Discussion - QP VS Ralph | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion QP VS Ralph

QP VS Ralph: Who will win?

• QP

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Ralph

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I know QP is already matched up with Romeo on the weekly thread. But he is dominating the poll.

So I decided to match him against Ralph. The USA Captain who were able to unite strong USA players due to his power and leadership.

They are both left handed too. So no Southpaw advantage.

QP - his bread and butter will be Ultimate Aura. Extreme Version of TNK

Ralph - He have the ability to turn his weakness into strength. And you cannot score on him the same way twice. Ambiguous, but we get the point.

Who do you think will win in a fair 3 set match?

What will be the score?

-----
I will give a Hot Take. And go with Ralph.

Ralph has higher feat.

He is the only known character who were able to win a set against Ryoga!!! Ralph won the First Set in their match 6-2!!!!. And in the Second set. Ryoga barely won 7-6. Before Ryoga Used Consume in 3rd set.

Meaning Ralph can compete with Base Ryoga (Base Ryoga Means No Consume)

He also beat Amadeus. A player constantly mentioned same breath with Byodoin.(Though Byo got stronger now)

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Ryoga was serious enough to activate his consume, but I doubt he was going all out. He was screwing around playing with his hoodie on and was warning Ralph to stop (who only kept getting weaker once Ryoga switched gears).

Don't we usually see Ultimate Aura QP only a bit weaker than Volk (before his final upgrade)? In other words, there's a gap but nothing huge?

On the other hand, this is what Konomi said about Amadeus vs Volk:

46. Have Volk and Amadeus ever played against each other on the pro tour?At the moment, Volk is stronger and if they played now, he would win. Amadeus only turned pro recently, so he wouldn't be able to break through Volk's defense no matter how much he tried.

So the gap between Volk and Amadeus is massive. And Ralph is around the same level as Amadeus.

Imo these 2 aren't in the same tier.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ryoga was serious enough to activate his consume, but I doubt he was going all out. He was screwing around playing with his hoodie on and was warning Ralph to stop (who only kept getting weaker once Ryoga switched gears).

Don't we usually see Ultimate Aura QP only a bit weaker than Volk (before his final upgrade)? In other words, there's a gap but nothing huge?

46. Have Volk and Amadeus ever played against each other on the pro tour?At the moment, Volk is stronger and if they played now, he would win. Amadeus only turned pro recently, so he wouldn't be able to break through Volk's defense no matter how much he tried.

So the gap between Volk and Amadeus is massive. And Ralph is around the same level as Amadeus.

I dont think QP is same tier as Volk, Medanore, and Byodoin. Ngl

QP was in his knees against Base Volk during their practice match.

I think QP even with UA is same tier as Ralph and Amadeus.

Unless I am overestimating Ralph/Amadeus and underestimating QP.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I dont think QP is same tier as Volk, Medanore, and Byodoin. Ngl

I think QP even with UA is same tier as Ralph and Amadeus.

Unless I am overestimating Ralph/Amadeus and underestimating QP.
But then does that mean that, in turn, TnK Oni would pretty much lose 6-0 6-0 against Ralph and Amadeus?

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
But then does that mean that, in turn, TnK Oni would pretty much lose 6-0 6-0 against Ralph and Amadeus?
Maybe not 6-0 6-0.

But yeah. Imo Ralph/Amadeus beats Oni like 6-3, 6-4.

As for QP, if his UA can be activated whole 3 sets. Then, I think he will win.
But can UA really last 3 sets?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Maybe not 6-0 6-0.

But yeah. Imo Ralph/Amadeus beats Oni like 6-3, 6-4.

As for QP, if his UA can be activated whole 3 sets. Then, I think he will win.
But can UA really last 3 sets?
Ok but QP didn't lose a single point against Oni once he activated the Ultimate Aura. Isn't that significantly better than winning 6-4 6-4 or what have you?

I don't see why it wouldn't last 3 sets tbh.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ok but QP didn't lose a single point against Oni once he activated the Ultimate Aura. Isn't that significantly better than winning 6-4 6-4 or what have you?

I don't see why it wouldn't last 3 sets tbh.
Hmmm. So UA QP is nearing that Volk,Medanore, Byodoin Level?

Thinking about it again. My only argument is that Ralph dominated a set against Ryoga 6-2. And have a lost Close set 6-7. Before losing in 3rd set due to consume.

Maybe QP can do similar feat against Ryoga.

But I think this will be a very close match that can go either way.

PS: Surprised that Ralph is winning the poll. I thought QP will win the poll in a landslide. Lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I won't argue against the author.

But its funny to think that the reason why Amadeus wont win against Volk is because the former is a recent pro and the latter is veteran pro.

Meanwhile a Non Pro Player in Byodoin won against Volk.( albeit with little luck and fluke.)

Anyways, going back

This all depends if we really see UA QP just a bit weaker than Volk.

Since we using Volk against Amadeus (who scaled with Ralph) as our scaling basis.

Adamska

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
Ralph!
He was leading USA team on his shoulder, my opinion, being a leader is a point.
Q.P never get to that level, yet.
Even with his UQ, Ralph has the ability to cover his weakness, once he did it you can't attack it from that position.
Ralph is stronger than Oni!
Let's say Q.P going to using his UQ at the very beginning of the game, strong and fast and sharp serves+shot wont allow Ralph to react, however by the time and the ability he's got, find a way to counter Q.P's.
I think by judging their appearance both of them are on the same boat, however Ralph's advantage is to being Captain, carrying much more than others, and will fight until his last breath, it's like putting your life on the line, like he did vs Ryoga.
Q.P is not in that level, yet.
I think Ralph is stronger than Q.P without needing putting his life on the line. as a matter in fact, Captains of five teams:
Amadeus+Byodoin+Cameo+Medanore+Volk are stronger than any other second best player in each teams. except for Ryoga.