Character - QP | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character QP

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
We did not even know his real name. We only know that he is very strong. He could even Challenge Volk, He also have a natural talent. All his coach tells him to do is hit the different targets in the wall using racket and tennis ball. Anyone can do that, but never will be as good as Qp.

His aura is still a mystery. It is stated that he also played against ALL kinds of TNK. And he developed his aura because of that. I wonder who are those. It means QP is exposed against top tier TNK players. He is too young to played against Nanjiroh. But Maybe he already played aginnst Ryoga!!!! Maybe he lost, and developed his aura on that. Well, it is just a theory.

Qp I think also did not show his 100% yet, But he beats oni. And it looks like oni has a lot of respect for him.

What do you think about QP, especially his aura? Is it a TNK? Is it a superior version of TNK? Or simply another aura stronger than TNK?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What do you think about QP, especially his aura? Is it a TNK? Is it a superior version of TNK? Or simply another aura stronger than TNK?
To clarify the auras a bit, according to the extra page in chapter 283, it's apparently not three different types of TnK, but TnK is one of the Radiances of the Light of Pride. Oni's aura was mistakenly classified as TnK at first, but in reality is (and retrospectively always has been) the Strong Heart radiance.

About QP's aura (just going to refer to it as Ultimate Quality for now), what's interesting about it in my mind is that it seems you unlock it by accumulating experiences rather than performing any particular feat yourself. It's not just any experiences though. Rather, it seems to be about experiencing the most basic motivations in their purest form, where each Radiance may represent a different one. One is doing something for its own sake, one is doing something for others, the final one might be doing something for yourself.

I'm also guessing that not everyone who plays against the Radiances automatically unlocks Ultimate Quality. Or at least that seems too simplistic to me right now. Instead, I think you might really have to soak in the experience. If you recall, QP had a number of panels focusing only on his eyes before. There wasn't anything explicitly associated with that in his match with Oni, but in the context of this discussion, it reminds me of Kabaji a bit and how he takes in others' moves. Maybe QP has a similar ability.

But to conclude the rambling, Ultimate Quality seems to simply be another aura stronger than TnK, and similarly also different from the other two Radiances.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
To clarify the auras a bit, according to the extra page in chapter 283, it's apparently not three different types of TnK, but TnK is one of the Radiances of the Light of Pride. Oni's aura was mistakenly classified as TnK at first, but in reality is (and retrospectively always has been) the Strong Heart radiance.

About QP's aura (just going to refer to it as Ultimate Quality for now), what's interesting about it in my mind is that it seems you unlock it by accumulating experiences rather than performing any particular feat yourself. It's not just any experiences though. Rather, it seems to be about experiencing the most basic motivations in their purest form, where each Radiance may represent a different one. One is doing something for its own sake, one is doing something for others, the final one might be doing something for yourself.

I'm also guessing that not everyone who plays against the Radiances automatically unlocks Ultimate Quality. Or at least that seems too simplistic to me right now. Instead, I think you might really have to soak in the experience. If you recall, QP had a number of panels focusing only on his eyes before. There wasn't anything explicitly associated with that in his match with Oni, but in the context of this discussion, it reminds me of Kabaji a bit and how he takes in others' moves. Maybe QP has a similar ability.

But to conclude the rambling, Ultimate Quality seems to simply be another aura stronger than TnK, and similarly also different from the other two Radiances.
Maybe Ultimate Quality is only for QP. Just like Yips/Dream is only for Yukimura?

So, Tnk is a subpower of Radiance of Light of Pride? But I think there is also a TNK version subpower of Radiance of Strong Heart.

Waterlinkedgirl

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
To clarify a bit in more precise words, Ten'imuhou is the Radiance of Fondness, it's just its Japanese name. The Radiance of Fondness, together with the Radiance of Heartrend and Radiance of Strong Heart, fall under the Light of Pride, somewhat similar to how Hyakuren, Saiki and Ten'imuhou all fall under muga. Oni's Radiance from his match against Kintarou was likely misidentified as Ten'imuhou by the Japanese, but had probably always been the Radiance of Strong Heart all along.

