Pinoy Community v. 18 | Page 98 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
re: Alcohol allergy- I used to be allergic to alcohol in my early teens (hives), but it eventually subsided when I turned 18...my feet still itch when I drink beer though, that's why I stick to hard liquor. :derp

re: Monster- I never bothered reading it, but Del Toro has never disappointed in the past, so I'm quite confident that he'll bring justice to it.

@Hunt- Yeah, I decided to watch it on my own earlier. I had to stomach a dumbass couple to my right that kept on talking (the guy had to keep on explaining shit since he didn't bother to educate his girlfriend) and an old cunt, two seats to my left (the one seated to my left was a nice piece of jailbait...well, she struck me as jailbait), that kept on using his BRIGHTLY LIT smart phone throughout the movie... I should have bought the seats to my left and right, at least one of two problems wouldn't have happened...but i only have so much money to spend...

Last edited:

hunter71485

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
where did you watch? and at what time? dumbass couple sounds very much like a couple i know of.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I watched it at Alabang Town Center. Shit, I even went to the mall before opening, just to make sure that I got a good seat...fucking backfired on me.

EDIT: Who the fuck watches the third installment of a trilogy, without watching the first two movies anyway??? That's just begging to be confused and annoyed throughout the showing.

re:SnK- The first 3 subbed eps are up on tpb!

Last edited:

hunter71485

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
lol i watched DKR in the movie house, was too hipster to watch BB and TDK then. (OF course, downloaded 'em after a while)

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Then how will you take the news that Guillermo Del Toro is possibly making Monster into a series with HBO???

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546540
Di ko pa nababasa ang Monster.
Wala akong pakialam sa mga adaptation. Mas mahalaga pa rin sa'kin ang original, Manga. Satisfied na ako sa manga.

--

Speaking of Iron Man 3. Bumisita yung kapatid at kaibigan ng isa dun sa mga designer sa Designing Section sa Post Office na pinag-oojthan ko. Nagkwentuhan sila tungkol dun. Spoilers shit!!! :gwah

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

If you think I deserve to win, please vote for me. Thank you!
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showt...rs-Art-Contest-Week-27-28-Poems-Lyrics-Dream!

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
re: Monster- I never bothered reading it, but Del Toro has never disappointed in the past, so I'm quite confident that he'll bring justice to it.
Di ko pa nababasa ang Monster.
Wala akong pakialam sa mga adaptation. Mas mahalaga pa rin sa'kin ang original, Manga. Satisfied na ako sa manga.
I only watched the 82-episode anime. Which was awesome and to-the-letter, IMO. I tried reading the manga and realized it was exactly the same as the anime so I dropped it after the first volume. not saying that it aint good, I just couldn't stand reading a suspense when I already know what was going to happen.

that said, Monster is an awesome piece of work.

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
re: Alcohol allergy- I used to be allergic to alcohol in my early teens (hives), but it eventually subsided when I turned 18...my feet still itch when I drink beer though, that's why I stick to hard liquor. :derp
that's the spirit, brother! :derp

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

effin' gives you the option to View Results, and then gives you this shit: The results in this poll are hidden.

why effin' bother?

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
"To Have You" by FaustXIII

D A
It's hard to have a slumber,
D G A
Especially when all you can get is a nightmare.
D A
It's hard to fight in the darkness,
D G A
When your only weapon is consciousness
D A
It's hard to risk everything on what you see,
D G A
And failed to recognize the reality.

D A
I sleep because I want to dream,
D G A
Dream about you or the triumph of my favorite team.
D A
Interact to those who passed away,
D G A
Or just see unexpected things and play.

D A
I don't care on what they say
D G A
To be with you is what I always pray.
D A
And in my dreams it was granted
D G A
To be with you my beloved.

Repeat 2x

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I voted for you :D and didn't check the others' entries... hehe.

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hey everyone.

anyone watched iron man 3 yet?

stark gets that piece of shrapnel removed by surgical operation. in the original source (the comics), it was a heart transplant.
was this the transplant changing the round heart with the current triangle heart?

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

haha same here! at least intact pa rin pananalig ko sa gawa mo :D

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
ugh! can't wait for ariel winter to be legal. 3 more years...

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Then how will you take the news that Guillermo Del Toro is possibly making Monster into a series with HBO???

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546540

From wiki:
Monster, Live Action Film
New Line Cinema acquired the rights for an American live action film adaptation of the series. Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Josh Olson (noted for his work on the 2005 American/German crime-thriller film A History of Violence) was hired to write the screenplay. Although the studio planned a 2009 release,[25][26] it is unknown when (or if) the film will be released.

Napanood mo na toh?

Last edited by a moderator:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Last edited by a moderator:

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Oh lol, only 5 mins and it already manages to be better than "Smallville with arrows".

EDIT

GAH! The 4th ep of SnK is taking too long...This is normally why I wait for shows to finish at least one season before I start watching them, but I couldn't help it (I could read the manga, but I prefer to stick to the medium that I first experience new stories in, like how I don't watch the Naruto anime, and how I don't read One Piece).

Last edited:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
@l4pb
- LOL "Smallville with arrows" haha nice one! :)

re: Thousand Pounds
- these guys are amazing! yes, given that i got hooked since i first saw their dreamer's fight installments, but the rate at which they're improving has made a believer out of me. and with the upcoming Clandestine Path series, who knows, right? Machinima might house the series for them. that's how good they are :)

re: GAH!
- totally agree with you! like how i only read One Piece, dropped Naruto and Bleach anime, and can't seem to pick up the pace on the HxH manga since the anime keeps pulling me back.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Haha, well that's what "Arrow" is since it's the brainchild of the guys responsible for Smallville. It's so bad that DC didn't allow them to use the Green Arrow name since it might hurt the title.

mangadictus

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
@l4pb
- what do you think would have been if they did?

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
DC regretted allowing Smallville to happen, but they needed the money to keep afloat, and it's probably the same reason as to why they allowed Arrow to happen. Not letting the producers/writers/execs use "Superman" and "Green Arrow" is their way of "saving" (I used quotation marks because it's not really doing much to save anything) the names from humiliation and ridicule by their loyal fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.