Question - Question: 文字バレについて (Issues on Spoilers) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Question: 文字バレについて (Issues on Spoilers)

uchipu

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
2ch とかにアップされる 文字バレ ってのを主体に訳してるんですが、こっちの人って実際の漫画原稿とかを訳したほうがよろこばれるんでしょうか?

自分としては、漫画原稿も楽しみですが、「早く次の展開がみたい!」って気持ちのほうが多く、原稿スキャンが来る前に訳してます。

でも 「お客さん」のお気に召さないようでしたら 文字バレは自分で楽しんで大人しくスキャンが来るまで待ったほうがベターだと思います。

みなさんの感覚としてはいかがでしょうか? こういったサイト・仕事Σ(゜д゜|||)って初めてなのでよくわかりません。

よろしくご教示くださいませ~

I usually pick up what we call "Moji Bare" (descriptive sneak peak) from various JP forums, mainly from 2ch.

However, would people prefer that I wait until the actual scans are available in order for me to translate?

Personally, I obviously look forward to the manga itself, but I am very anxious to see how the story unfolds, so I translate as soon as news is available, without waiting for the manga artwork to be scaned.

Yet, I must be conscious of my "customers", so if they don't like it, I'll just enjoy the Moji Bare to myself and wait until scans are up to translate.

What are some of your insights? This is my first time visiting sites such as this and doing this kind of work (????), so I have no idea.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

momodaisuki

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Re: Question: 文字バレについて

あくまでも私個人の意見なのですが、文字バレも良いものだと思います。(←単なる私の下心?・・・´・ω ・`ゞ)(笑)
でもやはりどちらでも喜ばれるとは思います。文字バレは主に待ちきれないファンのために、漫画原稿は主にscanslationをする人のためにと考えるのが妥当なのではないでしょうか?もちろんベストはどちらもすることですけれど、やはりそれだと大変ですからね・・・

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Well we often have these things for Naruto / Bleach, they are generally referred to as "spoilers" And for the most part, most people enjoy them. Of course sometimes they are far off from the original translation, I believe those that are really into DGM(D.Gray man) then they would really appreciate taking the time to translate it.

You could also avoid translating the entire thing and just give a summary of what it says. It might cause less pain/trouble for you and still give people something that they would like reading :).

Hope that helps ;)

oceanizer

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan

I take care of a One Piece forum, http://www.apforums.net/, and members' opinions difers. Some strictly prefer to wait until the real chapter comes out, others cannot wait for the next chapter so they just jump into spoiler thread and read them through.

I think members will know what they should do if the thread is tagged as spoiler properly, so don't worry too much about it? :)

Btw, I think I was the first one ever that did spoiler translation >:) I started off of One Piece, then moved onto Bleach and Death Note, and got bashed by Narutards when I was asked to do it, but I did a crappy translation because I didn't know what the heck is going on on Naruto. Now I'm retired from all of them since there are so many translators doing it @_@

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

njt said:
I believe those that are really into DGM(D.Gray man) then they would really appreciate taking the time to translate it.
Being one of those fans and having access to this forum ( though i know i should leave it alone ), i would be really glad to see spoiler summaries every now and then. If the thread title is clear, people wont be spoiled unless they themself want to, and a lot of people do want to, naruto and bleach have proven that. ( spelling ok, but grammar? ). Anyway, if i was wrong to think this was about DGM from taylor's post ( zero jp knowledge here ), please remove this post entirely, lol. XD

Last edited by a moderator: