Anime - Prince of Tennis Best Games!! OVA | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Prince of Tennis Best Games!! OVA

Friss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Both came from bluray disks. But converted to the format that I uploaded. Looks like they want the full disk which I can do as well. I'll look into that this week.

I also joined the discord as well and will post there.

DuckDog

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good News,

A member from Saizen Fansubs informed me that they plan on picking up the Best Games OVA to sub as a planned project :). They did not inform me as to when they will start but I’d say either way there should be some excitement!

I plan to make a donation to the group for picking up the series and encourage anyone to do the same if and only if you are interested, no pressure!

A special shoutout to @Friss for kindly uploading the Blu-ray rips onto nyaa for all of the episodes including the most recent release (Kirihara vs Fuji)! Without the uploads, this would not have been possible.

Last edited:

senpai kun

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Good News,

A member from Saizen Fansubs informed me that they plan on picking up the Best Games OVA to sub as a planned project :). They did not inform me as to when they will start but I’d say either way there should be some excitement!

I plan to make a donation to the group for picking up the series and encourage anyone to do the same if and only if you are interested, no pressure!

A special shoutout to @Friss for kindly uploading the Blu-ray rips onto nyaa for all of the episodes including the most recent release (Kirihara vs Fuji)! Without the uploads, this would not have been possible.
any update on this?

DuckDog

Reaction score
Country
United States
any update on this?
I haven’t heard anything from them regarding if they have started, etc. I could try asking them on their discord what the status is but don’t want to come off as pushy since it was us who asked to begin with. I am not sure how to proceed to be honest 😔

Jyzun

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Is There anj
I haven’t heard anything from them regarding if they have started, etc. I could try asking them on their discord what the status is but don’t want to come off as pushy since it was us who asked to begin with. I am not sure how to proceed to be honest 😔
Is there anyway to ask without seeming too pushy?

DuckDog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is There anj

Is there anyway to ask without seeming too pushy?
Just sent one of the members a message regarding any updates on the progress of the release. Crossing my fingers on some news. Wish me luck!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It’s been several days from the time I submitted my message and unfortunately I received a no response. As much as I was optimistic about the OVA being picked up, I am not sure if that is the case anymore given we haven’t heard anything in a few months. 😔

I am going to proceed with the assumption that no one is working on it thus I will begin searching for other fansub groups to ask them if they would be willing to pick up the series. I encourage you all to do the same as I hope at some point it may generate interest.

If there are any updates, I will continue to post here.

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States
To those looking for the subs to Best Games: Fuji vs Kirihara, I have good news! At last, I managed to finish the softsubs! Please note that this does not include the video, you'll have to obtain the video elsewhere to join the subs with.

You can find the link to the softsubs here!
Good stuff. I had to delay the subtitles around .5 second to match up with my bluray version but otherwise subtitles were good. I did notice you spelled Ryoma Ryouma.

Also one small typo on this line

> Props to you for catchingf that, Echizen Ryouma.

About 7:21 in.

Waterlinkedgirl

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Good stuff. I had to delay the subtitles around .5 second to match up with my bluray version but otherwise subtitles were good. I did notice you spelled Ryoma Ryouma.

Also one small typo on this line

> Props to you for catchingf that, Echizen Ryouma.

About 7:21 in.
Sorry to hear about the delay! I made this based on a DVD version, which would explain the difference in timing. I did indeed spell Ryoma Ryouma, which is in this age a more commonly used romanisation method, for the sake of internal consistency. It's the same kind of romanisation that gives rise to Byoudouin Houou rather than Byodoin Hoo! That isn't to say either way is more 'correct', though, there's many systems in use with each their merits and demerits. One of the merits of this system is that you don't need special characters to signify pronunciation, and that the romaji in most cases translate one to one to the hiragana input used to retrieve the kanji in IME conversion.
Thanks for catching the typo! That line was a late edit of mine, it must've slipped through hxftghcfgj It should be fixed now!

Last edited:

sisco

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any tips on where I can actually download the match video? I've tried google and get nothing 😑

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about the delay! I made this based on a DVD version, which would explain the difference in timing. I did indeed spell Ryoma Ryouma, which is in this age a more commonly used romanisation method, for the sake of internal consistency. It's the same kind of romanisation that gives rise to Byoudouin Houou rather than Byodoin Hoo! That isn't to say either way is more 'correct', though, there's many systems in use with each their merits and demerits. One of the merits of this system is that you don't need special characters to signify pronunciation, and that the romaji in most cases translate one to one to the hiragana input used to retrieve the kanji in IME conversion.
Thanks for catching the typo! That line was a late edit of mine, it must've slipped through hxftghcfgj It should be fixed now!
Ah I was just curious since I have seen Ryoma predominately and seeing Ryouma was different.

TeFu

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Any tips on where I can actually download the match video? I've tried google and get nothing 😑
It's up on nyaa, but you need torrent for it.

Ah I was just curious since I have seen Ryoma predominately and seeing Ryouma was different.
Hello, I just want to ask if PoT Best Games: Fuji vs Kirihara only available in BDMV?

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's up on nyaa, but you need torrent for it.

Hello, I just want to ask if PoT Best Games: Fuji vs Kirihara only available in BDMV?
Currently yeah