Game - Prophet League Ver 2 [Final Tournament SFs] | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Game Prophet League Ver 2 [Final Tournament SFs]

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Welcome to the second installment of the Prophet League.

In this simple game we will attempt to predict the results of matches as they happen in the manga. Correct predictions will be awarded with a set amount of points depending on how close the prediction was to the real outcome. The winner is whoever has the most points by the end of the World Cup.

Please refer to this table to determine how to earn points:

Predict...​
Points​
<20%​
Team to advance.​
2​
5​
Winner of a match.​
2​
4​
Set count.​
1​
N/A​
Game count.​
1​
N/A​
Tiebreak score.​
1.5​
N/A​

Matches in which one side forfeits are treated as [6-0, 6-0] victories for the opposing side.

I hope this is somewhat clear, but feel free to ask for clarification.

Furthermore, you don't need to specifically sign up to participate and you can skip out on any of the predictions without consequences (except that you won't earn any points from that round).

Lastly, you are allowed to change your predictions as often as you want (within reason, I don't want to see anyone spamming the thread), but only until a match has started.
Once a match has started or we've received any concrete information on the outcome of a match through spoilers or Konomi's twitter, you may not change your prediction for that match any more.

And that should cover everything. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Since there's still some time until the start of the World Cup, I figured we could have a preliminary round of sorts by predicting which teams are going to participate in the cup. You may predict as many teams as you want - for each correct prediction, you will be awarded 1 point, but for each incorrect prediction you will lose 1 point.
You can also predict specific match-ups for the first round (e.g. USA vs Japan), getting this right will give you another 1 point.

Also, if less than 20% of participants predict a team and that team actually participates in the WC, those participants will be awarded 1 point extra.

The teams that have already been confirmed to participate (Japan, USA, Germany, France, Switzerland) may not be predicted for obvious reasons. Also, because we still don't know how the MS team will work, all of these predictions will only take the HS teams into consideration.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What does this mean? "Predict the winner (<20%)."

Also, are you going to have a category for the winning side in a national team matchup? I'm sure that we'll see some matches from the other teams, although we didn't really at all in PoT.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What does this mean? "Predict the winner (<20%)."
Basically, if less than 20% of participants bet on one side in a match-up and that side ends up winning, they get an extra point for "going against the odds."

Also, are you going to have a category for the winning side in a national team matchup? I'm sure that we'll see some matches from the other teams, although we didn't really at all in PoT.
Not sure what you're asking here, could you clarify?

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Basically, if less than 20% of participants bet on one side in a match-up and that side ends up winning, they get an extra point for "going against the odds."
Ah, okay.

Not sure what you're asking here, could you clarify?
Let's say that we get France vs Switzerland, for example. Will points be available for picking a winner for the team match there, so who progresses?

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Watch Sherlock here and exploits the loophole of not setting a limit to a prediction, like he did with infinite muga XD.

Really, though. There should be a more clear rule on how much prediction you can set. Also, I think if anyone can predict unlikely things like, say, a dark horse team beating USA and Germany (which probably is unlikely to happen), months in advance, maybe 3-5, there should be extra props for that. Or like Sengoku soloing the whole 1st stringer team.

I also would do a round by round (a nation vs nation) prediction winner and a overall winner. It gives people incentive to just win a "round" match when they just join and are like 20 points behind other people.

Also, can we get result for the 1st prophet league? I think the 1st post didn't change my prediction that I stated here,

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/60431-Prophet-League?p=1915938&viewfull=1#post1915938

so I seem to get 4 match's result right. But it'll nice to see the total points.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Let's say that we get France vs Switzerland, for example. Will points be available for picking a winner for the team match there, so who progresses?
Ah, I see. I guess we can do that. I feel like it shouldn't be worth a lot of points though because it's much easier in most cases than predicting individual matches.

Really, though. There should be a more clear rule on how much prediction you can set.
I'd like to keep it simple and not be forced to create a new award value each time someone makes an unusual prediction. If you can think of something very concrete you'd like to be able to predict and bring it up before we start, I'll probably accept it, but it needs to be more than "Predicted some sort of unlikely event."

For match results there's already the 20% rule, we can increase the award for those predictions a bit though.

I also would do a round by round (a nation vs nation) prediction winner and a overall winner. It gives people incentive to just win a "round" match when they just join and are like 20 points behind other people.
The former is fine as long as it doesn't give too many points like I said. For the latter, let's be real, are there more than maybe two choices here?

Also, can we get result for the 1st prophet league?
You would've gotten four points. For most of the rest, you still have a JAC account, don't you? Go here then.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I mean for the user, not for the team. Like

For USA vs filler country

1. User X (Z Points)
2. User Y (W Points)

That kind of things. Like a "mini round" prophet league compare to the "overall world cup" league.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Like a "mini round" prophet league compare to the "overall world cup" league.
Oh, I see what you mean. Sure, we can do that.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Ah, and about the "weird" prediction. Maybe prediction who vs who, more than X amount? If they're playing with 4 singles and 3 doubles, let's say you have to predict maybe 4-6 match up to get a point or something like that? Some of it might be obvious-ish, like Byoudonin and Echizen, but yeah.

Also, KO game by non power and violent players (that is actually easy to categorized) should be worth 2-3 points.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ah, and about the "weird" prediction. Maybe prediction who vs who, more than X amount? If they're playing with 4 singles and 3 doubles, let's say you have to predict maybe 4-6 match up to get a point or something like that? Some of it might be obvious-ish, like Byoudonin and Echizen, but yeah.
Potentially yes, depends on whether or not Konomi introduces all or at the least the majority of characters on each team though. I'll definitely try to keep this in mind.

Also, KO game by non power and violent players (that is actually easy to categorized) should be worth 2-3 points.
I would define KOs and other forfeited matches as 6-0, 6-0 score lines, so by predicting that result you can essentially get that amount of points. I'm going to add that definition to the first post.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Updated the first post. Raised the point values a bit so that we have less decimals to deal with and adjusted the point values in the second post accordingly.

Also, I'm picking these teams for my WC participants prediction:
Russia, Egypt, Italy, England, India, Spain, Australia

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Russia, Egypt, England, Spain, Australia, Serbia, India

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Russia, Egypt, India, Spain, Australia, England, Argentina

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just to make it clear in case it isn't, you're free to predict any number of teams, just keep in mind that you're gonna lose points for incorrect predictions.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I'm guessing these doesn't include the obvious one aka Japan, USA, Germany, France?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm guessing these doesn't include the obvious one aka Japan, USA, Germany, France?
The teams that have already been confirmed to participate (Japan, USA, Germany, France, Switzerland) may not be predicted for obvious reasons. Also, because we still don't know how the MS team will work, all of these predictions will only take the HS teams into consideration.
Correct.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hmm, I'll go with England, Italy, and Australia for now. Wondering if I should predict some Asian's country XD.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
England, Serbia, Netherlands, Russia, Australia, Argentina, Spain.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
China Russia Brazil England Australia Spain Argentina.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Australia, Brazil, Denmark and the UK as well as two other countries I have yet to identify are confirmed as participants and may not be predicted any more from here on out (I know Australia hasn't been completely confirmed, but they're the hosting country, so there's no way they aren't going to be in it).

Also, it seems like I don't even have to change the thread title for the next round of predictions:

Japan vs Germany (Pre-WC)
1st Match: Watanabe/Fuji vs ???
2nd Match: ??? vs ???
3rd Match: ??? vs ???

For now, please put down predictions for the 1st match as well as the overall winner of the confrontation. Both of these predictions may only be submitted during this month. Also, I don't know if these matches are going to be best of 1 set or best of 3 set ones, so feel free to cover both possibilities.

---------- Post added March 18, 2015 at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2015 at 02:28 PM ----------

Come on, everyone, what's up? Is posting a couple numbers too much effort?

My prediction is that the overall winner's going to be Germany. As for the first match though, Duke and Fuji are going to win 7-5 (or 3-6, 7-5, 6-4 if it's best of 3).

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Fineeeeeeeeeeee!

i bet on Germany too for these show off matches.
Duke/Fuji 6-1 or (6-1,6-0,6-0)