Game - Prince of Tennis RPG? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Game Prince of Tennis RPG?

JyAZ

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I was thinking about creating a forum based Prince of Tennis RPG because I'm bored and have nothing else to do. After searching for a while, there doesn't seem to be one that's active or any good. I did however find information an old RPG called Zero-shiki. They had an interesting system where SH2 was used to simulate all the matches. I've been constantly thinking of ideas on how to run a site like this, but I haven't put much into it yet. Would anyone be interesting in something like this? I've decided to put all my ideas on hold until I find out that some people are actually interested in it.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm interested in playing what you're talking about. So hurry up and make it! :]

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
The biggest thing I have to still work on is how to work Stats and Moves. I also wish that SH2's edit mode had a feature to delete stuff instead of just adding/replacing.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would love to help, but to quote another thread....

Example of Sherlock Holmes being a gm.

-----Player 1------
Ryoma runs towards the ball, and uses a drive B. He is careful to aim in a spot where Sanada can't return.

----Player 2------
Sanada uses Rai to get to the ball, and then uses Fuu to return it as fast as he can.

----GM Sherlock Holmes----
*Caham*
Rock falls. Everyone dies.

Player 1: WHERE DID THE ROCK COME FROM?
Player 2: WE WERE IN A TENNIS COURT FOR GOD'S SAKE!

GM Sherlock Holmes: DO NOT ARGUE WITH THE GAMEMASTER.
Which is why even if I ask, you must NEVER let me help you. NEVER.

Question though, on your rpg, would we use POT characters or create our own?

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would love to help, but to quote another thread....

Which is why even if I ask, you must NEVER let me help you. NEVER.

Question though, on your rpg, would we use POT characters or create our own?
Well the thing is, every character would have to be custom. I would use SH2 to input people's stats and have the computers play. I would record the matches and then put them up on youtube or something.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
That sounds cool

I have assloads of customs from Smash hit 2 and FTST...i've put a ridiculous amounts of hours into both.

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
That sounds cool

I have assloads of customs from Smash hit 2 and FTST...i've put a ridiculous amounts of hours into both.
The thing is, I've heard that RPGs like this have previously failed because the person simulating all the matches had too much to do. The RPG pretty much lies on this one person. It would be great to have a couple more people to simulate the matches.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I see...so what your asking is for other people to help simulate some matches?

A week earlier i would have volunteered ASAP...but Im getting a ps3 this Friday...my old ps2 will not be receiving much love in the coming weeks and i barely play it as is...

And creating new teams after such a long time is a hassle.

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States

A week earlier i would have volunteered ASAP...but Im getting a ps3 this Friday...my old ps2 will not be receiving much love in the coming weeks and i barely play it as is...

That actually is the opposite for me. I play SH2 when I'm bored with PC and PS3.

And actually, singles matches aren't too bad since you can just use Edit Mode for the most part.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
You know..i never unlocked edit mode..i didn't really care to unlock everything in SH2, i only had SH2 for a few weeks before Sai so graciously helped me get FTST.

I'll see what i can do though.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

The first game you play on your ps3 better be Metal Gear Solid 4.
*got the MGS4 bundle as soon as it came out*

I would also help, but I know I'm too much of a clown to do that. And I'm probably not going to have much time during the summer. A certain female friend decided that me, her, and two more friends would use this summer to do some TrainingFromHell to become the best fencers ever. I wonder if I can pull a Sanada and use my sword training while playing tennis.

Anyway, isn't there like an online tennis game for pc so people can all play for themselves instead of simulating matches? That would get rid of the simulator problem.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
The first game you play on your ps3 better be Metal Gear Solid 4.
*got the MGS4 bundle as soon as it came out*
No im getting the resistance/motorstorm/extra controller bundle...but i don't care about either of those..Blazblue is coming out next tuesday and SFIV was such a fucking let down it wasn't even funny..i need a real fighter..but this is REALLY off topic so lets stop.

The issue isn't really the simulation i remember something like..Higuma otoshi forums or something like that, they had videos on youtube kinda like this idea.

The issue is someone willing to create all the custom characters and being able to handle all the matchups if this wonderful idea was to bloom.

Correct me if I'm wrong JyAZ

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
No im getting the resistance/motorstorm/extra controller bundle...but i don't care about either of those..Blazblue is coming out next tuesday and SFIV was such a fucking let down it wasn't even funny..i need a real fighter..but this is REALLY off topic so lets stop.

The issue isn't really the simulation i remember something like..Higuma otoshi forums or something like that, they had videos on youtube kinda like this idea.

The issue is someone willing to create all the custom characters and being able to handle all the matchups if this wonderful idea was to bloom.

Correct me if I'm wrong JyAZ
Ya. Higuma Otoshi and ZeroShiki were basically the same guy I think. Just reincarnations of his RPG. I can handle all the singles characters easily with Edit Mode, it's just that doubles pairs will take like an hour or 2.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea..pair mode was a pain when speeding through it..since i didn't have edit mode i would use Pair mode to make singles characters..i used tezuka as a partner so i could focus on my other player at all times.

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I was thinking of having 2 schools in the Beta run through of the RPG. I will probably start with 4 schools after we get the system all settled. I need some people to help me think of a good stat system and other things. All people are welcome to help and participate.

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
So it's been a while since I've been on this boards, but I think I want to revive this idea. Instead of a full fledged RPG though, I think I'm just going to have the matches with a different way for stat increases. I don't have a tuner card though, but I was able to get everything going on an emulator.

Basically, I need 14 players I guess, including myself, to get this off the ground through a test run. Anyone interested?

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm in, but I doubt there are even 14 people who are on this forum.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm in, but I doubt there are even 14 people who are on this forum.
Sadly your are probably completely right. My other anime friends over here in the real world won't even touch PoT with a twelve foot stick. I'm in so long as I don't have to do that much.