First Round - Pluto vs. Edens Zero | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Pluto vs. Edens Zero

Who wins?

• Pluto

• Edens Zero

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Pluto
Naoki Urasawa
-
Edens Zero
Hiro Mashima

Rules- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it
Special Rules- We proudly encourage you to share the best pics of your Manga!
- Earn the possibility to win a badge by being the proudest Mangalover around!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here we are once more my brother and sisters. We stand at the beginning of a long journey. A journey to give Mashima's masterpiece the credit it deserves and to usher us into a new era of wondrous shounen prosperity. I'm speaking, of course, of...

Now for those of you reading this series I don't have to say anything. You know how good it is. You know that it represents a refinement of what Fairly Tail and Rave Master were while smoothing out some of the wrinkles that left a sour taste for some. It is one part Fairy Tail, one part One Piece, one part cosmic space adventure.

It wears it's legacy on it's sleeve. Making no effort to hide the call backs and inspiration it takes from the best parts of the previous series. With Plue and Happy and many familiar faces with fun twists. It actually makes you look forward to the next character introduction just to see what Mashima is going to do next. It might be something new or it might be something familiar but it's always entertaining and often with emotional depth that will catch you off guard.

Vote for fun! Vote for the future!

Vote for Eden Zero!

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
It's hard,one the one hand we have our friend Jammin who nominated EZ which is a rising star.On the other we have Pluto which is a masterpiece and one of my favourites.Difficult.I need some time to think.

The one who laugh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Syria
So how is the friendship power in this manga is it broken as FT if it is then it will be harder to convince me to vote for it :hmph

But I will see some chapters from Pluto to see what it is about :heh

Venom

Reaction score
Country
India
So how is the friendship power in this manga is it broken as FT if it is then it will be harder to convince me to vote for it :hmph

I hvent seen any Frndship power yet in this manga:derpthis mangas mcs motivation is his will power like if others can do it he can do it as well :bishie

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'd say the "friendship power" isn't as strong as Fairy Tail for sure. I highly recommend reading the first chapter for any who are curious as I think you'll find it sets a different tone than you might be expecting. Specifically I think you'll find it more bittersweet than you'd think.

Shiki, the main character, is a boy who was raised in an abandoned robot theme park planet by the robots there and no humans at all. Rebecca, the girl, is something like a futuristic youtuber who goes to the abandoned park in the hopes of finding something to do a good video about. Where she meets Shiki and, after some hi-jinks, has lots of fun.

Until all the robots turn on Shiki and Rebecca and try to steal her space ship so they can escape the abandoned world in a pretty dark turn. He then fights his way through the only family he's ever known and escapes with Rebecca. And as he's flying away it's revealed that they were all nearing the end of their life cycle and wanted to save him from staying there while they die. And, as he flies off, they all collapse and die.

So that's much heavier than most of what Fairy Tail does right out of the gate.

Last edited:

The one who laugh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Syria
I'd say the "friendship power" isn't as strong as Fairy Tail for sure. I highly recommend reading the first chapter for any who are curious as I think you'll find it sets a different tone than you might be expecting. Specifically I think you'll find it more bittersweet than you'd think.

Shiki, the main character, is a boy who was raised in an abandoned robot theme park. Rebecca, the girl, is something like a futuristic youtuber who goes to the park in the hopes of finding something to do a good video about. Where she meets Shiki and has lots of fun.

Until all the robots turn on Shiki and Rebecca and try to steal her space ship in a pretty dark turn. He then fights his way out and escapes with Rebecca. And as he's flying away it's revealed that they were all nearing the end of their life cycle and wanted to save him from staying there while they die. And as he flies off they all collapse and die.

So that's much heavier than most of what Fairy Tail does right out of the gate.
Hmm interesting I guess I have some mangas I have to read to make choice this will be long night :8C

immblueversion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm interesting I guess I have some mangas I have to read to make choice this will be long night :8C
I don't want to go into too many details, but Mashima also came up with a nice, refreshingly clean spin on time shenanigans in this series; that was the bit that completely sold me. Nothing like the chaotically timey-wimey mess that capped off the Grand Magic Games.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah POF is not a part of this series, it's unfair to talk about POF in this series.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jams, I love you, but at least at this point you're used with me taking a different path from yours alrdy, right o/
It's alright Farf. I completely understand. Poor Pino though, she's crushed...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You don't wanna know what was my first thought after reading Pino's crushed ç.ç
I'm legitimately afraid to ask for some reason.:notsure

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Fairy Tail had terrible writing in its final arcs, I checked Eden's Zero first chapter out of curiosity and it was the same kind of bad. Dont know if it picked up a little now but I can't possibly vote for it as of now.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't even read Pluto, but it still way too early to give Eden's Zero any props. And I say this as someone who's liking the direction the series is currently going.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Voting Pluto,Eden's Zero is still too "young" to compare and rate it against Finished and praised Works,i like reading it though.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't even read Pluto, but it still way too early to give Eden's Zero any props. And I say this as someone who's liking the direction the series is currently going.
Voting Pluto,Eden's Zero is still too "young" to compare and rate it against Finished and praised Works,i like reading it though.
Early and young... perhaps but that's all the more reason to celebrate what it is and to celebrate what it will continue to be for a long time to come. At least that's what I think.:pleased
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Besides if Pluto was so good how come @goldb is a no show? This manga inspires some real passion apparently.:-_-

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fairy Tail had terrible writing in its final arcs, I checked Eden's Zero first chapter out of curiosity and it was the same kind of bad. Dont know if it picked up a little now but I can't possibly vote for it as of now.
It gets much better. ;)

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I am rather curious about Edens Zero because of the apparent positive reactions but because of FT I am not sure if I should read it or not. I was not too bothered by FT's writing anyway( AFAIR in the anime at least) but it's a 6/10 at best to me. I think it was better at the beginning though.

Rave was Mashima's better series IMO. If maybe 10 volumes later the reactions about Edens Zero are still good maybe I will read it.

I read Pluto and it was pretty good, not that outstanding though. Will decide later, Bob hasn't posted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.