The descriptions for the Radiances as given in the extra page in chapter 283 tell about what kind of players can have these Radiances, roughly translated:
Those who know the pleasure of enjoying tennis from the bottom of their heart can achieve the Radiance of Fondness. Those who understand the origin of their strength and know of its fleetingness can achieve the Radiance of Heartrend. Those who become strong for the sake of someone else can achieve the Radiance of Strong Heart.

To go a bit into further detail, I think each of these Radiances tells about where the player draws their strength from. The Radiance of Fondness is simply Ten' imuhou, enjoying something for its own sake. Echizen and Kintarou are the most representative examples of this.
The Radiance of Strong Heart draws strength from fighting for someone, whether that's one person in particular, your team, or the children at the orphanage you used to take care of. This one is achieved by Oni, who has strong bonds with people.
We haven't seen the Radiance of Heartrend yet (though I suspect we will right in the upcoming match), and it's by far the most vaguely described. I personally think it can be best understood by looking at Tezuka and Yukimura.
Both of them have experienced hardship, causing them to be unable to play tennis. Tezuka through his injury and Yukimura through his disease. In essence, they know that the ability to play tennis isn't something that speaks for itself, that it is fleeting, so to say. In his match against Yamato, Tezuka let go of fighting for, sacrificing himself for a team, and decided to fight for himself. In the process, he unlocked what we know so far to be Ten'imuhou, but could as well be a different Radiance after all.
Yukimura may be a more straightforward example. In his doubles match in the pre-WC against Germany, he was caught by the Yips. In order to break out of them, he had to find the reason why he plays tennis-- the origin of his strength, so to say. The reason he found was that his joy of returning to tennis was stronger than anyone else's. However, he hasn't been shown to unlock a Radiance at all thus far.
The general inability to distinguish Ten'imuhou from the other Radiances on a surface level leads me to believe the physical effects are similar, and that it's mostly the psychological origin that makes the difference.

So, with that reasoning, I think Kaoz' theory of deeply experiencing the other Radiances as origins of strength holds ground.
I looked a bit at the match for hints, and found this line by QP:
"The Light of Pride... By breaking it, I will become closer to the Quality of Perfection."
By understanding those motivations and assimilating or overcoming them, I think QP is able to reach the Ultimate Quality.
The coach's line of "Rather, by [having Oni] attacking him aggressively, QP will get closer to the Ultimate Quality." also seems to imply it's about experiencing the Radiances deeply.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
To clarify a bit in more precise words, Ten'imuhou is the Radiance of Fondness, it's just its Japanese name. The Radiance of Fondness, together with the Radiance of Heartrend and Radiance of Strong Heart, fall under the Light of Pride, somewhat similar to how Hyakuren, Saiki and Ten'imuhou all fall under muga. Oni's Radiance from his match against Kintarou was likely misidentified as Ten'imuhou by the Japanese, but had probably always been the Radiance of Strong Heart all along.

The descriptions for the Radiances as given in the extra page in chapter 283 tell about what kind of players can have these Radiances, roughly translated:
Those who know the pleasure of enjoying tennis from the bottom of their heart can achieve the Radiance of Fondness. Those who understand the origin of their strength and know of its fleetingness can achieve the Radiance of Heartrend. Those who become strong for the sake of someone else can achieve the Radiance of Strong Heart.

