1000 stationary computer (and an equivalent laptop would be A LOT more expensive). In turn a console is priced between 300 and 450 dollars. To boot the computer or laptop you would hypothetically have spent a huge amount of money on will invariably be obsolete in two or three years while a console generally lasts about 5 or so years. There are a lot of great PC games but costwise consoles make more sense IMO unless I really am missing some other aspects of what it actually costs to game with either.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd say both simply because it's two different experiences.

When I do PC gaming I do it at a desk with a full desktop setup. It's impressive it's satisfying but it's inherently different from sitting on a couch or recliner and playing ps3 with a controller in my hand. I like both for different situations. If I'm hanging out or looking for the most relaxing experience I go console. If I'm looking for an intense and all consuming gaming experience I go with PC.

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
PC gaming for most things.

RPGs and 4 player games (with ma bros, whenever they visit) on the PS3 / xbox 360.

Also, super smash bros for 4 players once in a while too =)

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
PC gaming. I don't have a 'gaming PC' as they call it. I game on my old laptop. I have to set everything to low (graphics) and it would still stutter from time to time. But I just can't handle a controller too well. Games without the instant-180-degree-turn mechanic would usually spell death for me. I've tried Biohazard demos on PS3, and the aiming is sooooo damn slow. Things like Dead Space, a mouse would be so much easier instead of slowly turning to face your death. I probably just suck at aiming in general especially for GTAV, but that's exactly why I prefer the mouse.

And yes, I run everything on low, from Skyrim to Hitman Absolution, but it's a compromise I'm very used to already. An expensive 'gaming PC' is not necessary for me.

markpaul

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am with Xbox for the game play and the latest game on Xbox is acheter titanfall.

Last edited: