Anime - PoT Filler Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime PoT Filler Discussion

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea the thing was they tried to combine the aspects..

Examples, some screw things up

-Ryoma still showed up from Flushing Meadows as opposed to being there
-Mr. Inoue says Ryoma debuted COOL drive at the USO as opposed to against Sanada
-Oishi is surprised to see Tezuka at the nationals draw ceremony despite him coming back at the end of the series
-Apparently the german inginuity wasn't enough and Tezuka went to kyushu anyway
-Kaido used Yagyus laser in the flashback..wait dont they mean golf swing >_>
-Inui and Kaido know what FuuRinKaZan is..wait i could swear it was invisible swing and server? >_>
-Because of their filler Tezuka VS Fuji match ova 23 was basically episodes 174-176..

Oh and the worst filler offender was Ryoma..who's a pretty cold and aloof 12 year old..crying as he thanked him Senpai and beats the holy hell out of Tezuka...befoe thrashing his next victim Lleyton Hewitt.

JyAZ

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea the thing was they tried to combine the aspects..

Examples, some screw things up

-Ryoma still showed up from Flushing Meadows as opposed to being there
-Mr. Inoue says Ryoma debuted COOL drive at the USO as opposed to against Sanada
-Oishi is surprised to see Tezuka at the nationals draw ceremony despite him coming back at the end of the series
-Apparently the german inginuity wasn't enough and Tezuka went to kyushu anyway
-Kaido used Yagyus laser in the flashback..wait dont they mean golf swing >_>
-Inui and Kaido know what FuuRinKaZan is..wait i could swear it was invisible swing and server? >_>
-Because of their filler Tezuka VS Fuji match ova 23 was basically episodes 174-176..

Oh and the worst filler offender was Ryoma..who's a pretty cold and aloof 12 year old..crying as he thanked him Senpai and beats the holy hell out of Tezuka...befoe thrashing his next victim Lleyton Hewitt.
Ya. There's a lot of filler crap that messed up my knowledge of PoT since the manga should be more accurate. I sometimes forget that Ryoma still hasn't beaten Tezuka and Tezuka still hasn't beaten Fuji. Which reminds me... Echizen obviously came back from the USO quickly enough to make it to nationals... so wtf were they crying about before?

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
so wtf were they crying about before?
Thats what happens when you don't plan ahead lol, they probably didn't think OVA's would be requested

javimgol

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think Boxing Sengoku wasn´t a bad idea.
But the matches against the US Team were ridiculous, why the fucking hell the 3 best singles player of Tokyo (Atobe, Sanada and Ryoma) didn't play a singles match VS US (well, Ryoma finally did). And why Bunta-Jackal or Nioh-Yagyyu, the very best doubles of Tokyo, weren´t even in the regulars (I should say that Oshitari-Kikumaru wasn´t bad, and they after commented Yakiniku!)

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm..what about...jump hadoukyuu? Final hadoukyuu - greater than Gin's 108th style in anime, and 40th+ in manga? Dragon Cyclone Smash in the film Prince of Tennis: First Game? Anybody remembers Atobe's party? Twist Serve tornado?

Apparently Oshitari copied Atobe's tannhauser serve (anime or manga can't remember), can anybody confirm it? Also anybody who knows japanese tell me what the gay pair told Gin when he was playing double match in Another Story against tensai pair? Wish I knew japanese.

Plus Kajimato had a faster serve than Ootori before Seigakus played jyousei.

Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Plus Kajimato had a faster serve than Ootori before Seigakus played jyousei.
Not a mistake. Kajimoto is just that badass.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States