To go a bit into further detail, I think each of these Radiances tells about where the player draws their strength from. The Radiance of Fondness is simply Ten' imuhou, enjoying something for its own sake. Echizen and Kintarou are the most representative examples of this.
The Radiance of Strong Heart draws strength from fighting for someone, whether that's one person in particular, your team, or the children at the orphanage you used to take care of. This one is achieved by Oni, who has strong bonds with people.
We haven't seen the Radiance of Heartrend yet (though I suspect we will right in the upcoming match), and it's by far the most vaguely described. I personally think it can be best understood by looking at Tezuka and Yukimura.
Both of them have experienced hardship, causing them to be unable to play tennis. Tezuka through his injury and Yukimura through his disease. In essence, they know that the ability to play tennis isn't something that speaks for itself, that it is fleeting, so to say. In his match against Yamato, Tezuka let go of fighting for, sacrificing himself for a team, and decided to fight for himself. In the process, he unlocked what we know so far to be Ten'imuhou, but could as well be a different Radiance after all.
Yukimura may be a more straightforward example. In his doubles match in the pre-WC against Germany, he was caught by the Yips. In order to break out of them, he had to find the reason why he plays tennis-- the origin of his strength, so to say. The reason he found was that his joy of returning to tennis was stronger than anyone else's. However, he hasn't been shown to unlock a Radiance at all thus far.
The general inability to distinguish Ten'imuhou from the other Radiances on a surface level leads me to believe the physical effects are similar, and that it's mostly the psychological origin that makes the difference.

So, with that reasoning, I think Kaoz' theory of deeply experiencing the other Radiances as origins of strength holds ground.
I looked a bit at the match for hints, and found this line by QP:
"The Light of Pride... By breaking it, I will become closer to the Quality of Perfection."
By understanding those motivations and assimilating or overcoming them, I think QP is able to reach the Ultimate Quality.
The coach's line of "Rather, by [having Oni] attacking him aggressively, QP will get closer to the Ultimate Quality." also seems to imply it's about experiencing the Radiances deeply.
Yeah. I believe Tezuka's radiance is different from Ryoma. Because it is stated that Tezuka's is more superior.

Yukimura already said to akaya that it is not needed to have any radiance to be a great player . I don't think he will contradict himself.

Others I think have Radiances will be

1. Medanore- Heartrend (Pure Guess)
2. Ryoga - Heartrend (If Ryoma has radiance, he should have too)
3. Ralph - Strong heart (Obviously)

I predict Ralph Vs Ryoga will show us a battle between radiance of Strong heart, and radiance of Heartrend

André Vinícius

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
1. Medanore- Heartrend (Pure Guess)
2. Ryoga - Heartrend (If Ryoma has radiance, he should have too)
3. Ralph - Strong heart (Obviously)

I predict Ralph Vs Ryoga will show us a battle between radiance of Strong heart, and radiance of Heartrend
Medanore and Ryoga maybe but Ralph would be bad because he won agaisnt Amadeus without using any aura, giving him aura would be overkill, he would be better than Volk in this case.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Medanore and Ryoga maybe but Ralph would be bad because he won agaisnt Amadeus without using any aura, giving him aura would be overkill, he would be better than Volk in this case.
Ralph is against Ryoga anyway. I rather see a good match rather a 6-0 or 6-1 win for ryoga. I even wanted ralph to win, but it is unlikely for the plot. So Ryoga will surely win, but I want ryoga to have a tougher time though.

Besides, Ralph has all the requirements to have radiance of strongheart.

And no, Volk is still stronger,Who knows he has something stronger than Radiance.

Qp proved that you do not need radiance to be strong. Volk will surely have too especially SO FAR he is being hype as stronger to Qp

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Where? I don't remember anything along those lines in the manga.
Oops. Yeah. It is only in anime.

I got confused, Because I follow both anime and manga.

I wonder why manga and anime are being a LOT different. Konomi agreed that producers will change the story????

Waterlinkedgirl

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yukimura already said to akaya that it is not needed to have any radiance to be a great player . I don't think he will contradict himself.
I'd like to correct this. Yukimura said to Akaya that "even if you don't obtain Ten'imuhou, you don't have to give up on tennis."
He said nothing about the Light of Pride in particular.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'd like to correct this. Yukimura said to Akaya that "even if you don't obtain Ten'imuhou, you don't have to give up on tennis."
He said nothing about the Light of Pride in particular.
i still doubt Yukimura will have Light of pride or any Radiance. He will be already OP.

let us wait, we are still not even sure if this match is a dream or not.