Theory - Possible Origins of the Shinigami - "M the Mirror" or "N the Negative" | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Possible Origins of the Shinigami - "M the Mirror" or "N the Negative"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee.J.Baxter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I'm opening this thread to discuss yet another possibility of the origins of the Soul King and the Shinigami. This one's going by the fact that there are 3 Sternritter members that we haven't seen yet, and the currently unknown letters "M" and "N" (the other unknown epithets may fit this theory too, I just can't think of names that would fit); of course, this theory could be blown to bits once we've seen the 3 remaining members, but I thought I'd post it as a valid and possible theory. First of all, let me talk you through a couple of key points of the theory where I believe TK has deliberately (and cleverly) misleading us!!!

Practically EVERYONE here is under the impression that Yhwach is relatively young when compared to the Soul King; the question is, why? Perhaps it's because he doesn't appear otherworldly, or maybe it's because of the people we saw gathered around him when he was a baby, but I'm not buying it whatsoever!!! Yhwach and the Soul King are polar opposites of each other at the molecular level, and opposite forces are usually born together; one doesn't exist without the other! We all know about the Sealed King's song of Quincy folklore, don't we? After 900 years he regains his pulse, after another 90 he would rega...wait...regain his pulse?!?!

I remember watching a film a few years back called "Jeepers Creepers", which featured a monster that would feed off people to repair its damaged body parts...the thing is, you could literally take a shotgun and blow this thing to pieces (head included), and it would just enter a dormant state for a while before awakening and feeding again; I'm willing to bet that Yhwach has the same kind of ability, where he's technically immortal (and I don't mean "immortal" as in "he'll live unless you blow his head off"; I mean he's REALLY immortal), and he just goes into a dormant state if he suffers serious damage (again, including if his head's blown off).

Now, if this wasn't creepy enough, I think there's something we weren't told about Yhwach's birth, and that is that he was born...well...medically dead; we were told he was born without the ability to see, hear, taste, smell, touch or move, but what we weren't told is that he couldn't think or breathe either, until a few thousand or so years later that is!

Okay, so it's possible that Yhwach may have been alive a LOT longer than we thought, but how does that explain where the Soul King came from? Did he suddenly pop up out of thin air just because Yhwach was born? Well, in my past theories I didn't really speculate that far, but now I'm going to! First of all though, I'll need to offer my theory regarding how the 26 Epithets work...

My theory is that every single Human soul in existence is born with a fragment of a particular type of power within them that determines subtle personality traits and strengths amongst other things; these powers are divided into 26 specific types, and are each given a letter that corresponds with that power. For example, one person's soul might contain a tiny fragment of power type "V" that makes them highly imaginative, whilst another might contain a tiny fragment of power type "S" that makes them achieve well when cheered on by others. Some of these powers are expressed very subtly, such as "E" giving an individual a volatile temper. From time to time, a soul is born with a slightly larger fragment of this power; an individual with a slightly larger fragment of type "P" may be able to perform unusual feats of strength, whereas an individual with a slightly larger fragment of type "H" might be able to set flammable objects on fire if they really focus (of course, this would be dismissed as a magic trick by anybody witnessing this).

Now, Yhwach, like everyone else, was born with a fragment of power; his was type "A". The only thing is Yhwach's fragment was not only slightly bigger than usual, it was abnormally bigger, thus it manifested at a much higher level. This power gave Yhwach his initial ability to pass on parts of his soul to others and in doing so eventually gain their knowledge and abilities...including their fragment of power. As time went by, Yhwach's "A" allowed him to accumulate the fragments taken from others, allowing him to manifest those powers at a high level too! Also, due to his ability to distribute his soul to others, he could hand off the powers to others with the same type of fragment; in other words, he could turn the little magic tricks of someone with "H" into the powers that Bazz-B has now!

Okay, enough beating around the bush; now one of the sets of powers (probably given the letter "M" or "N") allows an individual to be a mirror image or negative of another. One day a certain snotty-nosed little brat with a tendency to act and do differently from everyone else (it's not really his fault, it's just the "M" or "N" that he was born with) went to the vegetable baby Yhwach for some miracle healing, and got more than just a miracle! Somehow, that individual managed to receive not only part of Yhwach's soul, but a large chunk of his power type; this in turn turned the insignificant little rebel into something the polar opposite of the baby he just touched...Sternritter "M the Mirror" (or "N the Negative"), or as we refer to him, the Soul King!!!

Lee.J.Baxter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please register to see the content of this post.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

Lee.J.Baxter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Lee.J.Baxter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

devstauk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.