Quarterfinals: Match 1: Whitebeard vs. Akainu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinals: Match 1: Whitebeard vs. Akainu

Who wins?

• Whitebeard

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Akainu

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
This thread wont have a poll until one day of discussion. This is to avoid one-liners and allow a bit more of discussion on each fight, as well to allow you to change your mind while discussing it. Thanks for your understanding.

Quarterfinals: Match 1

WHITEBEARD VS AKAINU

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Well I think we saw what would happen. Sure, Akainu is a tough bastard but Whitebeard gave him some pretty good blows while already covered with wounds and ill to begin with. Not that Akainu was helpless, but I think it was evident who had the upper hand.

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Whitebeard gave Akainu a pretty good thrashing, even while wounded and taking a huge number of attacks from the whole army. However, Akainu did give Whitebeard a pretty big hole in his chest. So I suppose neither actually defeated the other... But Whitebeard always looked like he had the upper hand, he'd almost certainly win 1v1.

SuperPeon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If Whitebeard had the upperhand against Akainu whilst fighting thousands of marines, it should be obvious that Whitebeard would destroy Akainu in a one on one fight.

But still, both users have a dangerous fruit and both could immense a lot of damage to the world. What I could only imagine Akainu winning is turning the land into a lava but I think Whitebeard's haki is fast enough to stop Akainu...

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We've basically seen this fight already. Whitebeard wins, even though Akainu takes the damage pretty well.

jaymizzo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When WB got serious he utterly trashed Akainu and like a lot of you said WB was already injured, sick etc. The army had to rely on cheap tactics to beat WB, Akainu explored the same tactics. I doubt Akainu would give WB a problem in a 1v1 fight.

WB clear winner.

leshrak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
WB already owned Akainu like he was a kid. Akainu has no chance of winning here

Pigov

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I agree with all the above posts. The manga/anime has pretty much proven that Akainu is no match for WB, Getting backstabbed and even getting a piece of your chest torn out, but still owning an admiral, makes this quarterfinal not even worth debating about :D

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
well,that fight already happened, akainu was owned,although WB had already been fighting other strong opponents. WB is the strongest of the world,that goes without question. Wb's fights are the surest one,cause oda stated the results himself (unless roger is involved :XD)

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Edward pull out shit of Sakasuki after being stabbed, thrusted and severly sick. Without any of this, he destroys any particle of magma reside on Akainu.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
also,when does the fight take place? I'd say akainu's highest strength was during the war,since aokiji lost a leg against him,it's also possible akainu was hurted by him too, as was WB by roger.

DEATHBOTT

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
i would just like to point out that even though i think wb would win this fight akainu wasn't as badly beaten as some of you are making out. he was surprised from behind and took direct hits from wb and still managed to get in an attack that took half of wb's head off. and then seemed no worse for wear just a little later. i think in a serious one vs one fight it wouldn't be as one sided as some of you are saying. wb however would win in the end imo.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Whitebeard. The war was an anomaly in the regular fight that features one on one, so in a one on one all out fair battle Newgate takes this! The strongest man in the world, can beat the strongest marine I guess. :O

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Whitebeard wins, but it won't be easy. And whatever around them will... well, won't be in the same shape when he's done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.