Discussion - People Don't Like Boruto Due to Nostalgia Bias and Fear of Change Bias | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion People Don't Like Boruto Due to Nostalgia Bias and Fear of Change Bias

VioletVector

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Mangahelpers,

I think Boruto is underrated as a series because the majority of people on the internet say it's bad.

Why do they say it's bad? Personally, I think there are two major reasons, but they do not actually make sense.

Major Reasons

1. Nostalgia Bias: The Nostalgia Effect is a cognitive bias where people tend to recall the past more fondly than the present, often remembering things better than they actually were.

2. Fear of Change Bias: The fear of change or changing things is called Metathesiophobia. It is often linked with Tropophobia which is the fear of moving.

Conclusion: Boruto is a good series worth reading, but the majority of Naruto readers have Nostalgia Bias and a Fear of Change Bias that makes them refuse to give it a chance.

Personal Note: I think Boruto is awesome 👍😎

Call to Action: Read Boruto: Two Blue Vortex. Read it before it starts being the cool thing to do because we all know it's eventually going to be super popular despite what people are saying about it currently.

Last edited: