Shoujo - Peach Girl by Ueda Miwa | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Peach Girl by Ueda Miwa

Yumi-Chan

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Well, I havn't seen the whole anime yet, but I'm still downloading. :tem
I personally prefer the anime over the manga; the styles are quite different.

Anyways, it's about a girl called Momo-chan, her problem is that she has always been in a swimming class which made her pretty tanned. She has been im love with a guy names Touji for a very long time now.
Though her best "friend", Sae is literally a bitch. ^^;; She doing EVERYTHING to make them split up because "everything she can't have, none else can :p" She doesn't even like Toiji. xD

It's quite the anime you get stuck in :)

You can download it at:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/542.html

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Peach Girl discussion

Cool, do you happen to know how Peach Girl got its start, anime or manga? ( Usually the original incarnation of a story is usually the best )

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The whole thing sounds like a good shoujo story so I think I'm gonna check the manga out (if there is one). :p

SilvaShado

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

I found that Tokyopop is releasing the manga. Here's the link: http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=PGL&categorycode=BMG

It's kinda hard to tell how many volumes there are... 8 or 10. It's kinda confusing on the website.

But at any rate, it doesn't look like the kinda story I go for. I don't usually care for bittersweet dramas. I tend to go for the more humurous romances.

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I read some of it by now and I think it's a good Shoujo read.
It has a typical love triangle with a struggling main character. Nice story but nothing amazing.
I find it a bit weird that Momo is seen as a partygirl and thus slightly unpopular only because she is so tanned. It's obvious that this is an exaggeration on the mangaka's part but even so I consider it a weird characteristic in Japanese society....

Ruri

I've been reading the manga for some time (but I haven't seen the anime yet), and I adore Peach Girl. It's one of my favorite Shoujo titles, actually. ^.^ The story is really fun to follow, and sucks you in completely. One of the things I've noticed while reading it is how much I care for the main character, Momo. I feel a strong sympathy for her, so when Sae attacks her, I get angry as hell, and when something good happens to Momo, I'm just as happy as she is.

This is a great series, and has everything I want in a Shoujo manga. I'd recommend it to anyone. ^_^

newyorkchick

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

i like it wow i would luv luv luv to read it and yea what a bitch i cant believe a friend would do that well i dont think they would to me ..... i think i should double check about me

renrutal

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Peach Girl gets very boring after the Nth time Sae attacks Momo, the Nth time Kairi tries to insert himself in the relationship and after the Nth time Touji and Momo get together(after they separe for the Nth time)... It's pretty much the same cycle all the time.

This obsession in ruining Momo's life is so... stupidly unrealistic.

Dunno if it gets better after the 6th/7th volume. If not, go read Hana-Kimi, it's much better.