Preliminary Round! (Group 2) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Preliminary Round! (Group 2)

Which two will advance?

• Urouge

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Smoker

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Jinbe

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
:sanji:sanji:sanji:sanji:sanji

Urouge
Boa Sandersonia
Smoker
Jinbe
Group 2

:franky:franky:franky:franky:franky

Last edited by a moderator:

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Technically... Smoker can only be touched by Jinbei and Sandersonia
And it doesn't seem that Urouge knows Haki as far as we've seen... But then again, Sandersonia didn't seem that " strong " to me either as Luffy before the timeskip beat her and her sister with relative ease...

Sandersonia I guess

khaja_200923

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
easy one! even though mad monk may have advantage of mad brute muscles he is a slowpoke and sandersonia can win him over with speed and haki and techinically zoan DF enhances one's physical abilities and gives them new forms. and uroge's paramecia DF also does the same thing of enhancing his muscles on wholly another level except without gaining new forms and decreasing his speed by huge muscles restricting his free movements....
so! i'll definitively go for mad monk..
by the way are we not supposed to write our opinions here?, since i haven't seen anyone else comments on their opinions. if yes please do tell i will delete my post..

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mmm, this is a toughy, but I'm probably going to have to go with Zehahaha's reasoning. So Sandersonia.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Boa without any doubt.
We got a supernova, a shishbukai & a top marine who is a logia. Boa is simply not playing in the same category.
Haki is not enough to overcome her overall weakness

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Uruoge can throw far away a Pacifista... Painfully, Sandersonia is out, such a cutie :(

Duzy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Urouge may well have been stronger than Luffy pre time skip from what we have seen. Sandersonia.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting set up for this group.

I think naturally Smoker would have a face off with Jinbei and Urouge with Sandersonia.

Sandersonia could definitely inflict some damage to the other three. She has a good df ability and haki trained to defend well against the other three opponents. Urouge would go for pure brute strength (tbh, that's all we've seen him use in his fights so far) to overcome the other charatcers. I think this would be his downfall though. I can't see him winning this. Smoker may be a logia and that's probably a "unique" advantage if you like in this situation but I reckon Jinbei and Sander could cause problems for good old smokey. I can imagine them temporarily teaming up to defeat smoker (I'm not suggesting that they couldn't do it by themselves). I would picture the final bout in this round to be a face off against Jinbei and Sandersonia. This fight would last much longer imo. Jinbei's attributes as a fishman will aid him considerably in this fight to fend off Sandersonia's mass raid of attacks.

I will go for Jinbei! :p (The winner)

Urouge as the loser.

joshua019

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going to assume pre time skip strength for this one as the last time we saw Urouge is prior to time skip, so I think Urouge will lose cuz his attacks are all physical with out any haki, plus he needs to get beat up 1st b4 he can use his strength.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Boa Sandersonia is just an underlying. luffy could beat her before the timeskip just with the 2nd gear and i don't think she made some progress during the 2 years

Urouge we didn't didn't hear about him since the timeskip, and before that he was far from being the strongest of the rookie. But he's still a captain and have been introduced as a super rookie. And as the others i bet he made a lot of progress in the NW.

So yeah sandersonia loose without a doubt

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Smoker kicks the bucket. Luffy had G2 to defeat Sandersonia, but I don't see how Smoker would become fast enough to make his Jutte connect while Sandersonia performs her snake dance...

GomuGomu_Getsuga

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only reason Luffy defeat the sisters was because of his burst of Haki and Gear 2nd. I'd say the Sky Island native loses it.

Junior

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'd stop short of saying that's the only reason Luffy won..

Snake chick is impressive but she got shoved in a bad pool. She could probably take Urogue but Smoker and Jimbei are the final two even if she manages to lose.

Smoker has gotten amazingly powerful but I don't think he can stand to Jimbei. Jimbei doesn't even need Haki to take him down if he can "manipulate the water that exists in all bodies". Couple that with his Fishman Karate? I can't help but lean towards Smoker getting handled.

It wouldnt be "easy" but Jimbei overcomes Smoker in the end for the win. The other two are pretty much fodder IMO.

A lot better than the first round.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
are you guys joking??? :blink ,jinbe wins even fighting all of those 3 at the same time.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
hory shit :fail . well,at least I had voted just in this thread,well I think boa loses.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Urouge is going down.
He is just among the weakest Supernovas. I believe before timeskip Zoro might have taken him down, so I don't see how Urouge can be a real opponent for these guys. And Sandersonia should be the one who goes to the next round with Jimbei and Smoker.;)

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
even Ace couldn't defeat Jimbei, the rookie have no chance. And for smoker he was only good in part 1 cuz people didn't know Haki there plus his stick is useless against jimbei

so jimbei winner

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
1. Jimbei. He is currently the strongest fishman and his speciality Fishman Karate is just insanely strong against most of the opponents as it uses water and especially why it's so fearsome is the usage of water in air and in human body itself, so as Jimbei is the best master of Fishman Karate, then he will perform this skill at an insanely high degree. He was able to tie with Ace long ago just with his Fishman Karate and now even after Luffy powered-up so much it still seems that Luffy is a bit weaker than Jimbei, so he seems to be the strongest in this group.
2. Smoker. He was strong in the first half of manga as practically noone knew about Haki, so he easily managed to defeat his opponents as he only relied on his DF to do this. As the only thing in which he bested Luffy before timeskip was his DF being Logia as in speed, raw power and reaction he was considerably lower than Luffy, so I doubt he can handle Jimbei for long as he lost to Law quite easily. Still he wins against Urouge as the guy was one of the weakest Supernovas and he doesn't have a chance against ex-Shichibukai and current Vice Admiral.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jinbei; Knight of the Sea!!! :shakefist

Very strong fighter with a lot of experience. I don't want to repeat what's already been said. I pretty much agree with most of the comments about Jinbei. =)

Second fighter has to be Smoker! Urouge is all about brute strength so far and until that changes I'm going to write him off in this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.