Discussion - Pizza Toppings: Which Do you Like? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Pizza Toppings: Which Do you Like?

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Let's discuss about this divine food that almost everyone in the western world like:
Pizza and its tops.

[hrbb]-[/hrbb]

So, i think almost everyone likes the plain pizza, dough + tomato sauce + muzzarella cheese.
But what about the variations?

I have a wide range of preferences on the top (always with muzzarela):
- bacon (alone or with canned corn)
- boiled eggs
- sausage
- other types of cheese (parmesan, gorgonzola, provolone, etc)
- shrimps
- tuna or sardines
- chicken
- banana
- goiabada (brazilian dessert)
- mushrooms
- ham

They can be alone or mixed like mushrooms+ham.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Which pizza tops you like?

Spinach, tomatoes, and any kind of cheese under the sun!

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

I sometimes like pineapple and sometimes extra cheese, but I prefer plain. Extra cheese makes pizza weaker/more bendy, so that makes me sad. I add garlic, oregano, and Parmesan cheese to my pizza.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Pepperoni, ham, bacon, sausage, green pepper, onion and garlic. My breath wreaks after pizza >.>

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I don't really like ham as a topping on my pizza. Weird? :(
Anyway, I love to have mushrooms, onion, and green pepper/red pepper on top of my pizza. With the three of them, I think I can eat any kind of toppings. For meat, I prefer chicken or fish over beef or ham. I also like corns on it. Too much cheese made me want to like vomit the food, so I refrain from using excessive cheese. If possible, use no cheese at all.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Well, as usual it is easier to say stuff I don't like lol. Olives, mushrooms, those little fish (cant seem to remember the name).....

I like peppers (all colors), parmesan as extra cheese, tomato, ham, pepperoni, meat, onions, more kinds of cheese if at all possible, wouldn't complain if there was sausage.... had salmon pizza once, can't say I did not love it. I could work my way around a zucchini too lol. Eggs would be weird but I can't say it would be bad (pizza is good and so are eggs so why wouldn't it work together). Anyone ever had a chocolate pizza lol?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Anyone ever had a chocolate pizza lol?
:o

I wonder how it tasted like. To have my two favorite foods combined like that would be a fun journey to try. :XD

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Anyone ever had a chocolate pizza lol?
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :drool
But since it didn't have cheese, i left it out of the list.
Here it is a pic i took a while ago before devoring this one with M&M's and chantilly along with chocolate.

I didn't list onions and peppers cause that's just seasoning for me. I like to grill onions and mix it with sausage or bacon. I like cherry tomatoes but not normal tomatoes slices on pizza.
I never tried pizza with spinach on top or any other leaf.

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear

Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Pineapples, Bell Pepper, Onions plus many many (whatever) cheese it is. I also love those seafood pizzas with shrimps, squids, etc.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Well, chocholate pizza is basically the doubt with chocholate and powered sugar on top, I did not mean to grab an actual pizza and top it with milky ways or something lol. I also had caramel pizza some time ago, good stuff.

One of the more memorable pizza's I ever had was called "the cannibal pizza". It was basically topped with a number of different types of meat and ham..... I have also had pizza with barbecue sause and steak lol.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria

salami, ham and button mushroom usually, sometimes with jalapenos, no clue about the cheese :D occasionally I like a tuna pizza or one with minced meat too, but the best ones are still selfmade with all kinds of toppings, even though it's straying much from the original simple Pizza Margherita >,<
I know about the existence of ananas on top, which we call pizza hawaii here, but I try to ignore it, just doesn't suit right for me

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I like the good ol pizza margharita but there are quite some nice variations too:

- bacon and mushrooms
- salami :zomg
- tuna
- 5 cheese (a mix of 5 different sorts of cheese, dunno which kinds exactly)

Like Akainu I don't really like pizza hawaii, it just doesn't fit on a pizzy in my opinion <_<

himitsu87

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kuwait

I love the pizza topping to include different types of cheese including goat cheese <3.

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock

I don't really like ham as a topping on my pizza. Weird? :(
Anyway, I love to have mushrooms, onion, and green pepper/red pepper on top of my pizza. With the three of them, I think I can eat any kind of toppings. For meat, I prefer chicken or fish over beef or ham. I also like corns on it. Too much cheese made me want to like vomit the food, so I refrain from using excessive cheese. If possible, use no cheese at all.
Is that possible? Unless its a Roman pizza, which is different. I think its because the melting cheese keeps the bread base moist.

But of course there are other Italian and Mediterranean flatbreads such as focaccia for those of us who don't like or use cheese, and I'm good at baking those.

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I don't eat pizza often, but when I do I usually like it pretty plain with just cheese and probably pineapple and peppers; it'd have to be vegetarian. Really like just a cheese pizza though =w=

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States

Geez, this thread is making me hungry :drool

I love extra cheese pizza. Also beef, pepperoni, ham, chicken, steak, sausage and bacon......Oh, and with BBQ sauce on top

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States

Geez, this thread is making me hungry :drool

I love extra cheese pizza. Also beef, pepperoni, ham, chicken, steak, sausage and bacon......Oh, and with BBQ sauce on top
I've never tried "BBQ Sauce" on pizza before, but I am interested now. Especially with the meat toppings you've suggested.

BioCorpInc

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

I have used a sweet bbq instead of marinara for the sauce in the middle and put pineapples, raw purple onion, mozzarella, diced sausage, and then I added mangoes after it cooled.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I had a "carnivorous" pizza the other day. Around 5 different types of meat. While the pizza was delicious (and I am quite sure a piece of my liver simply evaporated as I ate) it did not quite agree with my stomach (5 hours later I could still taste the pizza, which was well, unpleasant to say the least).

lunacat

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria

extra cheese; lots of vegies, looooooots of parsley and mashrooms (i don't like much meat in my pizza :p)