Preliminary Round! (Group 23) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Preliminary Round! (Group 23)

Which two will advance?

• Hody Jones

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Hotori

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Nami

Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At present however I look at it there is no chance Nami could take down Hodi. Whether it's on land or not. Sure her lightning attacks will have an effect and cause some damage to Hodi but he'll still be too fast for her. Even those simple water burst droplets will pierce through her easily. I can't see how she'll defend against them. Maybe a few untied knots of that wind rope would help but not for long. Oh and she could use her mirage technique to confuse hodi for a bit. Stalling could work but overall a defeat is inevitable. =(

RezzieThaRapper

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nami turns invisible... Hodi does not have Haki... Sharks are good at smelling blood but at this point she won't be bleeding... She continually shocks him with traps, makes him go for fake mirages, lets him play in some water again, shocks him again, then lion rod for good measure, he gets back up, she turns invisible again, gust sword in the face, then more lightning and it goes on like this until either Hodi goes down or he ages into oblivion from the steroids

Nami Win... no joking

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Hodi won't feel any pain from such lightning. Only low level opponents can fall down from such low-level lightning Nami has for now. Hodi managed to survive tons of Luffy's attacks in Gear2 +CoA Hrdening Effect, then Red Hawk and only then he was taken down by Elephant Gun. His endurance is beyond reason, so no way he will go down by Nami's tricks. And she needs just one hit to go down...
Also I doubt she will go invisible from the start, while I'm pretty sure that blood-lusting Hodi will go for the kill from the start. He is like this.

Lolack

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
nami sucks, even hotori would beat her

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
nami sucks, even hotori would beat her
Name losing to Hotori?? No... maybe pre-timeskip, but not now. I think Hotori's out this time. He could probably use mantra to predict her moves, but since she often attacks with lightning, it wouldn't do him much good. You can't easily dodge lightning. Hotori's strong, but Nami was able to take down Kalifa, and has improved a lot since then too.

I'm sure Nami would lose to a full-powered Hodi, but I think both Nami and Hody advance this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.